In better news…

It’s so important …

as stated .  Season tickets and gate revenue cover the cost of the players about 50 percent of the cost of running the club .. the other 50 percent comes from commercial activities and not gate money .. we wouldn’t have the club week the f we only relied on gate revenue 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nick said:

It’s so important …

as stated .  Season tickets and gate revenue cover the cost of the players about 50 percent of the cost of running the club .. the other 50 percent comes from commercial activities and not gate money .. we wouldn’t have the club week the f we only relied on gate revenue 

Nick, the 2 go hand in hand, or chicken and egg, more supporters, more money. More money means better team. Better team means more success. More success means more sponsors. More sponsors means more money. More money means better team. Better team means more supporters. Etc etc etc.

Engaging with the supporters is equally as important as engaging with the commercial sponsors. As we have already said, the supporters are the one true constant in this whole merry go round. Owners/Directors come and go. Sponsors come and go. Who is left in the ground at the end of each changing of the guard, the supporters.  

Pound for pound the supporters collectively pump as much money, if not more, into the club than either the owner or the sponsors. And we do it with no expectation other than we have a football team to watch and that they try their hardest to win every game.

When the chips were down at the end of the last season and we had "Project Play offs" who was it that stepped up to the plate and put their hands in their pockets........ 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Engaging with the supporters is equally as important as engaging with the commercial sponsors. As we have already said, the supporters are the one true constant in this whole merry go round. Owners/Directors come and go. Sponsors come and go. Who is left in the ground at the end of each changing of the guard, the supporters.  

Pound for pound the supporters collectively pump as much money, if not more, into the club than either the owner or the sponsors. And we do it with no expectation other than we have a football team to watch and that they try their hardest to win every game.

When the chips were down at the end of the last season and we had "Project Play offs" who was it that stepped up to the plate and put their hands in their pockets........ 

Some great points mate. A club like ours really cannot afford to piss off their own. The more you think about it the more I am convinced that having some form of fan representation on the board is essential. Every season we seem to upset another (albeit in previous seasons small) section of the fanbase. Luckily for the Club we seem to keep most of them as their loyalty is too strong. However, we of course will lose some which we simply cannot afford to do, even more so for us as we appear at least to have an ageing fanbase. We know we made many mistakes on the rise up through the Glue Leagues and we cannot turn back time but we simply need to start somehow growing the fanbase and that begins with keeping the existing fans happy and content. 

14 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Won't many of the matchday sponsors this year be those supporters who paid yonks ago for the £500 packages and so on?

Hoddie, there is a backlog of yet to be redeemed packages. This will limit what the club can offer as incentives to fans, and in fairness they are trying to do their best to clear the backlog whilst not adding to it.

This season will see some new fundraising initiatives coming through  from the Supporters Club as well as the old faithful Goalometer and Play the Squares, but we will need to increase the membership of the SC if it is to become the main voice for the supporters.

3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Hoddie, there is a backlog of yet to be redeemed packages. This will limit what the club can offer as incentives to fans, and in fairness they are trying to do their best to clear the backlog whilst not adding to it.

This season will see some new fundraising initiatives coming through  from the Supporters Club as well as the old faithful Goalometer and Play the Squares, but we will need to increase the membership of the SC if it is to become the main voice for the supporters.

how can people join and will existing members be contacted re renewing???

A Supporters board members is a great step forward, however they also need to be able to respect certain areas of confidentiality..like individual wage, transfer negotiations etc .. but that being said more transparency on the overall budget and accounts would I think be unifying 

51 minutes ago, chadders said:

how can people join and will existing members be contacted re renewing???

Chadders, as you will be aware Roger Bottomley has retired as the Supporters Club Secretary/Treasurer and Simon Denton is picking up the ropes as the new Treasurer.

Roger managed most of the SC day to day work without having moved fully into the digital age, and one of the tasks I am undertaking is to transfer all of the paper based membership details into a digital format. At the same time the ability to register an application for membership will be resolved in the next week. A new Word based format form will be made available via the club website enabling supporters to download, complete and email back their forms.

At the same time renewals for existing members will be issued ahead of the start of the new season.

In the short term should anyone wish to obtain a form, even if it is using last seasons format they can contact me either through a PM on here.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Can I suggest you update the membership form to ensure it meets GDPR legislation.

Yes, and we will register with the ICO. As you can see we are trying to drag the SC into the 21st century. We are even moving to online banking which might simplify how donations and costs for football cards etc can be done in future.

• Like 2

Just now, ITMAN said:

Yes, and we will register with the ICO. As you can see we are trying to drag the SC into the 21st century. We are even moving to online banking which might simplify how donations and costs for football cards etc can be done in future.

Steady on... :)

I mention it because I'm a little familiar with the legislation due to my work, and the penalties for not adhering to data protection can be severe.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Steady on... :)

I mention it because I'm a little familiar with the legislation due to my work, and the penalties for not adhering to data protection can be severe.

Yes, it is a minefield. I spend a lot of time helping Trusts to fill out Data Protection Impact Assessment's, and it is surprising the number of hoops that have to be jumped through.

36 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Either I don’t know U2’s back catalogue, or that one went right over your head 😆

Correct it went right over my head...too busy trying to get some work completed, no good at multi-tasking.