Halifax Town Supporters Club

Hoddie

Well I have found evidence that it existed in the 1920s, and in the club's first year and for many subsequent years there was the Workingmen's Committee (which elected a supporter onto the board!). I just wondered if there was an 'official' year of formation.

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Well I have found evidence that it existed in the 1920s, and in the club's first year and for many subsequent years there was the Workingmen's Committee (which elected a supporter onto the board!). I just wondered if there was an 'official' year of formation.

They probably had it right back then, see no harm in having a representative on board even if it is only to put forward the supporters perspective. Probably should be a law to ensure it.

No idea when supporters club was formed.

6 hours ago, Roy Race said:

They probably had it right back then, see no harm in having a representative on board even if it is only to put forward the supporters perspective. Probably should be a law to ensure it.

No idea when supporters club was formed.

I think this is the crux of it for me. Having fan representation on the board benefits all, including DB. Yes, he will also lose as he will need to be much more transparent and will have to get used to not being in his comfort bubble, but a lot of the fans criticism's each year could be alleviated if there was a fan intelligent and strong enough to truly represent the best interests of the Club as a whole and the fans. I realised as soon as i typed 'intelligent' that this plan is doomed!! 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Shaamen said:

I think this is the crux of it for me. Having fan representation on the board benefits all, including DB. Yes, he will also lose as he will need to be much more transparent and will have to get used to not being in his comfort bubble, but a lot of the fans criticism's each year could be alleviated if there was a fan intelligent and strong enough to truly represent the best interests of the Club as a whole and the fans. I realised as soon as i typed 'intelligent' that this plan is doomed!! 🤣

Not doomed but it does severely restrict the candidate list:wacko:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

How do you join the SC...my 2 grandkids wants to join..

Go for a walk to Hipperholme post office and have a word with the postmaster. On your way back call in at Travellers for a few pints

• Like 1

Posted on another thread but relevant to this topic:

Chadders, as you will be aware Roger Bottomley has retired as the Supporters Club Secretary/Treasurer and Simon Denton is picking up the ropes as the new Treasurer.

Roger managed most of the SC day to day work without having moved fully into the digital age, and one of the tasks I am undertaking is to transfer all of the paper based membership details into a digital format. At the same time the ability to register an application for membership will be resolved in the next week. A new Word based format form will be made available via the club website enabling supporters to download, complete and email back their forms.

At the same time renewals for existing members will be issued ahead of the start of the new season.

In the short term should anyone wish to obtain a form, even if it is using last seasons format they can contact me either through a PM on here.