Number of new season tickets sold

49 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Morning mate. You obviously didn’t go to the lower league friendlies last season. Was not the case of us attacking for 90mins 😂 and I can’t remember the last time we won a friendly by 5. Probs Brighouse Town. 

I’m taking Clitheroe as the exception :lol: They were playing their last friendly before the season started whereas we were still burping and farting our way through the first week of training

12 hours ago, greygoose said:

And you say your not negative.....jesus wept.

You are funny 🤣

Im not being negative you might think that I’m being realistic as always! 

Our friendlies are crap every season now gone are the days of getting excited to see an almost full squad against some proper teams. Now we don’t ever have a full squad or a near enough full squad and the teams we play aren’t exactly going to get you excited. 

In terms of my season tickets comment do you also not think if they announced we have sold 150 season tickets for example at this part of the season that it would be embarrassing and we would probably get the piss taken out of us. I also don’t think we will have even sold 150 adult ST 🤦🏽‍♂️

Just start thinking more realistic for a change instead of always saying everyone is negative 👍🏽

Edited by TJAshton

2 hours ago, dcrossl1 said:

Down South for a few days, so went to St Albans v Wealdstone on Tuesday. I got talking with a few of their staff/volunteers. St Albans are in Conference South and are charging £249 season ticket, 21 games, and £18 on the day. They also were not happy with their chairman's pricing. 

Enjoyable evening, 1-1 draw, and that 'nice' Wealdstone team started a brawl near the end.

They were like that when they used to play in the Ryman Premier. They always carried on as if they thought they were slumming it. Leopards and spots come to mind.

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

That's done just so they can use the 'ancient mariner' term :) but it's very clever all the same, and great value.

I wonder what the similar term would be for a Shayman?

It certainly is value for money and put's our S/T prices to shame. I think we are still the only club in the NL without some form of concession for the older fans, who will have been loyal paying customers for many decades.

18 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I think I've made my decision!!! A lot of pondering, but the wife threatened to ban me from going if I paid on the gate, said I would be stupid wasting more money!!! And the thought of a Proud Yorkshireman wasting money sits even more uncomfortably than when we paid £80 to watch Chesterfield. So????????? ☹️

It's done!!! For better or worserer!!!! ☹️ I'm not happy about this, and nobody better be in "MY" seat when I get there or I'm liable to kick of. I want a Flag on my seat that says "Tommys Keep Off" FCHT take note, Tommys not happy?? 😬

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

It's done!!! For better or worserer!!!! ☹️ I'm not happy about this, and nobody better be in "MY" seat when I get there or I'm liable to kick of. I want a Flag on my seat that says "Tommys Keep Off" FCHT take note, Tommys not happy?? 😬

What have you done, divorced her?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

You know it makes sense.....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nw3casc1 said:

Am I the only one to have seen this. Tell us nw3 is that a number you`ve just made up or do you have some inside info?

If that number is anywhere near correct, why isn`t DB making a plea by firstly apologising for the ST pricing misjudgement and rectifying that, because I am probably more stubborn than he is and there are many more who are even more stubborn and we aren`t going to buy a ticket unless he makes amends.

I asked and got a refund on 2 adult season tickets last season and decided to pay for the streamed games home & away , the £ 600.00 made me interest on my bank account of about £20.00, so I should have deferred . I will be very happy to purchase a new season ticket when all the details that come with it are announced, ie, if fans are not allowed into games , ( ditto any new government rules) any discounts on new shirts and hospitality events, as yet, please correct me, I don’t think I have heard anything about 

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

That’s really not good for the club at all. 200 at this stage is worrying very worrying! 

Maybe people are still holding out with the news that entry to Premier League games could be limited to only those who have had a double vaccination? If this trickles down to the NL then we might be back into restricted numbers in grounds as well as having to provide evidence of a full vaccination record.

It seems easy to obtain the NHS letter to confirm vaccination so I have applied for that. We'll probably need it for other things anyway.

I'm leaving my purchase to the last possible minute in the hope of avoiding the same fiasco as last season. Just wish I had taken the deferral option then!

I'm sure there will be a number of people still not comfortable going to events so no doubt there will be some drop off due to that.

Anything could still happen with the pandemic so all the uncertainty is a nightmare to deal with. Football seems to plough on regardless as if is immune from it all. It's certain that games will be postponed again due to Covid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

It seems easy to obtain the NHS letter to confirm vaccination so I have applied for that. We'll probably need it for other things anyway.

I'm leaving my purchase to the last possible minute in the hope of avoiding the same fiasco as last season. Just wish I had taken the deferral option then!

I'm sure there will be a number of people still not comfortable going to events so no doubt there will be some drop off due to that.

Anything could still happen with the pandemic so all the uncertainty is a nightmare to deal with. Football seems to plough on regardless as if is immune from it all. It's certain that games will be postponed again due to Covid.

Very true and a sensible suggestion to the moaners who say its a slow uptake. 

This virus is unpredictable and there will be people shielding or like you seeing how it pans out to the last minute. 

Even i considered not bothering this year for the sake of my health and worry about varients and mutations. Surely im not alone and we do have quite a lot of older and vulnerable fans. 

But no, we must skim over things like this and moan, moan moan. Have a pop at the club. 

The replies to the twitter post is embarrassing too. Some reyt whinging saddos follow us. All gob but no substance. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Very true and a sensible suggestion to the moaners who say its a slow uptake. 

This virus is unpredictable and there will be people shielding or like you seeing how it pans out to the last minute. 

Even i considered not bothering this year for the sake of my health and worry about varients and mutations. Surely im not alone and we do have quite a lot of older and vulnerable fans. 

But no, we must skim over things like this and moan, moan moan. Have a pop at the club. 

The replies to the twitter post is embarrassing too. Some reyt whinging saddos follow us. All gob but no substance. 

Plenty pointing out where the club are going wrong but non coming forward with practical solutions. Everything goes quiet when asked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Plenty pointing out where the club are going wrong but non coming forward with practical solutions. Everything goes quiet when asked.

Exactly. We'll be accused of being happy clappers and ar$e lickers for saying that. 

I get some have grievances and in some cases its true. But some just moan no matter what and have no solution or give no real examples to back up their debating. Its just a good excuse to whinge. 

On 7/21/2021 at 8:48 AM, TommyH72 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this dilemma. Should I shouldn't I scenario. Thing is, It really is cutting your nose off to spite your face. I think I read that it's going to be £21 on the gate per home game, x 22 = £462.00, yet a ticket is going to cost £279 (I think) or even if they were to rip me off again, then even £349.00 still makes sense!!! But being a stubborn old b-----d theres a part of me that doesn't want to back down. 60yrs of loyal support is is in the balance here, what the hell do I do???

You either support town or you don't you're decision

16 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

No it doesn't. In any case, it's not the job of the supporters to come up with 'practical solutions' - DB wanted total and complete control. He has it. You can't have it both ways and whine when his decisions don't pan out as expected, just because nobody is pointlessly offering alternatives after the fact.

44 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Exactly. We'll be accused of being happy clappers and ar$e lickers for saying that. 

I get some have grievances and in some cases its true. But some just moan no matter what and have no solution or give no real examples to back up their debating. Its just a good excuse to whinge. 

You are aware we are supporters not businessmen or owners of the club! 

It’s not up to supporters to make a solution or change anything as we simply can’t. It’s not whinging btw it’s an opinion just saying 👍🏽

3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

I can see from the Twitter feed that the number of S/T renewed or sold is just over the 200 mark. That will put a big dent in the cashflow compared to previous seasons. 

It might not be the only thing to put a dent in cash flow as it is still not certain what proportion of regular supporters will feel comfortable attending matches whilst infections still proliferate

43 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

You either support town or you don't you're decision

I've only just seen this comment. And once again I ask the question to some of you people, Who the hell do you think your talking to making utterly stupid comments like yours?? You either support Town or you dont????? Moron!! I've got my 60yrs in, what about you?? And the reason that me and quite a few other "Real" Town supporters feel aggrieved is because sadly the club failed to show us the same level of loyalty as we have given to the club over the many years!!! So, I suggest that if you havent got anything constructive to add to the threads then dont bother!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1