Number of new season tickets sold

I’m seriously thinking of not renewing, I’ll probably change my time before our first match but the situation isn’t great.

My dad (knocking on for 80) bought a season ticket last year at full whack, didn’t stream a single game and only attended the Chesterfield match. He didn’t moan about it as he knew the club needed the money. This year he’s considering not renewing for the first time.

You can really only guess how many tickets we have sold so far. I’m still waiting to find out what the take up was last season.

22 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Here's a test of the openness of the club, how many new adult season tickets have we sold to date, I am going for less than 10 but would be pleased to be contradicted?

I honestly think it’ll be less than 100. A lot of supporters will be pissed off that Bosomworth disgustingly ripped off the loyal fans, all our best players leaving, season tickets being stupidly priced and the fact we’ve only signed two players. 

I reckon this will be our lowest ever season for season ticket sales

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I honestly think it’ll be less than 100. A lot of supporters will be pissed off that Bosomworth disgustingly ripped off the loyal fans, all our best players leaving, season tickets being stupidly priced and the fact we’ve only signed two players. 

I reckon this will be our lowest ever season for season ticket sales

Up the Town Tom..get behind the club.

39 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I’m seriously thinking of not renewing, I’ll probably change my time before our first match but the situation isn’t great.

My dad (knocking on for 80) bought a season ticket last year at full whack, didn’t stream a single game and only attended the Chesterfield match. He didn’t moan about it as he knew the club needed the money. This year he’s considering not renewing for the first time.

You can really only guess how many tickets we have sold so far. I’m still waiting to find out what the take up was last season.

My mate, his dad and brother all bought season tickets, didnt ask for a refund, could have as only 1 of them needed to stream the games, but wanted to back the club,and get the benefits of a price freeze and 100 off for this season, yet hasnt happened.

As I have previously stated. I will not be buying a season ticket. It will take a long time or a massive apology from the club over last seasons ticket debacle. The club have £80 of my money but absolutely none of my respect. I really could not think how this seasons debacle could have been handled worse. 

Byrne and Hyde leaving have left me feeling very pessimistic for the forthcoming season. GM will have to delve into his black book of contacts to find suitable replacements. 

Does anyone know how the club feel about shafting us with the season ticket offer?  

I too would like to know how many STs have been sold. If there as few as I suspect then will the club admit they made a mistake? I suspect not but until they do, they are not getting a penny of my money. It`ll be fun finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arryarry said:

As I have previously stated. I will not be buying a season ticket. It will take a long time or a massive apology from the club over last seasons ticket debacle. The club have £80 of my money but absolutely none of my respect. I really could not think how this seasons debacle could have been handled worse. 

Byrne and Hyde leaving have left me feeling very pessimistic for the forthcoming season. GM will have to delve into his black book of contacts to find suitable replacements. 

Does anyone know how the club feel about shafting us with the season ticket offer?  

I too would like to know how many STs have been sold. If there as few as I suspect then will the club admit they made a mistake? I suspect not but until they do, they are not getting a penny of my money. It`ll be fun finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Spot on. But to say this you get the people saying "support the club" blah blah blah, we supported the club last season when we could have had a refund, we paid 299 to stream 20(i think) games which were only 9.99 each but we did it to support our club, to get a prize freeze for this season and get the 100 back off this season ticket seen as we paid 100 extra for what it would have cost us to stream games individually. Poor by the club. 

So how many fans who had a season ticket last season, who are not going to renew this season, are still going to go to the home games? Or are we talking about a boycott from the disgruntled fans?

8 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

So how many fans who had a season ticket last season, who are not going to renew this season, are still going to go to the home games? Or are we talking about a boycott from the disgruntled fans?

Just been talking to my mum who's gone for 40+ years. She's just learnt about what the club has done and she's decided she isnt getting another one. Don't blame her to be honest. They've taken the season ticket holders for mugs

She said she'll get another one when Bosomworth has gone. 

Edited by Greggs

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Just been talking to my mum who's gone for 40+ years. She's just learnt about what the club has done and she's decided she isnt getting another one. Don't blame her to be honest. They've taken the season ticket holders for mugs

She might have a long wait!

• Sad 1

I have criticised the club for what has happened with the season ticket refund and the way it has been handled and am far from happy with it. We were ripped off and it is as simple as that. Even a simple comparison to the cost of streaming tells you that. The manufactured cost of buying a full price season ticket is straight out of the Boris Johnson book of how to piss people off.

However, I will still go to the vast majority of home games so not to have a season ticket would be financial madness.

I will continue to support the club but they will not get a penny more from me other than the cost of my season ticket.

A massive own goal which could have been handled so much better with the club presumably taking the view that they were the terms and conditions of the offer and so be it.

I would think that excluding away fans there will be some attendances below 1,000 next season and even with success on the pitch they will remain low until the final few games.

Yes the coronavirus has dealt a financial blow to the club but like any other business the owner has to deal with it so no surprise he expects the customers to pay for it rather than himself. He shouldn't be surprised when the customers decide to spend their money elsewhere. Maybe DB should make a one off donation to the club at least equivalent to the amount the fans would have been refunded without the stadium being open for one game as an acknowledgement of our contribution but don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Greggs, will she still go to watch though, or is it no S/T no going to the game? 

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Greggs, will she still go to watch though, or is it no S/T no going to the game? 

She will pick and choose the home games depending on who they are against I suppose. Personally I think it will just be a one season thing as a point of principle against Bosomworth. 

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

She will pick and choose the home games depending on who they are against I suppose. Personally I think it will just be a one season thing as a point of principle against Bosomworth. 

These are the stories that should worry the BoD - long time, committed fans choosing to downgrade their level of support.

19 minutes ago, greg45 said:

These are the stories that should worry the BoD - long time, committed fans choosing to downgrade their level of support.

I kinda don’t blame them especially after what they’ve done to loyal fans! 

• Like 1

It's a big season for Wild , he has a play off place and a top 10 place so looking in that looks pretty good but the way both seasons went it's overly flattering .

Got to deliver this season , hoping for an Amazon , expecting a Hermes .

Hope I am wrong and he can find a few  gems .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My old man (turning 80 this year) once again parted with his pension money and bought a renewed season ticket. I helped him with the online purchase.

What shocked me was that concession holders can pay on the day at a reduced "concession" rate yet there is no prevision for concessions on season tickets!!

Why is this?

Is it simply that a large number of season ticket holders would be at the "concession" rate and they would lose a significant chunk of cash?? If that is the case, the board should be ashamed of themselves..

As a poster above eluded, (and my dad was in the same boat) I'd suggest that there was a large group of older fans that did not take the money back last season for their season ticket and probably didn't have the capacity to live stream the awful coverage that was provided..

The board should have thought about these fans when setting the ticket prices.. 

52 minutes ago, Rick Holden said:

My old man (turning 80 this year) once again parted with his pension money and bought a renewed season ticket. I helped him with the online purchase.

What shocked me was that concession holders can pay on the day at a reduced "concession" rate yet there is no prevision for concessions on season tickets!!

Why is this?

Is it simply that a large number of season ticket holders would be at the "concession" rate and they would lose a significant chunk of cash?? If that is the case, the board should be ashamed of themselves..

As a poster above eluded, (and my dad was in the same boat) I'd suggest that there was a large group of older fans that did not take the money back last season for their season ticket and probably didn't have the capacity to live stream the awful coverage that was provided..

The board should have thought about these fans when setting the ticket prices.. 

It is strange that we are about the only club in the NL that do not offer any concessions for our older supporters. Maybe we should have some form of loyalty scheme that gives you a better price for holding a season ticket for each consecutive year you hold one. 

• Like 2

Not nice Rick saying my old man because soon will be joining that elite club health permitting, anyway wont be buying a season ticket because something about our club seems different in the last three years which i can't  figure out, been very loyal to the club for 60 odd years but its not the same anymore and dirty tricks with the season tickets makes you think we are just numbers providing the chairman with his hobby and does he really care, sorry Janis if i have spoilt your day so we will wait and see if Wild and his contacts come good,dont think Jake was  not good for the team and never looked happy so good riddance and we await your visit to the Shay where we will show our appreciation like players who have took our money then stabbed us in the back.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:31 AM, ITMAN said:

It is strange that we are about the only club in the NL that do not offer any concessions for our older supporters. Maybe we should have some form of loyalty scheme that gives you a better price for holding a season ticket for each consecutive year you hold one. 

That’s a good idea ITMan. Like car insurance NCD bonus. Perhaps email the new commercial director with the suggestion? He must have some input into season ticketing prices from his experience at the Terriers. For next season, if too late for this.

1 minute ago, Ladyluck said:

That’s a good idea ITMan. Like car insurance NCD bonus. Perhaps email the new commercial director with the suggestion? He must have some input into season ticketing prices from his experience at the Terriers. For next season, if too late for this.

Yes, I will do that. It could be a way for the club to backtrack and offer some sort of olive branch for all those S/T holders from last season who feel let down.

• Thanks 1