Jack Earing.

6 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

He could well be as everyone expects, but they won't get him on a free as I understand we will get a fee for him because he is under 24 years old.

Yes a tribunal will set the fee.

I think the last time we were involved with a tribunal was when we got Kingsley James from Chester and we paid 20K?

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

That’s a shame. Adds up with JF being there. This is the problem with leaving new contracts till the last minute. He should have been offered a new deal in January. 

When we are seeking £400k to stay afloat, we are hardly likely to be offering extended deals to players.

Jack is 22 years old and has developed superbly over the two seasons. If we get a small sum and a sell on ( if that’s possible through a TB) then we will have done okay.

Kieran Spence could do a job in that position.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

When we are seeking £400k to stay afloat, we are hardly likely to be offering extended deals to players.

Jack is 22 years old and has developed superbly over the two seasons. If we get a small sum and a sell on ( if that’s possible through a TB) then we will have done okay.

100% sure he will even though there are some on here thinks he should be shipped out and need to keep Green & Summerfield.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

19 minutes ago, AJS said:

That’s a shame. Adds up with JF being there. This is the problem with leaving new contracts till the last minute. He should have been offered a new deal in January. 

JF's last "fuck you" to Halifax Town will be to grab one of our best players for next to nowt.

I hope Earing goes on and has a great career and he would leave with my best wishes. But Walsall? Seriously? Weren't they flirting with relegation to the Conference last season? He's better than that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We've brought him on over the last couple of years and l really thought another season with us would have made league 1 clubs sit up and take notice....but Walsall?? He's much better than that! Wild should have put an option extension into his contract when he first signed last year...missed a trick there lm afraid.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AJS said:

You can offer new deals but if the agent or player are not interested it doesn’t matter. 

6 minutes ago, woody said:

We've brought him on over the last couple of years and l really thought another season with us would have made league 1 clubs sit up and take notice....but Walsall?? He's much better than that! Wild should have put an option extension into his contract when he first signed last year...missed a trick there lm afraid.

Wasn't it Fullarton who signed him not Wild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

JF's last "**** you" to Halifax Town will be to grab one of our best players for next to nowt.

I hope Earing goes on and has a great career and he would leave with my best wishes. But Walsall? Seriously? Weren't they flirting with relegation to the Conference last season? He's better than that.

That's where James Hardy went, wasn't it? Now back at Chester. I don't wish Jack Earing ill. Just irked.

30 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Young players like Earing can make us money. We could have potentially sold him on for a good fee had he been contracted.

Don’t think we will be entitled to a sell on with him being out of contract. Can’t see us getting much. 5-10k maybe?

As for Spence, you can see hes got potential but don’t think he’s ready to be playing week in week out for us yet personally from what I’ve seen.

In the flash appearances ive seen Spence this season. The boy has potential. But folk who are saying “he’s the replacement for Earing” will be the same folk who are calling for Pete Wilds head when we are floating near the bottom next season. No offence to Spence. But he isn’t 1st team quality yet. Just like Earing wasn’t in his 1st season. 

Edited by Gavlar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AJS said:

How do you know he wasn’t .. it had been reported that there had always been an on going discussion 

remember if you make offer and he turns it down mid season then you create a different problem .. 

Id love Jack to stay but in all honesty he isnt irreplaceable. He's had 2/3rds of a good season, obviously not had the chance or been good enough to get in our team before this season. A fit Summerfield is much more influential to this team than Jack. Jack, like all other players have to take a football league opportunity though when it comes around.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woody said:

JF giving him a two year contract was a bold move in the first place .. at the end of the first season people were hoping for more this year but let’s be honest he has come on then most would have expected.. 

nobody at this level get three year contracts 

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

How do you know he wasn’t .. it had been reported that there had always been an on going discussion 

remember if you make offer and he turns it down mid season then you create a different problem .. 

PW said himself they weren’t offering new deals to anyone until his own future was sorted

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

JF giving him a two year contract was a bold move in the first place .. at the end of the first season people were hoping for more this year but let’s be honest he has come on then most would have expected.. 

nobody at this level get three year contracts 

Jake Hibbs??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woody said:

He was on the 2nd year of his contract last season.

JF signed him and gave him a two year contract. JF now at Walsall so no surprise he wants him back. 

For me the moment he came on as substitute after missing a few games with a hamstring pull, he trotted on, ran 10 yards and came off again. That told me he was off somewhere else and wouldn’t play for us again. Am I too cynical? It’s football.

We will sign a young lad from Nat North and that teams supporters will also wring their hands, he won’t give them a moments thought. Career, contract and money will be the driver.

Get Real.

• Like 2