England Croatia

Nick

36 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Well to cheer us up, the Jocks lost!! Ha Ha.

Second goal was a belter , it takes some doing to get it on target from that far out , blaming the lad for shooting and it getting blocked creating the chance but Marshall was nearer the halfway line than his goal line .

• Haha 1

I've enjoyed the matches so far, I did think that Scotland would perform a bit better, and I'm surprised how average Poland are, but I suppose just because you have one great player dosent make a good team. Looking forward to Spain tonight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jmc said:

Was a decent enough display and result , however all the other fancied teams have hit the ground running and look strong 

I think Croatia being ranked 14th in the world is a tough opening game compared to other fancied sides Belgium and Italy who had Russia and Turkey .

As for tough opening games , France v Germany beats anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I've enjoyed the matches so far, I did think that Scotland would perform a bit better, and I'm surprised how average Poland are, but I suppose just because you have one great player dosent make a good team. Looking forward to Spain tonight.

Been a good start to the tournament , not been a 0-0 yet which you usually get when nobody wants to lose their opening games .

Be interesting to see how many times , no Real Madrid players in squad is mentioned, my guess 1753 times 

Edited by Monk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Spain not like they used to be, very physical.

20 hours ago, Monk said:

I think Croatia being ranked 14th in the world is a tough opening game compared to other fancied sides Belgium and Italy who had Russia and Turkey .

As for tough opening games , France v Germany beats anything.

Agree with you there, Croatia our toughest group game on paper. Scotland will be feisty though. France v Germany tonight should be exciting, I think it will be a draw. Both have been unpredictable recently.

Not sure what to make of Scotland or Czechia yesterday. Scotland really gave it their all, and the way they were just charging forward like a bull I'm surprised they were still making attacks through most of the game. Vaclik, the Czech keeper, was outstanding and that Patrick Schick is a star in the making. Huff and puff as they might, Scotland won't really get anywhere with their striker options. 

Both of them will play very differently against England. Despite the durge that comes with this third-place qualifying spot, our group will stay interesting up to the last.