County V Poolies

Macam blue

Half time Stockport County V Hartlepool United 0-0 says a lot about the lack of quality from both sides.

Considering that a large proportion of the players on show have football league experience, shows how open this league is.

2 clubs with bigger wallets & fan base than us, yet are no better equipped to progress up the pyramid, if the right balance is used.

County, just happy to let the opposition have the ball in their own half, no press, no urgency, very little desire to attack at pace.

I hope our recruitment allows us a more free flowing football than is on offer at Edgley Park 

32 minutes ago, Ladyluck said:

Anyone else think that should have been a red for a kick in the neck? Whether or not this is done at FT will be switching to watch England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Croatia 🇭🇷 at 2pm.

Not for me, no. A booking yes, but eyes clearly on the ball, didnt know there was a player there, so no intent.

Right result for us, now hope that Torquay do the business, next week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Not for me, no. A booking yes, but eyes clearly on the ball, didnt know there was a player there, so no intent.

Fair dos.

agree, hope Torquay win.

10 hours ago, Macam blue said:

If a player is raising his foot to neck level then I would class that as dangerous play, whether they knew the other player was there or not, or as described "focussing on the ball". Any kung fu style of play is asking for a red card.

11 hours ago, Macam blue said:

Half time Stockport County V Hartlepool United 0-0 says a lot about the lack of quality from both sides.

Considering that a large proportion of the players on show have football league experience, shows how open this league is.

2 clubs with bigger wallets & fan base than us, yet are no better equipped to progress up the pyramid, if the right balance is used.

County, just happy to let the opposition have the ball in their own half, no press, no urgency, very little desire to attack at pace.

I hope our recruitment allows us a more free flowing football than is on offer at Edgley Park 

I recorded this game and watched it last night. I fell asleep twice which showed how much attention it needed unlike the Torquay v Notts County game.

Sad thing was having watched these eliminator and semi-final games I can only think "it should have been me"...

I have yet to see a game where a team in the playoffs is any better than Town, when on song. The deep regret around our inconsistency over the last season still makes me shudder.

As PW likes to set targets the first one for me is the first 9 games. If we can amass more then the paltry 7 points we did last season then we are on an upward curve.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

We aren’t far off, hence why we’ve beaten most of these teams this season. We just didn’t have the squad size to deal with the injuries which leads to inconsistency.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

I recorded this game and watched it last night. I fell asleep twice which showed how much attention it needed unlike the Torquay v Notts County game.

Sad thing was having watched these eliminator and semi-final games I can only think "it should have been me"...

I have yet to see a game where a team in the playoffs is any better than Town, when on song. The deep regret around our inconsistency over the last season still makes me shudder.

As PW likes to set targets the first one for me is the first 9 games. If we can amass more then the paltry 7 points we did last season then we are on an upward curve.

We only atained that amount because we had no strikers and played last seasons top 6!

5 hours ago, Ash said:

We only atained that amount because we had no strikers and played last seasons top 6!

Ash, in that case we should expect to do rather better across August and September then, if we have a fully fit set of forwards to start the season. I would rather we set off like a train instead of playing catch up for the rest of the season.

As we have seen with Sutton success breeds confidence.