Jump to content

Torquay v Notts


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Get Torquay promoted we need the money.

Agree with you entirely, Steve.

Things are likely to be tough for us next season moneywise.

We need to see Torquay promoted, they bring hardly any fans to the Shay.

That then leaves us with the following big boosts from away fans:

Stockport.....hopefully up to 500 visiting fans. Could be even more if they are top of the table.

Notts County and Wrexham upwards of 400 with any luck.

Grimsby, Chesterfield and Hartlepool maybe up to 400.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Agree with you entirely, Steve.

Things are likely to be tough for us next season moneywise.

We need to see Torquay promoted, they bring hardly any fans to the Shay.

That then leaves us with the following big boosts from away fans:

Stockport.....hopefully up to 500 visiting fans. Could be even more if they are top of the table.

Notts County and Wrexham upwards of 400 with any luck.

Grimsby, Chesterfield and Hartlepool maybe up to 400.

If conditions are back to normal by the season start or even part way through, those clubs quoted will bring double or treble those figures. Last time fans were in for afternoon games, Stockport brought 1,500 NYD, Notts 500 pre-Christmas, Wrexham 800 Easter, Hartlepool 900 and Grimsby 1,800, Chesterfield 400. More the merrier.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dcrossl1 said:

If conditions are back to normal by the season start or even part way through, those clubs quoted will bring double or treble those figures. Last time fans were in for afternoon games, Stockport brought 1,500 NYD, Notts 500 pre-Christmas, Wrexham 800 Easter, Hartlepool 900 and Grimsby 1,800, Chesterfield 400. More the merrier.

 

Correct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dcrossl1 said:

If conditions are back to normal by the season start or even part way through, those clubs quoted will bring double or treble those figures. Last time fans were in for afternoon games, Stockport brought 1,500 NYD, Notts 500 pre-Christmas, Wrexham 800 Easter, Hartlepool 900 and Grimsby 1,800, Chesterfield 400. More the merrier.

 

That worth around 100,000 pounds to us .. in gate money 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jmc said:

But some seem to think we’re better off without that cash and more overnight stays down south as it’ll give us a better chance of promotion 

Ahhhh, l get your logic now!!

I like your thinking......you're at very least  a season ticket holder or have streamed every single home and away match while alternatively wearing either a home or away shirt.....just to boost the clubs coffers??....yeah?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dcrossl1 said:

If conditions are back to normal by the season start or even part way through, those clubs quoted will bring double or treble those figures. Last time fans were in for afternoon games, Stockport brought 1,500 NYD, Notts 500 pre-Christmas, Wrexham 800 Easter, Hartlepool 900 and Grimsby 1,800, Chesterfield 400. More the merrier.

 

That's a pretty optimistic reading, dcrossl1, and I think is based on a very much best case scenario!

For a start, it's based on the bank holiday fixtures falling kindly for us. The 1,500 away fans you predict for us against Stockport on New Years Day could just as easily turn in to a big Stockport turn out at Altrincham or Wrexham if the computer gave out the bank holiday fixture list in that direction.

Similarly for your predicted 800 Wrexham fans for an Easter bank holiday fixture. This season, that was a night match, don't see 800 Welshman here for that!

Hartlepool fans will turn out in good numbers, but it will depend on how well they are doing.

I'm baffled as to where you get 1,800 from Grimsby? I think they would have to be running away with the League for that to happen, and that's most unlikely next season.

So, I admire your optimism, but I believe Bosomworth and the BOD will have to base their budget on more cautious projections.

But yeah, let's remain hopeful, I do agree "The more away fans, the merrier".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, oldskir said:

I'm baffled as to where you get 1,800 from Grimsby? I think they would have to be running away with the League for that to happen, and that's most unlikely next season.

I think they brought about 1,400 last time, when they started booing and abusing one of their own players - Toto Nsiala?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldskir said:

That's a pretty optimistic reading, dcrossl1, and I think is based on a very much best case scenario!

For a start, it's based on the bank holiday fixtures falling kindly for us. The 1,500 away fans you predict for us against Stockport on New Years Day could just as easily turn in to a big Stockport turn out at Altrincham or Wrexham if the computer gave out the bank holiday fixture list in that direction.

Similarly for your predicted 800 Wrexham fans for an Easter bank holiday fixture. This season, that was a night match, don't see 800 Welshman here for that!

Hartlepool fans will turn out in good numbers, but it will depend on how well they are doing.

I'm baffled as to where you get 1,800 from Grimsby? I think they would have to be running away with the League for that to happen, and that's most unlikely next season.

So, I admire your optimism, but I believe Bosomworth and the BOD will have to base their budget on more cautious projections.

But yeah, let's remain hopeful, I do agree "The more away fans, the merrier".

Those were the followings the last tine we played them, Grimsby brought over 1500 when we spanked them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...