Ben Whitfield

12 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Have we signed this guy or what?

Not as it stands. Attended a trial day put on by the club at Mossley but given how long it's been I'd hazard a guess that we aren't signing him

17 hours ago, AJS said:

Garratt isn’t particularly high rated. Did nothing at Stockport or Wrexham. Just a steady conference north player from what I’ve read elsewhere.

Love seeing pointless quotes like this. How many players do we ever sign who have a glowing review...all i read when we signed Summerfield was hes too old,  past his best,slow,steady etc.. but what a great player we got

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Love seeing pointless quotes like this. How many players do we ever sign who have a glowing review...all i read when we signed Summerfield was hes too old,  past his best,slow,steady etc.. but what a great player we got

At the end of the day it is the job of the management team to find quality players that they can then develop further, I would not expect us to sign highly rated players as these type of players are on everyone's radar but not everybody's budget

50 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

You obviously didn´t read all the quotes then Mark or are thinking of another signing.

43 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You obviously didn´t read all the quotes then Mark or are thinking of another signing.

About who? Im referring to Wrexham fans comments, the majority weren't bothered he left at all and believed his best years were past him

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

I don’t judge anyone till I see them myself but most of the time opposition fans tend to be right. The only 2 I can recall in recent times being proven wrong are Rodney and Summerfield 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I don’t judge anyone till I see them myself but most of the time opposition fans tend to be right. The only 2 I can recall in recent times being proven wrong are Rodney and Summerfield 

Tranmere fans were falling over themselves to say how good Danns was and they that thought he could still play in the league 

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Grimsby fans would have had you believe that Nathan Clarke was the worst defender to ever play for them but (for his first two seasons here at least) he massively proved them wrong for us

1 hour ago, ewalsh said:

Tranmere fans were falling over themselves to say how good Danns was and they that thought he could still play in the league 

Sounds like he’s done well at Connah’s Quay to be fair to him. 

20 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Grimsby fans would have had you believe that Nathan Clarke was the worst defender to ever play for them but (for his first two seasons here at least) he massively proved them wrong for us

Fair enough. There’s not many though is there. Like I said before, I won’t judge till I see them myself but Garrett has been binned off by two teams at this level and I asked some Chorley fans what they thought of him when we heard of his trial and they said something along the lines of a steady NLN player but couldn’t see him playing for a top end NL side 

Edited by AJS

4 hours ago, Lewis said:

I agree with Grimsby fans on that one 

• Confused 1