A very good interview from a player who has no regrets. What it does show us is that despite some of the criticism on here that PW and Milly have the players onside. AS Danny says if we can keep the best players and reinforce the side with players of at least the same standard then we should be pushing for promotion.

The best comment was that it is now OK to be proud to be Halifax again. 

• Like 1

Tom is doing a great job getting great interviews and podcasts too! 

Great interview and yet another insight that we are heading in the right direction! Peres recruitment has been great for 2 seasons now and all we need is that bit of luck and momentum. It will come!

2 hours ago, Ash said:

Tom is doing a great job getting great interviews and podcasts too! 

Great interview and yet another insight that we are heading in the right direction! Peres recruitment has been great for 2 seasons now and all we need is that bit of luck and momentum. It will come!

Without the distraction of being involved with play offs, it is to be hoped that PW's recruitment will not need any last minute short term loanees to fill the squad, as has happened the last two season starts.

Plus we will have some starlets unearthed by McLelland!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rdj said:

Without the distraction of being involved with play offs, it is to be hoped that PW's recruitment will not need any last minute short term loanees to fill the squad, as has happened the last two season starts.

Plus we will have some starlets unearthed by McLelland!

Sorry if this sounds cynical, but I will believe it when it happens.

Other clubs seem to be able to keep fans up to date with new signings etc. We seem to be drifting back in to that sort of glaring silence that we used to have a year or to ago.

If you want to sell season tickets, you need to keep people interested in the product. You do that by making regular announcements about what is going on!

34 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Other clubs seem to be able to keep fans up to date with new signings etc. We seem to be drifting back in to that sort of glaring silence that we used to have a year or to ago.

If you want to sell season tickets, you need to keep people interested in the product. You do that by making regular announcements about what is going on!

We have gone into mushroom growing mode.

33 minutes ago, oldskir said:

How can we announce signings if we probably haven’t made any. Our offers to current players probably won’t be amazing and they’re prob waiting till last minute to decide whether they will stay or not. 

However I do think the club should be making announcements regarding season tickets, etc ASAP

1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

How can we announce signings if we probably haven’t made any. Our offers to current players probably won’t be amazing and they’re prob waiting till last minute to decide whether they will stay or not. 

However I do think the club should be making announcements regarding season tickets, etc ASAP

Completely agree. Really surprised at the lack of season ticket news. Surely it would be a great way to get some funds in to help make said new signings. Communication has been much improved in recent times but bar some friendlies and a couple of staff additions it’s been really quiet since the season ended overall. 

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

Completely agree. Really surprised at the lack of season ticket news. Surely it would be a great way to get some funds in to help make said new signings. Communication has been much improved in recent times but bar some friendlies and a couple of staff additions it’s been really quiet since the season ended overall. 

We are waiting for more information regarding the return of fans regarding season ticket pricing and sales . Surely this is the sensible way forward

I can never get excited about any of this to be fair. If we do well support increase. If we dont it stays at similar levels. I dont think we can preempt that. We will sign some decent players, the vibe seems good, thats the important thing

48 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

It's now 2 weeks since the end of the season.

Given that Wild says he wants to keep 95% of the squad, it would be a worry to me if we don't have a single player who has re-signed yet.

Other clubs are announcing players signing new deals, and also new signings.

8 hours ago, oldskir said:

I am sure news will be released when there is news to be released.

Have patience, there is a while to go before players resume training.