A fair and balanced appraisal of our season this year....inconsistency, injuries, failure to take chances, giving easy goals away, changing a winning team and tactics to accommodate players and worrying too much about the opposition really cost us in the end...............Keep the faith !

Edited by woody
  • Like 2

A very fair appraisal ..think it sums up the season completely 

with a little more consistency we would easily have made the play offs .. 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I don’t think being inconsistent cost us. 

I still strongly believe that since the Eastleigh game away wild has cost us the play offs. Too negative, too scared of opponents and bad game management. 

Loads of lessons to be learned again from this season 

Really, if only you'd said this before ;)

• Like 1

I still strongly believe that since the Eastleigh game away wild has cost us the play offs. Too negative, too scared of opponents and bad game management. 

Last 4 games cost us ultimately.

Your just pinpointing Clarke's return to prove a point when quoting Eastleigh but our form was fine between then until BW home game.

Just not good enough when it counted the most.

Edited by greygoose

Think we were inconsistent.. but why we were inconsistent is where the debate lies 

I believe at times that Was due to injuries .. but at others particularly in the last 6 or so games down to poor team selection and tactics by wild .. 

38 minutes ago, Nick said:

Think we were inconsistent.. but why we were inconsistent is where the debate lies 

I believe at times that Was due to injuries .. but at others particularly in the last 6 or so games down to poor team selection and tactics by wild .. 

Based on PW's after match verdicts, he does not think he got it wrong!

He blames the team for poor defensive mistakes, missing chance and being unlucky.

2 hours ago, East Stand Ultra said:

So we don’t think losing at home to Maidenhead and away to Barnet in between some good results is inconsistent and had no bearing on finishing higher in the league.

Every team has bad performances/results over the season, eg Weymouth did the double over Stockport, who also won fewer home games than us. I thought we had a decent season, injuries to key players and misfortune with nearly all our loan players probably cost us in the end. And no I'm not happy we missed out on the playoffs as it cost me a sizable amount of money.

2 hours ago, greygoose said:

Last 4 games cost us ultimately.

Your just pinpointing Clarke's return to prove a point when quoting Eastleigh but our form was fine between then until BW home game.

Just not good enough when it counted the most.

Oh I totally forgot Clarke had returned for the Eastleigh game? 

I was told that when Clarke returns we would be more solid, more organised and harder to beat so surely that can’t be right. 

What a coincidence 🤦🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Ultimately the inconsistency is down to player performance whether that be tiredness, mindset, injuries.

agree the last few games weren’t great but the season wasn’t totally defined by that 

20 minutes ago, dcrossl1 said:

Every team has bad performances/results over the season, eg Weymouth did the double over Stockport, who also won fewer home games than us. I thought we had a decent season, injuries to key players and misfortune with nearly all our loan players probably cost us in the end. And no I'm not happy we missed out on the playoffs as it cost me a sizable amount of money.

Either side of those results we won away at Bromley and Torquay, great performances.

Another good read, well done Tom.

Everything looks to be heading in the right direction off the pitch at the Shay, I hope that Pete will not become blinded by his own views on match day performances & that our performances improve, as I think he is right in most of his other efforts to move the club forward.

It was good to hear Italy Manager Roberto Mancini "we are here to entertain" they certainly did & proved correct in attack is the best form of defence. Never once did they sit back after scoring & just kept the foot firmly on the accelerator all game.

59 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Another good read, well done Tom.

Everything looks to be heading in the right direction off the pitch at the Shay, I hope that Pete will not become blinded by his own views on match day performances & that our performances improve, as I think he is right in most of his other efforts to move the club forward.

It was good to hear Italy Manager Roberto Mancini "we are here to entertain" they certainly did & proved correct in attack is the best form of defence. Never once did they sit back after scoring & just kept the foot firmly on the accelerator all game.

One of the best performances I’ve seen for a while last night. Passing, pressing and attack was brilliant to watch 

• Like 1