• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highly rated by who? And don’t say Grimsby 😄

Having a name like Highly Rated is half the battle

Can't be that highly rated if Shrewsbury let him leave 

1 minute ago, Gavlar said:

Ripped us apart playing for Matlock a few years ago in the trophy? Or am I thinking of someone else 

Was on loan for them and looked a rea prospect but has nor really developed since then.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Ripped us apart playing for Matlock a few years ago in the trophy? Or am I thinking of someone else 

There’s a few players who did. 

Sure a ginger lad scored a hat trick for Vauxhall motors at they shay against us. What happened to him?

Edited by TJAshton
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

There’s a few players who did. 

Sure a ginger lad scored a hat trick for Vauxhall motors at they shay against us. What happened to him?

Leighton McGivern that’s his name. 

3 hours ago, Greggs said:

I know it's always the same with us. 

But it's always slightly frustrating watching everyone else in the league signing players whilst we sit on the sideline. Are our targets always so much harder to get over the line than anyone elses? 

Anyway it gets mentioned every summer but we do things the way we do them and that's that. 

at the end of the day there are 20+ other clubs in our league so it always seems that someone is signing someone, our time will come when everyone has blown their massive budgets on highly rated players while we then sneak one and buy some bargain budget nuggets

At Bradford Park Avenue:

Avenue Announce Rob Guilfoyle Signing!

Also, defender Matty Down has re-signed for another season.

But of course, we can't be expected to make these kinds of announcements...We do after all have the lowest budget in the history of association football!

2 minutes ago, oldskir said:

At Bradford Park Avenue:

But of course, we can't be expected to make these kinds of announcements...We do after all have the lowest budget in the history of association football!

PW made it clear that we were sitting down with potential signings over the next couple of weeks. He did also he was hopeful of the retained list being announced at some point this week though so surely that's due tommorow or at least early next week? Does feel like we need some good news to keep momentum going

5 minutes ago, oldskir said:

At Bradford Park Avenue:

What sort of Halifax fan expects us to be more professional than Bradford Park Avenue though? 

After all their budget is bigger than ours.  

Our way is more fun. Who doesn't like to turn up at the first pre season game and play guess the player :lol:

I don’t hate the whole hate with chesterfield. They found a loop hole and took full advantage of it. If PW and DB has done the same for us. We’d be singing their praises. 

and whilst on the chesterfield talk. The manager isn’t exactly buying “big” he’s buying players (minus Danny Rowe) from conf north. Players he’s come up against. Asante, Grimes, the Left Back. I’m sure a few more. It’s something we should be tapping into. Plenty of good players in the lower leagues, plenty better than Stephenson 👀

11 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

I don’t hate the whole hate with chesterfield. They found a loop hole and took full advantage of it. If PW and DB has done the same for us. We’d be singing their praises. 

and whilst on the chesterfield talk. The manager isn’t exactly buying “big” he’s buying players (minus Danny Rowe) from conf north. Players he’s come up against. Asante, Grimes, the Left Back. I’m sure a few more. It’s something we should be tapping into. Plenty of good players in the lower leagues, plenty better than Stephenson 👀

Yes, you've got a point.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, TJAshton said:

Leighton McGivern that’s his name. 

Spoke to one of their fans at  away game, he said that McGivern was a talented idiot,  similar to Jamie Rainford. He'd walk out of the club when he could not get his own way and play Sunday League then come back again, remember how he tried to wind up our fans after each goal? 

• Like 1