• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highly rated by who? And don’t say Grimsby 😄

Having a name like Highly Rated is half the battle

Can't be that highly rated if Shrewsbury let him leave 

3 hours ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Barnet have just appointed Harry Kewell as their new manager. Jack Payne has left Eastleigh for Crawley.

Grimsby just signed a highly rated player from Shrewsbury 

14 minutes ago, chadders said:

Can't be that highly rated if Shrewsbury let him leave 

You be careful old flower getting down off your fence, a simple I disagree would have done :P :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know it's always the same with us. 

But it's always slightly frustrating watching everyone else in the league signing players whilst we sit on the sideline. Are our targets always so much harder to get over the line than anyone elses? 

Anyway it gets mentioned every summer but we do things the way we do them and that's that. 

8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I know it's always the same with us. 

But it's always slightly frustrating watching everyone else in the league signing players whilst we sit on the sideline. Are our targets always so much harder to get over the line than anyone elses? 

Anyway it gets mentioned every summer but we do things the way we do them and that's that. 

Bit early to be saying that yet pal 

7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

True. 

However I also wouldn't have said it if many other clubs were not making signings. 

I know mate so far for me Southend have made some decent signings 

Can't say I'm fussed on Dinanga. Had spells at both Hartlepool and Chesterfield and not done anything. Murphy is a good signing for Southend if they keep him fit.

As for us making signings, I don't mind being patient if it means signing the right players. Signing players quickly doesn't necessarily mean they are good. Might be a case it was their only offer or just too good an offer to refuse.

Obviously hope we are in discussions with potential new signings but the most important thing currently is trying to retain the likes of Earing and King etc