Retained List

oldskir

17 minutes ago, townmad said:

It would probably have been the easiest negotiation, he said some weeks ago that he wanted to stay with us.

Most of them do to the press.

16 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

All that really means Chris is:-

Byrne-Maher-Allen-Spence-Stenson & Hyde  are contracted players so signed for next season & Big Sam has re signed nothing more nothing less. The way it is worded makes it sounds as though all last seasons players have signed, which they obviously have not.

Ah right, cheers Steve, I was a little confused.

Just now, Ash said:

Most of them do to the press.

True, I always take it with a pinch of salt when a player says how much they love the club they're at in a press article. They're not exactly going to come out and say they hate it. But I do feel Johnson does feel a genuine affinity for the club, or he wouldn't have stuck around for 6 years, or however long it's been now. I'm sure he would have had potential offers from elsewhere in that time, as he's a very good keeper at this level and could probably manage well in L2.

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

No need to loan Tear and Spence out. Both have shown they’re good enough 

Can't possibly say with those 2, need more game time but not conviced they'll get it.

Tear did ok in his limited appearances I'd say. Spence looked good against Woking? But out of his depth at Chesterfield, both are young and worth petsisting with.

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

All that really means Chris is:-

Byrne-Maher-Allen-Spence-Stenson & Hyde  are contracted players so signed for next season & Big Sam has re signed nothing more nothing less. The way it is worded makes it sounds as though all last seasons players have signed, which they obviously have not.

The wording is fine.

17 minutes ago, Greggs said:

If these players had been given 7 to 10 days to agree new terms over a week ago now. I'm believing more and more a big rebuilding job is coming again. 

Hopefully it's just a case of the club wanting to spread out the news to keep the interest alive but i must admit i'm starting to worry we might be in for another unwanted rebuild

On 6/14/2021 at 5:08 PM, greygoose said:

Are we not standing still a bit if were keeping all the players from last season ? Or do we just offer crap contracts knowing they'll turn it down.

Part of me thinks we did this with Tobi and Cooper last season, is Wild scared of upsetting people?

i wondered that as well doesn't create the space or budget to bring in any/many big signings unless Mr B's moths have left the wallet

18 hours ago, Roy Race said:

As the Bee Gees sang "It's only words" Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things, all will be revealed in the fullness of time. Stress is a killer.

So true Roy because have Barry Gibb for saving my life, ah ah ah ah staying alive staying alive.

20 hours ago, chadders said:

The wording is fine.

20 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

The wording is CRAP.

"our retained list includes all players who were contracted last season with the exception of Dany Williams and Rueben L-N"

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

20 hours ago, TJAshton said:

It’s not 

see above

20 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

For once 'I agree'

Thank you Mr G, obviously spoken like a good grammar school ;lad llike my good self

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chadders said:

"our retained list includes all players who were contracted last season with the exception of Dany Williams and Rueben L-N"

see above

Thank you Mr G, obviously spoken like a good grammar school ;lad llike my good self

The eloquently Eastfield School of Correction

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chadders said:

see above

Pitty they didn´t teach you how to spell, communicate and put a retain list out at your ¨grammar school¨ Mr.C.☺️

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, joebloggs said:

Love this comment .. think all but a few on here would agree with you ..

“Personally, I am disappointed we finished 10th and I think we could have done a bit better.

• Like 1