Retained List

oldskir

2 minutes ago, bazza45 said:

One by one tweeting might be OK for those who spend most of their waking hours on twitter but for us normal people its not ideal

Johnson clearly agreed the deal before the retained list was announced. I’m sure there’s a few more players who have agreed deals but the club will feel it’s “better” to announce individually 

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/club-news/retained-list-announced

That's how you do a retained list. Though given the number of names I'm guessing the groundsmen and turnstile operators are included.

As it is a mandatory league requirement to have submitted a retained list by a certain date then why not have the NL just put them up for anyone to see, as it should be in the public domain by then.

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

That's how you do a retained list. Though given the number of names I'm guessing the groundsmen and turnstile operators are included.

So yes, that list confirms they have had an incredible 33 players on their books. No wonder they asked for a £1m loan.

Amazing to see they are keeping Nathan Tyson, even though he is 39. Maybe Wild will offer our Nathan a 2 year deal to take him to 39?!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Jack Earing named in team of the season. (Matt Gray) I swear if we keep him I will buy the 1st ten folk who approach me at the 1st home game a pint. And I’m a right tight bastardo. 

You wont be buying them beers

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

Is i suspect all those in the first grouping were already under contract .. they said one more guy had been offered and accepted a contract .. 

all the others all of who contracts expire are being released 

we have not offered two contract renewals they have left 

the rest are on contracts or have been offered contracts.. of those Johnson has accepted they rest we are waiting on.. 

2 hours ago, Ash said:

No we had a great squad that got decimated with injuries, add some quality to that and we will be fine.

A 'great squad' that couldn't cope with injuries. Surely if it was a great squad it would have coped? Hyde, Summerfield, King and Earing were big misses and i wouldn't expect that quality sat around on the bench but we had nothing to replace them with.

Wild didnt trust the likes of Spence, Tear and Benn much which is obviously his call. 

If the likes of Earing and King leave and we keep the rest then we surely start next season weaker?

I just think he's been a bit to loyal, either that or the budget will be so low next season he doesn't think he can improve the squad.

5 minutes ago, greygoose said:

A 'great squad' that couldn't cope with injuries. Surely if it was a great squad it would have coped? Hyde, Summerfield, King and Earing were big misses and i wouldn't expect that quality sat around on the bench but we had nothing to replace them with.

Wild didnt trust the likes of Spence, Tear and Benn much which is obviously his call. 

If the likes of Earing and King leave and we keep the rest then we surely start next season weaker?

I just think he's been a bit to loyal, either that or the budget will be so low next season he doesn't think he can improve the squad.

Not necessarily start the season weaker, i thought we would have started this season weaker and how wrong was i, thinking that losing Brown Staunton Cooper etc would make us weaker when i wouldn't have them anywhere near the starting team we had this season. Players will leave and we have to believe wild will replace them with quality.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ash said:

No we had a great squad that got decimated with injuries, add some quality to that and we will be fine.

A “great” squad wouldn’t have finished 10th. A great squad would be able to handle injuries. 

A great squad would be a team like Torquay who had injuries to key players and still got in the play offs and funnily enough are in the final. 

We had a decent enough squad is what I would say. 

• Like 1

We are two or three starters away from a strong competitive team .. if our recruitment is focussed on starters then we can be a lot stronger .. if it’s focussed on bench warmers than obviously not 

but let’s see how many don’t accept the contracts .. main worry is earing .. 

Edited by Nick

Ok, with the players we already have under contract, and those we assume have been offered new contracts, that gives us 18 players, plus Crane.

So if Wild wants a squad of 20, that leaves just 2 vacancies for new players to come in.

But I think we know it won't work out like that. It would be a miracle if Earing signs, King staying must be quite doubtful. Then there are likely to be players who don't like what they have been offered and decide to leave. So there will be gaps to fill.

What I would say, I do hope Wild pays more attention to the forward line this season, and increases the numbers and the quality. Stenson probably won't be fit until October at the earliest, I'd be really worried if we are putting too much reliance on him coming good. And as we know, Allen can't really do the business as a consistent reliable goal scorer. And of course there was that rumour that Hyde might leave. So I'd really like to see Wild pull out all the stops to ensure we have a better quality forward line next season. With more permanent signings and less loanees.

1 hour ago, oldskir said:

Ok, with the players we already have under contract, and those we assume have been offered new contracts, that gives us 18 players, plus Crane.

So if Wild wants a squad of 20, that leaves just 2 vacancies for new players to come in.

But I think we know it won't work out like that. It would be a miracle if Earing signs, King staying must be quite doubtful. Then there are likely to be players who don't like what they have been offered and decide to leave. So there will be gaps to fill.

What I would say, I do hope Wild pays more attention to the forward line this season, and increases the numbers and the quality. Stenson probably won't be fit until October at the earliest, I'd be really worried if we are putting too much reliance on him coming good. And as we know, Allen can't really do the business as a consistent reliable goal scorer. And of course there was that rumour that Hyde might leave. So I'd really like to see Wild pull out all the stops to ensure we have a better quality forward line next season. With more permanent signings and less loanees.

Think it’s inevitable one or two will decide to leave. Earing and King definitely the two of main concern. Plus the likes of Benn, Tear and Spence may get loaned out so there will definitely be some openings. Stenson out till November also. Think we will see around 5-6 new faces at a guess.

44 minutes ago, AJS said:

Think it’s inevitable one or two will decide to leave. Earing and King definitely the two of main concern. Plus the likes of Benn, Tear and Spence may get loaned out so there will definitely be some openings. Stenson out till November also. Think we will see around 5-6 new faces at a guess.

No need to loan Tear and Spence out. Both have shown they’re good enough 

24 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

No need to loan Tear and Spence out. Both have shown they’re good enough 

Spence is definitely good enough from what I've seen of him and capable of being a good player in this league.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Johnson clearly agreed the deal before the retained list was announced. I’m sure there’s a few more players who have agreed deals but the club will feel it’s “better” to announce individually 

Did he?

7 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Am I missing something here? The press release states all contracted players to be retained and Williams and lazarus released.

Help me out please.

All that really means Chris is:-

Byrne-Maher-Allen-Spence-Stenson & Hyde  are contracted players so signed for next season & Big Sam has re signed nothing more nothing less. The way it is worded makes it sounds as though all last seasons players have signed, which they obviously have not.