Retained List

oldskir

21 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

More problem believing it than understanding it . It read very clear to me . All players contracted last season either are already contracted for next season or will be offered contracts for next season

Screenshot_2021-06-14-16-23-17-1.png

Robert. You think this is clear. It is probably as ambiguous a statement there has ever been. What does it actually say?

It`s absolute bollox! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chadders said:

All players who had a contract last season bar Danny and Reuben have been offered deals is how I read it

But it would have been good to know who has accepted or not. Unless no one has accepted yet which would be a worry 😶

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Johnson staying for another 2 years. Why not just put that on the retained list 🤦🏽‍♂️

Each player signing back up will get their own tweet confirming it. 
should be a flurry of announcements over the next 2/3 days

Are we not standing still a bit if were keeping all the players from last season ? Or do we just offer crap contracts knowing they'll turn it down.

Part of me thinks we did this with Tobi and Cooper last season, is Wild scared of upsetting people?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Suppose it makes it more interesting for the fans if it’s an announcement each time. 

Just want to see Summerfield, Earing and King next 

You like ya little clues pal. Summerfield posted a pic of his kids in full Halifax town kits. Surely he’s staying 👀 

king just liked the tweet about big sam staying. Surely that means he’s staying? 🤪 

oh and Montel Gibson Is following us on Twitter. Maybe he is signing 👀

1 minute ago, Gavlar said:

You like ya little clues pal. Summerfield posted a pic of his kids in full Halifax town kits. Surely he’s staying 👀 

king just liked the tweet about big sam staying. Surely that means he’s staying? 🤪 

I can’t see Earing staying that’s the only one I think I will go and that’ll be the biggest one we will miss if he does. 

42 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Really YES. Clarke and Woods are far too SLOW.

Have to agree. Clarke has been very good but we were better at the back while he was out injured. Woods was steady but nothing more.

The only thing is that they are both vocal but you have to trust the other guys to develop that.

3 hours ago, arryarry said:

Robert. You think this is clear. It is probably as ambiguous a statement there has ever been. What does it actually say?

It`s absolute bollox! 

It says those that aren’t under contract have been offered new deals apart from Williams and Lazarus

Johnson has signed his, the others haven’t yet.

Simple really 

2 hours ago, greygoose said:

Are we not standing still a bit if were keeping all the players from last season ? Or do we just offer crap contracts knowing they'll turn it down.

Part of me thinks we did this with Tobi and Cooper last season, is Wild scared of upsetting people?

No we had a great squad that got decimated with injuries, add some quality to that and we will be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

But it would have been good to know who has accepted or not. Unless no one has accepted yet which would be a worry 😶

Johnson so far. Not difficult to understand is it