Retained List

oldskir

Sadly, that is really poor from the club. Whether the order to put out this "list" in the state that it's in has come from Wild, Mr B or anyone else, it makes a mockery out of the supporters. How can the club come out and make a big deal about us all needing to push in the same direction if we're then going to be secretive when it comes to keeping the fans updated on stuff like this?

All it does is contribute to a them and us feeling between the club and the supporters, and that goes against everything that Wild and anyone else has worked towards in trying to build a feeling of togetherness. Massive own goal from the club this 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Sadly, that is really poor from the club. Whether the order to put out this "list" in the state that it's in has come from Wild, Mr B or anyone else, it makes a mockery out of the supporters. How can the club come out and make a big deal about us all needing to push in the same direction if we're then going to be secretive when it comes to keeping the fans updated on stuff like this?

All it does is contribute to a them and us feeling between the club and the supporters, and that goes against everything that Wild and anyone else has worked towards in trying to build a feeling of togetherness. Massive own goal from the club this 

What about season tickets? Or are we not bothering. 

1 minute ago, nw3casc1 said:

What about season tickets? Or are we not bothering. 

Only the regulars will buy one regardless.. considering it will probably go up in price. The rest will wait for a team to be brought in 

Sorry, but I don't really understand the semi melt down about this.

I can't see any confusion.

The club have made it crystal clear that the only two players they wish to release are Williams and Lazarus.

All the rest who are not already under contract will have been offered new terms. So this tells us quite a lot. For example, that Wild wishes to keep Nathan Clarke. And also wants to keep Dom Tear, even though many of us feel that he doesn't fit in to Wild's formation/system, and he will also persevere with Benn.

Individual players will now be looking at their offers, and we will then discover which ones are willing to sign up again. With the season only just finished, some players will probably be on holiday right now. It is right to give them a short period to consider their new offer. But yes, I do hope they have been given a maximum of, say, 10 days to decide. Because the club needs to know quickly. And it is then when the really interesting part will begin, when Wild starts to speak to and tries to sign up the necessary replacements.

• Like 2

That’s not a retained and released list at all. 

Very confusing and doesn’t actually say what’s happening. 

A typical and normal retained list would include those who are 

Already contracted next season - 

Have accepted offers for next season- 

Have been offered contracts and are deciding their future - 

Released players - 

The following players who were on loan have returned to parent clubs - 

Us being the only ones who don’t do it that way 👏🏽

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Released players - 

We don’t do things the simple way. It’s not in our nature. Even if they’d just worded it differently it would have been much better. It’s not clear as to whether they are actually staying or if they’ve just been offered terms to stay.

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Released players - 

Correct! 

Quite plain to me. 

We know who were under contract.

We know who have been released.

All loan players were not under contract to us so will have returned to their clubs.

Just a case of waiting until we get players to agree new contracts.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, townmad said:

Quite plain to me. 

We know who were under contract.

We know who have been released.

All loan players were not under contract to us so will have returned to their clubs.

Just a case of waiting until we get players to agree new contracts.

Just you then 🤣

6 minutes ago, townmad said:

Maybe I'm one of the few who does not want to panic, and are prepared to wait until they have some confirmed news to give us.

As am I. We always have to wait so makes no difference to me. 

Some others panic too early 

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Looks like a shear lack of ambition to me for next season wanting to keep Clarke & Woods.

Woods I’m not too fussed about. Frustrating to watch but does the basics and what not. Not a bad player to have on the bench 

I would be surprised if any players out of contract who have been offered new terms would have already accepted them.

They will all be looking for the best offer and negotiating accordingly.

Given that 'we have one of the lowest budgets in the league' I expect a few players to head elsewhere for more money.

How can our budget be higher than last season? Unless DB is digging deep surely if anything it will be lower.

Higher management and backroom staff costs as well.

To me the figures just don't add up for many to have been offered improved terms other than Earing.

Let's hope we can unearth some hidden gems that other clubs won't risk taking a punt on.

24 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Johnson gone?

If anyone not already contracted as, I may be wrong his contract expired this season. Hope I'm reading it wrong and it means that players with expiring contracts have been offered terms however I'm sure they could have communicated this. To me it reads anyone contracted is staying everyone else has turned down terms. 

The club need to clear up the confusion