Retained List

oldskir

“We’re speaking to agents, we want to see what agents have got, we’re trying to get our players to accept our offers, so it’s a balancing act,” he said.

“We’re spending all this week seeing what’s out there, we know what we want but we also want to know if there’s anything coming out that we don’t know about but that we should know about."

I thought the club would have already identified its number one targets !

Perhaps our number 1 targets are not interested in joining us !

5 minutes ago, rdj said:

“We’re speaking to agents, we want to see what agents have got, we’re trying to get our players to accept our offers, so it’s a balancing act,” he said.

“We’re spending all this week seeing what’s out there, we know what we want but we also want to know if there’s anything coming out that we don’t know about but that we should know about."

With the money we offer, I expect, it will be our number 3&4 targets that we end up signing.

• Like 1

At least PW has made the decision to give the likes of Earing 7-10 days to decide. Too many times in the past we’ve waited around and they end up going elsewhere and leaving us in the lurch.  

After yesterday’s interview though, I’m surprised he’s given away the identity of one of the players yet to sign. Kind of contradicted himself there.

1 hour ago, rdj said:

Perhaps some players under contract which we woukd not have prioritized by us are now being transfer listed .. 

would be stupid not to look at these too 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

After yesterday’s interview though, I’m surprised he’s given away the identity of one of the players yet to sign. Kind of contradicted himself there.

Was thinking that myself. Can't be bigging up how releasing an early retained list has clubs swarming your yet to sign players like sharks only to then give away that one of our top players is yet to sign 

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

Perhaps some players under contract which we woukd not have prioritized by us are now being transfer listed .. 

would be stupid not to look at these too 

Exactly. Lots of flux in the market and they’ve got to keep their ear to the ground for what’s what. Que cera cera. 

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

Was thinking that myself. Can't be bigging up how releasing an early retained list has clubs swarming your yet to sign players like sharks only to then give away that one of our top players is yet to sign 

Don't need Sherlock to work out Earing would be a target for other clubs, so not giving much away. Do wonder at times if the Courier reports are word for word from PW's mouth or their version.

2 hours ago, andrich said:

The way I read that article, I thought that he has released Williams and Noble-Lazarus but he’s retained/made offers for all the rest.

Just how I read it too. Thought there may have been one or two others to be released to be honest but possibly not.

Earing and King will no doubt be the hold ups. Based on PW comments last Wednesday he said they’ve been given 7-10 days to decide so you’d think based on that logic it has to be some point this week.

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Is it just me that’s confused by the retained list? Does that mean everyone is staying bar Williams and Noble-Lazarus?

That’s what I’m trying to work out. Either everyone is staying, or when the list is out that it will tell us about it everyone bar those two. 

Poor from the club that.. 

everyone contracted last season is on the retained list. The club will give more details soon. Bullshit!! 

we have waited 3weeks for this retained list and nobody is none the wiser. 

3 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Poor from the club that.. 

everyone contracted last season is on the retained list. The club will give more details soon. Bullshit!! 

we have waited 3weeks for this retained list and nobody is none the wiser. 

This, not like me to bad mouth the club, but that statement was pointless. All it does is confuse people. I suspect they’re desperate to give us some news,  but unfortunately no one has signed yet officially, and we all know mr b won’t announce till its official. Gather we will have a few verbal agreements but nothing else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

This, not like me to bad mouth the club, but that statement was pointless. All it does is confuse people. I suspect they’re desperate to give us some news,  but unfortunately no one has signed yet officially, and we all know mr b won’t announce till its official. Gather we will have a few verbal agreements but nothing else.

The Twitter account has stated that is what they were told to put out. But it makes absolutely no sense. 

Either tell us we are still waiting for a retained list or tell us the players contracted for next season. It isn’t exactly rocket science. 

• Like 1