• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too loud man 

You working as an Agent for the Ackie boys ? What %er are you on ? 

Used to quite like our visits to Neverland, tickets & limits in August, hope not

Posted Images

6 hours ago, pen21 said:

Would anyone be able to work a train plan from Halifax to kirkham And wesham, possibly with a change or possible not 

thank you 

Blackpool North train used to stop at Kirkham I believe? Not sure if it's even running anymore.

13 hours ago, shaykehands said:

Just give me and @scampyharrisa few racing tips instead!

Not horses, but what about Hungary @40/1 to win The Group of Death. They face Portugal and France in Budapest with 67,000 fans. Other game is in Munich.

Win the first and hope France v Germany is a draw, then cash out comes into play. Portugal/ France/ Germany could all beat each other or play out three draws, so they may do it with two further draws.

Small stake. 

A more realistic chance is 4/1 to get to last 16, by finishing third.

OR Nightmare scenario, get dicked in all three games

1 hour ago, dcrossl1 said:

Not horses, but what about Hungary @40/1 to win The Group of Death. They face Portugal and France in Budapest with 67,000 fans. Other game is in Munich.

Win the first and hope France v Germany is a draw, then cash out comes into play. Portugal/ France/ Germany could all beat each other or play out three draws, so they may do it with two further draws.

Small stake. 

A more realistic chance is 4/1 to get to last 16, by finishing third.

OR Nightmare scenario, get dicked in all three games

Wow. Cheers, Im on it.  3 years ago today me and the other Chippendales were in Budapest.  The Stars are aligned.  

• Haha 1

Budapest is a great place for a long weekend. Went there a couple of years back in a supervisory role for a stag do. Must say I enjoyed the concept of "ruin bars"

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AGB said:

Is this the best the club can do for a home friendly! Has about as much appeal as going to see a rugby league game.

I suspect so. The pitch at the shay currently has no grass, and has only a window of 4 weeks instead of the usual 6-8 to get pitch ready for new season.

Add to the fact that all the leagues have different starting points means that the calendar to get decent games at home is all Over the place. most leagues apart from the national league itself will have started their season in the one to two weeks before we start ours, meaning when we start our pre season training. I suspect the only meaningful date for we could have for a home game would be maybe around the start of August, and that’s if the pitch is ready. I don’t suspect any decent home games this ore season.

I won't be paying to stream friendlies. Clitheroe and Guiseley last season were embarrassing as football games. Against Guiseley he brought players off and then put them back on, something like 14 substitutions just for Town.

I used to love pre-season games, somewhere new to travel to, playing against better quality opposition at the Shay, even the tin-pot West Riding Cups, etc. Despite everything at least they were proper games of football. Now they're just glorified training sessions and we're charged for the privilege of watching them.

8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I won't be paying to stream friendlies. Clitheroe and Guiseley last season were embarrassing as football games. Against Guiseley he brought players off and then put them back on, something like 14 substitutions just for Town.

I used to love pre-season games, somewhere new to travel to, playing against better quality opposition at the Shay, even the tin-pot West Riding Cups, etc. Despite everything at least they were proper games of football. Now they're just glorified training sessions and we're charged for the privilege of watching them.

I'm hoping that there will not be lots of triallists for the friendlies and that PW has recruited his selected players who will go the extra mile in time for their inclusion in any friendlies.