Shaymen.net Meltdown

Shergar4

He’s not as bad as some people make out but not the saviour that others make him out to be. I wouldn’t be against him staying but I wouldn’t start him every week. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

He’s not as bad as some people make out but not the saviour that others make him out to be. I wouldn’t be against him staying but I wouldn’t start him every week. 

Agree! 

11 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I for one would like to see him move on, PW employs the wrong tactics to accommodate him. May as well join all the others at York.

Based on where his salary fits in with the overall playing budget he could be an asset to the team and club. Horses for courses in my opinion, there are games where his attributes are better served than others. Personally, i would like him to stay but i see our main 3 as: Bradbury - Maher - Byrne is we can keep them all. 

• Like 1

If Wild offers Clarke a new contract - and I fully expect he will - I hope it's as part of a plan that ensures next season isn't just a continuation of what we've seen over the final third of this season.

Clarke's not going to change how he plays at 37, but that doesn't mean he has nothing to offer. At the same time we have to be realistic. So does Wild and so does Clarke. 37 is old for a professional footballer. Some can belie the years but it's not common.

I'd love to think that Town can return to the less timid, more adventurous way of playing that we previously saw, with positive aggression and a desire to carry the ball forward. And if we can do that with Clarke playing a part, fantastic.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

If Wild offers Clarke a new contract - and I fully expect he will - I hope it's as part of a plan that ensures next season isn't just a continuation of what we've seen over the final third of this season.

Clarke's not going to change how he plays at 37, but that doesn't mean he has nothing to offer. At the same time we have to be realistic. So does Wild and so does Clarke. 37 is old for a professional footballer. Some can belie the years but it's not common.

I'd love to think that Town can return to the less timid, more adventurous way of playing that we previously saw, with positive aggression and a desire to carry the ball forward. And if we can do that with Clarke playing a part, fantastic.

Agreed, if Clarke and Wild go into this with eyes open. And both accept that Clarke is cover/coach material then I’m all for this. Reading the article, it seems that Clarkey is moving more and more into the coaching side of things, and I think his Professionalism and conduct is second to none. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Based on where his salary fits in with the overall playing budget he could be an asset to the team and club. Horses for courses in my opinion, there are games where his attributes are better served than others. Personally, i would like him to stay but i see our main 3 as: Bradbury - Maher - Byrne is we can keep them all. 

If he stays, at the moment he must be one of the highest earners and PW will pick him every week as PW is blind to the fact that Clarke is and always has been a block and boot CB.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

My sentiments exactly .. I was and am very critical to PWs team selection and tactics, it the last two months .. but I do feel Clarke can play a part, but only if PW has the guts to not start  him. He would not be my first choice starter.. but can definitely be part of the strength depth and experience needed in a squad. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If Clarke stay we could lose Bradbury as he knows he will be the scapegoat.

And you know he isn´t HOW........

Bradbury Byrne and Maher if they stay would be my starters, Clarke as back up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Um....you stated he MUST be one of highest earners. I haven’t mentioned anything either way. Just asking how you know he is..

Probably common knowledge. 

We have 3 wage structures and I would hazard a guess that he’s in the top bracket somehow. 

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Probably common knowledge. 

We have 3 wage structures and I would hazard a guess that he’s in the top bracket somehow. 

I thought he would be in 2nd bracket personally. I thought your Hyde’s, Byrnes, Mahers are top tier. While your Earing, tear, Spence would be in bottom Bracket. And your summerfield, woods, Clarke’s would be in your Middle tier. That’s how i personally thought they would be arranged. Could be wrong though.

Based on Wilds Criteria.

Young players with limited 1st team experience

HDH, Tear, Earing(was already on contract from Fullerton), Spence, Benn, Senior

Prime year First Teamers

Stenson, Byrne, King, Maher, Allen, Hyde, Bradbury, Johnson 

Experienced Pro, over 30’s

Clarke, Wood, Summerfield, Williams.

RNL I have no idea.

I'd rather have Clarke at the back then Stroller Maher any day. The problems start when you play them both. Before all you Maher fans who think he's the best thing since sliced bread start, if he's so good why aren't we fighting off league clubs who want to sign him?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Being a seasoned pro coming from LO and captain of the club no way will he not be in the top bracket of earners.

Maybe he's just happy to be still playing ? My understanding is that the captain is normally one of your top earners but no rule says that should be always the case

Just now, born to moan said:

I'd rather have Clarke at the back then Stroller Maher any day. The problems start when you play them both. Before all you Maher fans who think he's the best thing since sliced bread start, if he's so good

why aren't we fighting off league clubs who want to sign him?

We might be :lol: Earing , King and Maher are our main assetts

2 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

Um....you stated he MUST be one of highest earners. I haven’t mentioned anything either way. Just asking how you know he is..

But can you PROVE black isn’t white?