Your Ideal Retained List

AJS

So now that our season is officially over, I'm interested to see what's everyone thinking regarding our retain list. Who would you keep/get rid of? I'll get the ball rolling.

Keep:

Sam Johnson
Jeff King (clubs will be sniffing around him though)
Jack Senior 
Neill Byrne
Niall Maher
Tom Bradbury
Luke Summerfield
Kieran Green
Jack Earing (certain he’ll go)
Kian Spence
Jake Hyde

Get Rid:

Reuben Noble-Lazarus - No explanation needed.
Dom Tear - Was signed as a wingback when clearly a winger. Don’t ever see him getting regular game time here.
Martin Woods - Very average. Not a bad player, but not someone good enough for a team wanting to challenge for promotion. 
Danny Williams - Same ilk as Woods. I'd be looking at someone else to provide competion for Senior personally.

Undecided:

Nathan Clarke - Been very good for us on the whole but at 37 his legs have pretty much gone and we end up playing deeper to facilitate him. Think he will retire anyway based on the end of todays match.
Jamie Allen - Frustrating player. Has his moments but his footballing brain and decision making at times is terrible. He has his uses as an impact sub with his pace. Think he will stay as I’m pretty sure he’s under contract.
Matt Stenson - Did his ACL 15 minutes into his debut. Under contract so I’d probably edge towards keep as not really seen enough to judge.
Jay Benn - Similar to Tear. Don’t see him getting any regular game time here but came through our system. Maybe keep but loan out.
Harrison Davison-Hale - Never seen him play but would imagine he’s a cheap backup GK. Not fussed either way.

Loanees:
Tahvon Campbell - Bar his goal at Notts County, not seen enough to warrant a permanent deal.
Darren Stephenson - Bar his goal today, not seen enough to warrant a permanent deal.
Micah Obiero - Made one sub appearance and disappeared off the face off the earth. We won't see him next season.

In terms of signings, I'd like to see:

A proper ball playing centre half to replace Clarke.

A centre mid to replace Woods and provide strength in depth alongside Summerfield and Green.

A left wing back to replace Williams. Senior is pretty solid defensively so would like to see a good attacking minded-wing back to compliment him.

A defensively solid right wing back to replace Tear. As good as King is going forward, he struggles against good wingers defensively.

An attacking midfielder to provide depth/replace Earing. Spence should be given more gametime next season but not first choice.

A couple of strikers to provide depth for Hyde and Allen (And Stenson once fit)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

So now that our season is officially over, I'm interested to see what's everyone thinking regarding our retain list. Who would you keep/get rid of? I'll get the ball rolling.

Keep:

Sam Johnson
Jack Senior 
Neill Byrne
Niall Maher
Tom Bradbury
Luke Summerfield
Kieran Green
Kian Spence
Jake Hyde

Get Rid:

Dom Tear - Was signed as a wingback when clearly a winger. Don’t ever see him getting regular game time here.
Martin Woods - Very average. Not a bad player, but not someone good enough for a team wanting to challenge for promotion. 
Danny Williams - Same ilk as Woods. I'd be looking at someone else to provide competion for Senior personally.

Undecided:

Nathan Clarke - Been very good for us on the whole but at 37 his legs have pretty much gone and we end up playing deeper to facilitate him. Think he will retire anyway based on the end of todays match.
Jamie Allen - Frustrating player. Has his moments but his footballing brain and decision making at times is terrible. He has his uses as an impact sub with his pace. Think he will stay as I’m pretty sure he’s under contract.
Matt Stenson - Did his ACL 15 minutes into his debut. Under contract so I’d probably edge towards keep as not really seen enough to judge.
Jay Benn - Similar to Tear. Don’t see him getting any regular game time here but came through our system. Maybe keep but loan out.
Harrison Davison-Hale - Never seen him play but would imagine he’s a cheap backup GK. Not fussed either way.

Loanees:
Tahvon Campbell - Bar his goal at Notts County, not seen enough to warrant a permanent deal.
Darren Stephenson - Bar his goal today, not seen enough to warrant a permanent deal.
Micah Obiero - Made one sub appearance and disappeared off the face off the earth. We won't see him next season.

A centre mid to replace Woods and provide strength in depth alongside Summerfield and Green.

A left wing back to replace Williams. Senior is pretty solid defensively so would like to see a good attacking minded-wing back to compliment him.

A defensively solid right wing back to replace Tear. As good as King is going forward, he struggles against good wingers defensively.

An attacking midfielder to provide depth/replace Earing. Spence should be given more gametime next season but not first choice.

But Noble- Lazurus is only 2 weeks away. Surely you have to give him a new deal? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I can see him rocking up to the Shay in mid July- "Gaffer am fit"

When Wild does his next q and a I'll be asking the question as to how he's managed to make it to the end of the season on our books. 

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

When Wild does his next q and a I'll be asking the question as to how he's managed to make it to the end of the season on our books. 

We would have had to pay him his contract to get rid of him. You can't just throw contracted players out.

1 minute ago, townmad said:

We would have had to pay him his contract to get rid of him. You can't just throw contracted players out.

He didn't play a single minute. How would it cost us anymore than it already has? 

All apart from Spence, Tear and Stephenson. Get some quality to replace them and they may replace a couple of starters we have at the moment.

Whatever happens we can’t have injuries like this season.

• Confused 1

Keep under contract

Hyde, Byrne, Maher, Spence, Stenson

Transfer list

Allen

Offer new deal

Johnson, King, Bradbury, Senior, Williams, Earing, Summerfield, Green

Release

Noble-Lazarus, Tear, Woods, Clarke

Undecided

Davison-Hale, Benn

More than happy for any ITKs to correct me if I'm missing anyone that's still got a year to run on their deal 

Edited by Lewis

4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Keep under contract

Hyde, Byrne, Maher

Transfer list

Allen

Offer new deal

Johnson, King, Bradbury, Senior, Williams, Earing, Summerfield, Green, Spence, Stenson

Release

Noble-Lazarus, Tear, Woods, Clarke

Undecided

Davison-Hale, Benn

More than happy for any ITKs to correct me if I'm missing anyone that's still got a year to run on their deal 

Allen. Stenson and Spence are all under contract for next season 

Just now, Greggs said:

Allen. Stenson and Spence are all under contract for next season 

Cheers. Knew Allen was hence why I've put him down as transfer listed as opposed to released 

51 minutes ago, AJS said:

Keep:

Sam Johnson
Jack Senior 
Neill Byrne
Niall Maher
Tom Bradbury
Luke Summerfield
Kieran Green
Kian Spence
Jake Hyde

Get Rid:

Undecided:

Loanees:

Spot on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Mocking people with mental health issues is truly disgusting. How do you know you he wasn’t  on a pay as you play deal and he the club may have paid nothing but just tried to support him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, East Stand Ultra said:

Mocking people with mental health issues is truly disgusting. How do you know you he wasn’t  on a pay as you play deal and he the club may have paid nothing but just tried to support him.

where has anyone ever said that is the problem? Or are we expected to be mind readers

Edited by Greggs
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, East Stand Ultra said:

He has openly mentioned it on Twitter, it has been mentioned in here.

The club have clearly been protecting him by not mentioning it

Ok. Your assuming everyone has twitter or spends their lives on here? For the record I havent seen anyone mention it on here. They may have done but I haven't seen it. 

I don't have twitter so wouldn't have seen it that way either. 

If that's the reason I have the upmost sympathy. Again for the record i do a wellbeing role at my work place so that's sincere if that's the reason

Some people are not going to know these things if they are not on some social media. 

Edited by Greggs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Ok. Your assuming everyone has twitter or spends their lives on here? For the record I havent seen anyone mention it on here. They may have done but I haven't seen it. 

I don't have twitter so wouldn't have seen it that way either. 

If that's the reason I have the upmost sympathy. Again for the record i do a wellbeing role at my work place so that's sincere if that's the reason. 

That’s fine and why it’s dangerous to assume. 

Can’t disagree with most of what has been said .. think benn and Spence are ones to keep and develop .. other than that agree with what has been said 

52 minutes ago, East Stand Ultra said:

Not attacking anyone just helping you understand the situation.

Given your well-being role I’m sure you’re aware if knowing all the facts before commenting on a public forum

As I pointed out there is really no way I could have known that was the reason. 

Now I understand it and sympathise. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Be an interesting couple of months, speculation will be running riot.

Certainly will be. Given the late finish to the season, we could be lining up for pre season friendlies in 6 weeks. A lot of business to be done in a short space of time.