Jump to content

Maidenhead - So How Good or How Bad


TommyH72
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Spence and Tear should come good next season . Allen is contracted . Earing, Kink and maybe Hyde will be poached . Clarke and Woods will possibly hang up their boots . RNL never actually exsisted

You'd keep Tear? When he's barely had a game all season. I wouldn't Wild clearly doesnt fancy him so what's the point? 

We need a full squad of players that can be used and rotated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I agree, we have the nucleus of a very decent squad. Recruitment will be essential this summer, but even if we dont make the playoffs, available players will look at our recent record and see that we have had 2 back to back seasons where we have put up decent challenges. This might prove to be a good selling point when players are approached. But we cannot have another season where we have to call in 11 loanees, it just doesnt work. No level of consistency can be achieved, get rid of the dead wood, Nobel, Spence, Tear, Harrison Davidson, Stenson (sorry to include this one but its been a waste of time) Williams (not dead wood, just not performing) Allen (Unless he completely plays out of his skin next Saturday). Send the current loanees back to where they came from and get some quality in!!

Spence dead wood? Wow 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Need better than Allen pal. This season has shown he isn’t good enough. 

I agree but we wont have 17/18 players who are all good quality as our budget wont allow it, we also need squad players and Allen would fit that criteria 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing I’m confident for next season is better quality signings. Gareth McClelland coming in is massive for us and hopefully we can find some decent young players. 
 

But we have to majorly improve if we want to get into the football league 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, chadders said:

Spence dead wood? Wow 

Sorry for the downer on the lad Chadders, but he's a long way off being ready for this level of football. We are not in a position to be able to keep such players. Perhaps dead wood is a little harsh, but unless he goes out on a season long loan with the other club paying his wages then sadly IMO he has to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

I agree but we wont have 17/18 players who are all good quality as our budget wont allow it, we also need squad players and Allen would fit that criteria 

Been given more than a fair chance. Got to go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

The only thing I’m confident for next season is better quality signings. Gareth McClelland coming in is massive for us and hopefully we can find some decent young players. 
 

But we have to majorly improve if we want to get into the football league 

Agree re McClelland hopefully his influence on signings will pay dividends 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Sorry for the downer on the lad Chadders, but he's a long way off being ready for this level of football. We are not in a position to be able to keep such players. Perhaps dead wood is a little harsh, but unless he goes out on a season long loan with the other club paying his wages then sadly IMO he has to go.

Disagree totally and good job we did not apply the same philosophy on Earing. But agree Kian would benefit by playing regularly out on loan as Jack did.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Been given more than a fair chance. Got to go

Not going to happen though he's contracted. If we could afford to pay off contracted players Noble Lazurus wouldn't still be stealing a wage. 

The problem with Allen is where he gets played. He's not a striker and never will be. If we play wingers next season he can have an impact. If we don't we will be wasting him and wasting a wage 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I agree, we have the nucleus of a very decent squad. Recruitment will be essential this summer, but even if we dont make the playoffs, available players will look at our recent record and see that we have had 2 back to back seasons where we have put up decent challenges. This might prove to be a good selling point when players are approached. But we cannot have another season where we have to call in 11 loanees, it just doesnt work. No level of consistency can be achieved, get rid of the dead wood, Nobel, Spence, Tear, Harrison Davidson, Stenson (sorry to include this one but its been a waste of time) Williams (not dead wood, just not performing) Allen (Unless he completely plays out of his skin next Saturday). Send the current loanees back to where they came from and get some quality in!!

Spence, Allen and Stenson contracted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Greggs said:

You'd keep Tear? When he's barely had a game all season. I wouldn't Wild clearly doesnt fancy him so what's the point? 

We need a full squad of players that can be used and rotated

Tear could prove to be an hidden gem if we can convert him to a wing back or a number 10, he's still young and not (to my knowledge) injury prone, the sort of player McClellend will be homing in on

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Tear could prove to be an hidden gem if we can convert him to a wing back or a number 10, he's still young and not (to my knowledge) injury prone, the sort of player McClellend will be homing in on

I agree. He’s not had much opportunity in first team and can improve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Tear could prove to be an hidden gem if we can convert him to a wing back or a number 10, he's still young and not (to my knowledge) injury prone, the sort of player McClellend will be homing in on

Would he even want to stay? Is he on a 2 year deal? If he's only on a 1 year deal. I doubt he'd be in a rush to sign on again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Cant believe I’ve seen certain people saying they want Senior gone. Hometown lad, still young and very solid defensively. Dealt brilliantly with Barratt yesterday 

I like him. And Williams. They’ve both put effort in and are decent players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Have a day off? I was one of the only positive ones yesterday who said we will win. 
 

It’s just being realistic mate and being a passionate football fan seeing your team firmly in the play offs to absolutely change the whole way we were playing going from being on the front foot in most games to then sitting back with 10 defensive players on the pitch. Very very frustrating 

To be fair TJ. We haven't been on the front foot most games, only a handful of. Those few we did, it was obvious to most of us that, that was the way we should play, given the players available.

I can only recall Torquay, Nott's C, 1/2 against KL & 1/2 against Sutton (I may have missed a few, but not that many)

That is my main disappointment this season.

This league was there for the taking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...