Peter Wild..we are ready for your interview

nw3casc1

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

The highest budget for many a season was Heath.

He did not blow it on quality players -

but he did get us back up - then left us with some dross.

1 hour ago, Ash said:

You’ll be surprised how low down our budget is! One or two players yes but as a squad, nowhere near.

Where is this website that tells you every teams budget, I'd love to have a read of it. 

Edited by born to moan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, born to moan said:

Where is this website that tell you every teams budget, I'd love to have a read of it. 

It’s a chairman he knows who is so much richer than Bosomworth. But we are not allowed to know who it is :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Something is definitely not right within our squad. Be it lack of confidence, over training, lack of fitness, mistrust of the tactics etc. Many of us said early in the season & during our purple patch how big, fast & strong & well organised we looked. Fast forward a few weeks & we look a shadow of our former selves, slow, lethargic, disorganised & easily beaten.

The Manager has a big job on his hands & we need a big clear out, as many of the current players are just not up to it. Some will be hanging up their boots, others will perhaps find new enthusiasm at other clubs.

As the season is all but done, I don't think it unfair to say who I would keep. I would only consider keeping a few, Big Sam, Byrne, Bradshaw, Earing, Summerfield, Green. 

The rest (although a few may be tied down for next season) have not shown sufficient quality throughout the season to be relied on to be offered new deals.

We look like a team who are beaten before we step on the pitch, that does not bode well & we need a clear out.

Let our scout find young & hungry players within our budget (hate that word) who want to progress with or via us.

You´ve had a senior moment just like I did you mean Bradbury, Bradshaw left a long time ago.

Maher, Allen, Spence, Hyde & Stenson contracted.

36 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You´ve had a senior moment just like I did you mean Bradbury, Bradshaw left a long time ago.

Maher, Allen, Spence, Hyde & Stenson contracted.

Correct, mind I wouldn't mind someone in the Bradshaw mould now :)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ash said:

He’s doing an excellent job but he’s young and will get better as he learns from his mistakes. His recruitment was spot on but it seems he’s had one key player missing every game this year for one reason or another and that’s hardly his fault.

We aren’t blessed with the budget to have the quality in depth right through a big squad.

I am probably wrong but are Sutton not still part time and I would hazard a guess their budget is similar to ourselves. Macclesfield went up a couple years ago with a lot less budget than ours, so a clubs budget doesn’t always mean success. 

Im not having a go at PW as he’s probably doing as well as could be expected, but next year he needs to push on with us fighting for a top 4/5 position. As for the injuries, have we been unlucky or are there questions about our training program, why have we had so many injuries that have affected us so badly, that question needs to have an answer. Finally if you are going to bring in loan players they need to be better than we have or what’s the point, not bring them in to sit on the bench, they should improve us

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

It’s a chairman he knows who is so much richer than Bosomworth. But we are not allowed to know who it is :rolleyes:

Stockport if you must know. All clubs and players talk and when transfers are being arranged they clearly know who’s offering what

11 minutes ago, Ash said:

Stockport if you must know. All clubs and players talk and when transfers are being arranged they clearly know who’s offering what

So the richest club in the league then:lol: I’m not surprised they can get players that we can’t. Common knowledge :doh:

15 minutes ago, Ash said:

Player A from Club B is unlikely to tell Player C from Club D how much they're on. I just don't believe that happens. Why would it even come up in conversation? I have no idea how much my best mate earns, in fact I haven't a Scooby how much any of my mates earn, why would I? Never mind strangers in the same industry as me. It just doesn't make sense to me.

In the days of abbreviated accounts we can't even say with any certainty how much a club's overall wage bill is, never mind how much an individual player earns.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

Doesn’t matter what the budget is but when you sign a load of crocks and the highest paid player is the great saviour who is always injured. Guess what. You bloody struggle 

Made of crisps is that Hyde.Woking fans said we had an exceptional player if he stayed fit.Trouble is he never is.

56 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Player A from Club B is unlikely to tell Player C from Club D how much they're on. I just don't believe that happens. Why would it even come up in conversation? I have no idea how much my best mate earns, in fact I haven't a Scooby how much any of my mates earn, why would I? Never mind strangers in the same industry as me. It just doesn't make sense to me.

In the days of abbreviated accounts we can't even say with any certainty how much a club's overall wage bill is, never mind how much an individual player earns.

I know what my best mate earns, triple what I do and he still used to go missing when it was his round!

5 minutes ago, oldskir said:

A few random comments.

We get some idea of club's wage bills when we see how much they asked for in loans from the DCMS.

Bosomworth was reported to have asked for £400k to pay for things til the end of the season. Chesterfield asked for, presumably needed, and got, £1m.

Budget isn't everything. Look at how well Accrington have done in the last 15 years. They are now able to compete playing wise with the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth, but they get less than 10% from spectator income compared to what those 2 big clubs normally get.

If Wild's budget is low, why are we spending it on such a big backroom staff? And a reserve goalkeeper who has yet to set foot on the pitch for the club? Basically, Sam NEVER gets injured. Also, stop signing players with iffy injury records like RNL and Stenson. And Wild has been far too slow to milk the EFL Under 23s pool. Chadwick shows the quality you can get there if you do your homework.

Having a low budget doesn't mean you have to play with just one up front and four centre backs in a vital game like Dagenham. We had the budget and the squad to have played Campbell and Stephenson together up top, allowing Green to play in his most effective position in midfield. Neither Campbell or Stephenson look good enough to play lone striker, but for heaven's sake Wild, please let us see how they get on playing together, and able to support each other.

I agree with a lot of you have said here @oldskir

If you have the budget we are alleged to have you have to take a chance on players.

I think Pete has done this and to be honest  its backfired a bit. We have given contracts to players who have dodgy  injury records or are coming back from serious injury they will often come for less money to get a contract. Sometimes you get quality this way.Its paid off with some but not with others.

• Like 1

My biggest criticism of Wilds recruitment has to be RNL, Tear and Danns. RNL was always going to be a huge gamble and evidently it’s massively backfired. Tear I feel a little for as he was clearly signed as a wingback when its blatant he’s a winger. Why would you sign someone that doesn’t suit your system.

Now these two were effectively meant to be backups for Earing and King. It’s no wonder we’ve struggled when those two have been missing.

As for Danns, why would you sign a 38 year old suffering from long covid who’d only played a few games for a lower league side. 

There’s been a few other signings like Omatayo, Gevaro and Mansell who weren’t the greatest signings either but we were under difficult circumstances so can give him a bit of slack on them.

Just hope we can improve our strength in depth next year, especially in the attacking department. Injuries have played a part but it’s cost us dearly not having much quality in depth amongst the front 3