Jump to content

Peter Wild..we are ready for your interview


nw3casc1
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

So is Wild he likes 4 number 5s and 2 number 3s in a team.

Given the players available today...what formation and players would you have gone with? Will admit when seeing the team I thought we would struggle but then look at the bench and there wasn’t much that could be changed imo. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ash said:

Like it or not Halifax Town has been a mid table conference team at best, recently a yo yo team between National and National North. Pete has had us fighting at the right end playing good football for 2 seasons now. He will only go on to bigger and better things 

Do you wear rose tinted specs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Greggs said:

Yet he's happily paid Noble Lazurus for a full season to do nothing. You'll get no sympathy off me when you've had the whole season to cut the cord and you havent. 

Most annoying part of that is he had him training with us for 6 weeks at the end of last season and intended to sign him then but the season was curtailed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mj85 said:

Where do I see a list of teams budgets? Always such a ‘source’ for playing teams under-achievements down or high achievements up etc etc, but rarely see them actually factually publicised.

I may be cynical as an ‘outsider’, or I may be less rose tinted as a ‘neutral’, but I just don’t see a squad that includes Johnson, Byrne, Clarke, Bradbury, Summerfield, Woods, Hyde being the ‘home bargains’ budget that’s claimed.

happy to be corrected 

We don’t have a paupers budget ffs we’ve signed one of the best strikers in the league on a 2 years deal from the most affluent part of the country, somehow we have a section of our fan base that is happy  to accept failure, no wonder we’ve probably being the most unsuccessful club to play in the league 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jmc said:

We don’t have a paupers budget ffs we’ve signed one of the best strikers in the league on a 2 years deal from the most affluent part of the country, somehow we have a section of our fan base that is happy  to accept failure, no wonder we’ve probably being the most unsuccessful club to play in the league 

Failure is subjective.....who determines what it is? Unfortunately we have a section on here that are clueless also. If we finish 10th is it a failure? 7th success? I’m pretty sure if at the start of the season people were given to be within a shot of the playoffs with 2 games to go most would have taken it.....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one advantage of not participating in the play offs is that the club can start immediately on attracting players for next season knowing that we are recruiting for the National league.

I just hope the recruitment for next season brings in players who can cope with the rigours of the physical side of the game.

We don't want players whose best mates at the club are the medical staff!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Failure is subjective.....who determines what it is? Unfortunately we have a section on here that are clueless also. If we finish 10th is it a failure? 7th success? I’m pretty sure if at the start of the season people were given to be within a shot of the playoffs with 2 games to go most would have taken it.....

I think it’s now a case of bottling the play offs. We wouldn’t have got in them play offs last season if the season didn’t end early in my opinion. 

This season we looked destined to finish 5th but performances since the Eastleigh game have been terrible and I think that’s what has frustrated the fans who actually want this club to succeed. 

As someone just said this club won’t succeed whilst some fans or the board are happy with mid table mediocrity. 
 

Do you think this club will ever get into the football league with this current board? I’ll say no 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I think it’s now a case of bottling the play offs. We wouldn’t have got in them play offs last season if the season didn’t end early in my opinion. 

This season we looked destined to finish 5th but performances since the Eastleigh game have been terrible and I think that’s what has frustrated the fans who actually want this club to succeed. 

As someone just said this club won’t succeed whilst some fans or the board are happy with mid table mediocrity. 
 

Do you think this club will ever get into the football league with this current board? I’ll say no 

 

I also don’t think the club will go bust again with this board and see us playing Rossendale again! We are in a financial situation whereby we are at a tipping point, if we overspend (which doesn’t guarantee success) we could go pop again. There appears to be nobody else wanting to take the club on so near that in mind. 
 

I don’t think it’s a case of bottling the playoffs, before this spell of poor results we weren’t playing well but we getting results but no one was saying anything. We are losing games because we haven’t played well enough. Did Chelsea bottle the final yesterday or did they just lose on the day?? 
 

again just my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

I also don’t think the club will go bust again with this board and see us playing Rossendale again! We are in a financial situation whereby we are at a tipping point, if we overspend (which doesn’t guarantee success) we could go pop again. There appears to be nobody else wanting to take the club on so near that in mind. 
 

I don’t think it’s a case of bottling the playoffs, before this spell of poor results we weren’t playing well but we getting results but no one was saying anything. We are losing games because we haven’t played well enough. Did Chelsea bottle the final yesterday or did they just lose on the day?? 
 

again just my opinion. 

We were playing well before the Eastleigh game? We were playing attacking football, on the front foot, high intensity and closing down. 

Now we don’t look like we want to win games, we sit so defensive, we have 10 defensive players and always 1 forward on the pitch and nothing is changing. 

I think we are bottling the play offs because of the way we used to play, now he knows we can get the play offs he’s going way too cautious with his approach. 

Chelsea didn’t bottle it at all Leicester are a good team. Look how well they’ve been playing recently. They just lost on the day but deserved to win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I think it’s now a case of bottling the play offs. We wouldn’t have got in them play offs last season if the season didn’t end early in my opinion. 

This season we looked destined to finish 5th but performances since the Eastleigh game have been terrible and I think that’s what has frustrated the fans who actually want this club to succeed. 

As someone just said this club won’t succeed whilst some fans or the board are happy with mid table mediocrity. 
 

Do you think this club will ever get into the football league with this current board? I’ll say no 

 

The fans have no influence whatsoever in whether we will be successful  or not, we just go along for the ride. The board however that’s a different matter 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Failure is subjective.....who determines what it is? Unfortunately we have a section on here that are clueless also. If we finish 10th is it a failure? 7th success? I’m pretty sure if at the start of the season people were given to be within a shot of the playoffs with 2 games to go most would have taken it.....

I agree. I said yesterday that on reflection and given the circumstances this will be viewed as a decent season, but you must admit that our form at the beginning and end of it has been poor. The words damp and squib come to mind. People are just disappointed at the moment, we’ll get over it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, East Stand Ultra said:

The fans have no influence whatsoever in whether we will be successful  or not, we just go along for the ride. The board however that’s a different matter 

Oh yeah I know that but some fans are just happy to support a team which yes fantastic we have a team to support but surely we can’t go on forever being happy with no success or getting close and then failing everytime. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The negative mindset by some on here is exactly what wild and Bosomworth want us all to have, so then we can just go stale in this league and just he glad we have a club to watch that sometimes can go "toe to toe with the big boys" and "little old halifax" keep trying to "punch above our weight". Ive just left a company where i got offered more money to stay, to take the chance of setting up on my own.  Life's about sometimes taking risks to achieve better things, i could have just settled for a wage rise and stayed there steady for the rest of my life. I may have another 40 or so years left watching the shaymen and i hope it's not constantly in this league...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have got Pete Wild for another 2 seasons like it or not. It won't help knocking him, I know I'm not a big fan but he needs when making future signings to look very hard at players injury records. It has without doubt cost us this season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, born to moan said:

We have got Pete Wild for another 2 seasons like it or not. It won't help knocking him, I know I'm not a big fan but he needs when making future signings to look very hard at players injury records. It has without doubt cost us this season.

Or just let Gareth get his new players. Injury fitness first things that should be looked at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, born to moan said:

We have got Pete Wild for another 2 seasons like it or not. It won't help knocking him, I know I'm not a big fan but he needs when making future signings to look very hard at players injury records. It has without doubt cost us this season.

Next season should be abit different for signings. 

There are 7/8 players who have to go next season that are simply not good enough. Now that Gareth is back scouting again it should mean for some good signings I hope. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Oh yeah I know that but some fans are just happy to support a team which yes fantastic we have a team to support but surely we can’t go on forever being happy with no success or getting close and then failing everytime. 

So if all fans demand promotion, it will happen right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are people on here who talk about being realists rather than optimists. We definitely have our fair share of pessimists.

But what do people actually expect (not hope, not wish for, not dream of) in terms of where we will finish in a season?

Having watched town since 97 (handy season to have started!) I would say I expect upper mid table, but hope for playoffs.

We started this season terribly, so at that point anything mid table seemed a bonus. Having turned it around, it now feels like a real miss if we don’t make the playoffs.

But all in all when I look back at the season, if we finish upper mid table/just outside the playoffs, it’s probably about what I expect from us.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's  an interesting  theory, first of all I like Nathan Clarke he a good defender unfortunately he lacks place and when he plays our build up is quite  pedestrian. Could be  because the other defenders know this at the back of their  minds is the thoughtthey mayhave to cover Nathan.  Its funny  how our worst results have been with him in defence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, greygoose said:

So if all fans demand promotion, it will happen right?

Its the way we have let a great opportunity slip out of ours hands which has upset so many , we all know we are not a club that can build on success , this time next season we could looking at how many points we need to stay up 

It been a good season but it could have been so much better , these opportunities don't come round very often , we got into such a great position and have blown it .

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, born to moan said:

We have got Pete Wild for another 2 seasons like it or not. It won't help knocking him, I know I'm not a big fan but he needs when making future signings to look very hard at players injury records. It has without doubt cost us this season.

The Taxman has made more appearances than some players over the years .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Monk said:

Its the way we have let a great opportunity slip out of ours hands which has upset so many , we all know we are not a club that can build on success , this time next season we could looking at how many points we need to stay up 

It been a good season but it could have been so much better , these opportunities don't come round very often , we got into such a great position and have blown it .

Half the league will be thinking they've blown a good opportunity to get promoted, we are no different

11 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You know that i don’t mean that but just thought you would say it anyway I’m guessing? 
 

The answer is no anyway 

But you made the point some people just happy to have a club and others get upset when club dont show ambition.

My point us whatever we as fans think doesn't make any difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Half the league will be thinking they've blown a good opportunity to get promoted, we are no different

 

How many have been 5th and clear a few weeks ago to now looking at missing out .

If you look at the table , the top 4 have been constant , 5 or 6  clubs in or around the other 3 it's been about 10 clubs who realistically could have made a play off spot for a while now , Bromley and Dagenham have put in a late run .

So out of that 5 or 6 who are vying for a play off spot , 3 will miss out , that's 3 clubs who will think they have missed a great opportunity , by that I mean at least getting into the play offs , we will miss out .

That is not half the league being disappointed it's a handful of clubs , getting a spot and failing is disappointing but not falling at the last hurdle and not even taking part.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...