• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just come back home but Christ, this is unspeakably sad. RIP Deano, you will always be loved and you will always be a Shay legend. I may have to write more later but I’ll certainly read your tributes

Yes, this is summat that’s repeated in my head for the past 24 hours or so. He was absolutely mint for us, but there was never a sense that we were a transitional club before his big break.  One memor

He was only 35. I'm devastated. Life is too hard to bear sometimes, even for a true legend. What a player and what a life he had. We need to honour his legacy with a mural or something down the Shay w

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Nick said:

So sad .. it puts everything else into Perspective .. 

He was a honest player and a fans favourite .. embodied everything we wanted town player 

RIP James 

Well said, if there was one player who would run through walls for you it would be. Deano, Deano,Deano

• Like 1
Just now, vinnyweknuts said:

Well said, if there was one player who would run through walls for you it would be. Deano, Deano,Deano

Agree with that...a true hero for FC Halifax Town.

RIP deano, have fond memories of that fa cup game at droylsden and his celebrations whenever he scored a hat trick, what a beast of a player he was for us, was a cracking player for the 3 seasons he was with us, such a tragic loss.

RIP Deano!

Such a waste, the awareness and help for mental health is bigger than ever but sadly can't save everyone.

The first cult hero of the 'new' club and helped fire us to 2 promotions.

I hope the 'James Dean goal machine' flag is still about and takes permanent residence at the back of the south stand.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, greygoose said:

RIP Deano!

Such a waste, the awareness and help for mental health is bigger than ever but sadly can't save everyone.

The first cult hero of the 'new' club and helped fire us to 2 promotions.

I hope the 'James Dean goal machine' flag is still about and takes permanent residence at the back of the south stand.

Great shout...get the flag in the ground asap..

So sad and seeing Twitter this afternoon with so many Deano videos and emotional words from ex players.. We all know what a real hero he was for the shaymen...up there with vards and gregs..RIP fella..God bless...xx.....Legend

Very sad news.  I remember his performance against Lancaster at home when we absolutely crushed their spirit in that title winning season.  He was unplayable that day.

RIP Deano.

• Like 1

Really really sad news  R.I.P.

We'll all have differing memories of Deano.  One of mine is that at the time the England national team were struggling to find the net (what's new).  Deano was scoring for fun then and Mrs Bazza offered the simple solution, we have a man who has scored 40 this year, look no further

9 minutes ago, Jonmona said:

Very sad news.  I remember his performance against Lancaster at home when we absolutely crushed their spirit in that title winning season.  He was unplayable that day.

RIP Deano.

Tried to find the courier match summary of that game ... seemed to remember it had a great description of JD from that game and how he just destroyed their back line 

I am always sad when one of our ex-players passes away but am even more so because Deano was still so young and the circumstances which must surround this. Condolences to family and friends. R.I.P. the legend which is Deano.

Absolutely shocked and gutted. I was really hoping for some good news this weekend.

What a great player with a personality to match. He was sat directly behind me and my youngest daughter when we played Charlton in the FA cup in 2011...I can't remember now whether he was injured or suspended but we had a right good chat with him at half time. What a lovely, humble and polite gentle giant he was....what a legend!

The news i was dreading for Deano was a legend who would always have a natter with fans and the lovely memories he gave us, the number 9 was made for this gentle giant of a man who gave so much for our club, the shirt will be waiting for him at Heaven FC, gutted by this terrible news and  Condolences to his family, RIP LEGEND.

Desperately sad news, especially when something like this happens. A great character and Shay legend for the new club. Brought a lot of happiness to us all on the terraces. He was a vital part of getting us to where we are now from the depths of the glue leagues. RIP big man. 

• Like 1