Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I will repeat what I said on Saturday, IMO We need as much energy & speed as possible  today but fear PW will put Nathan in and we will lose speed and movement from defence, missing Earing is a heavy burden but still feel we can pull this off. (would have liked Obiero but no chance).

                              1 Sam Johnson

5 Byrne                    31 Maher           6 Bradbury

 2 King                                 3 Senior                             

8 Green             19 Summerfield               30 Spence

                    9 Hyde                 36 Chadwick

 

Subs  12 Harrison Davidson-Hales 26 Woods 7 Allen 4 Clarke 33 Campbell .

 

We simply have to attack in order to upset them.

 

Streaming starts at 2.30 commentary from 2.45 - https://live.ytfc.net/en-int/playerpage/557228

Commentary-Three Valleys Radio & BBC Somerset

Courier Blog - https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crap tactics, crap line up

Don't forget the work that made the platform for this scoreline.  Super, super Sam!  Super, super Sam!  Super, super Sam!  Super Sammy Johnson! 

Only town fans after a 3-0 win at Yeovil can bicker like 10 year old school girls 

Posted Images

Wild needs to approach this game positively, stop worrying so much about the opposition. This isn't Premier League football where you need a plan to deal with strikers worth hundreds of millions. 

I like Wild but I'm beginning to wonder how much of that is simply because he isn't JF. So negative at times it's incredibly frustrating. 

Thing is, no one can reasonably claim that we have won many points, if any, from defending for a draw. Yet we're still 5th. That should tell Wild what the best policy is. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he sticks to his rotation statement he can’t start the same team today 

so I believe (hope) Clarke and wood will be rested and then King comes back and Chadwick starts ahead of Allen. 
 

much like Steve shows at the top .. hopefully with Obiero on the bench 

finally where is earing out for 7-10 days over 15 days ago ? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nick said:

If he sticks to his rotation statement he can’t start the same team today 

so I believe (hope) Clarke and wood will be rested and then King comes back and Chadwick starts ahead of Allen. 
 

much like Steve shows at the top .. hopefully with Obiero on the bench 

finally where is earing out for 7-10 days over 15 days ago ? 

I think he is making sure Earing is fully fit , it took him ages to unleash Hyde after his injury.

I can understand the caution with Earing , said it was his hamstring , if it goes that's him out for play offs .

Need a reaction today , the dull and unambitious display on Saturday has put more pressure on this one , I do think he sacrificed that game for this , hope he doesn't regret it .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nick said:

If he sticks to his rotation statement he can’t start the same team today 

so I believe (hope) Clarke and wood will be rested and then King comes back and Chadwick starts ahead of Allen. 
 

much like Steve shows at the top .. hopefully with Obiero on the bench 

finally where is earing out for 7-10 days over 15 days ago ? 

Hopefully Earing hasn't travelled, 10 hours sat on a coach isn't great recuperation from injury

Link to post
Share on other sites

It made sense to go 'negative' against Stockport, I can understand those tactics, a point would have been very welcome, sadly though we made one slip which gave them a goal, and then required clinical finishing and we didn't put away any of our few chances. Forget it. It's over. 

Onto today: Are Yeovil good this season? They don't have anything to play for, but now it seems their form over the last few games has been much improved. This will be a very tricky fixture and 3 points would be absolutely golden.


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PW could opt to start with  Clarke and then play Maher rather than Spence. I suspect he will go for a point, and we know how that often works out!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt before the Stockport game we needed minimum 3 points from this bank holiday weekend therefore this is a must win imo. We have to attack and go for it. We are at our best when we go to outscore the opposition rather than try and sneak a 0-0 or 1-0. We aren't good enough defensively to play that type of game consistently. 

I'd go for:

Johnson

King Byrne Maher Bradbury Williams

Summerfield Green

Spence

Hyde Chadwick

Subs:

Davison-Hale, Clarke, Senior, Woods, Obiero/Campbell (Allen if neither fit. He's been poor since returning from international break imo)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AJS said:

I felt before the Stockport game we needed minimum 3 points from this bank holiday weekend therefore this is a must win imo. We have to attack and go for it. We are at our best when we go to outscore the opposition rather than try and sneak a 0-0 or 1-0. We aren't good enough defensively to play that type of game consistently. 

I'd go for:

Johnson

King Byrne Maher Bradbury Williams

Summerfield Green

Spence

Hyde Chadwick

Subs:

Davison-Hale, Clarke, Senior, Woods, Obiero/Campbell (Allen if neither fit. He's been poor since returning from international break imo)

Agree AJS. We must go for the win today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today will be a tough game.

Watched the highlights of Yeovil's win at Wealdstone on Saturday. They looked very lively, with some quick, skillful players up front. They had enough good chances to have scored 4 or 5 goals rather than the 2 they did get.

They also have a very effective long throw specialist, so I'll be surprised if Wild doesn't play Clarke.

I'd be happy with a point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeovil have some good players and are picking up some good form. 

The lineup today will tell us if he wants to win this game or if he’s settling AGAIN for another point on the road. He cannot start the same team as Saturday as that was horrendous to watch and bad management. 

Chadwick and Hyde have to start get them back paired up with each other and play some bloody attacking football. 

Can’t afford to keep dropping points so 3 points today is a must and that sets us up nicely going into Boreham Wood at home for yet another tough game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Today will be a tough game.

Watched the highlights of Yeovil's win at Wealdstone on Saturday. They looked very lively, with some quick, skillful players up front. They had enough good chances to have scored 4 or 5 goals rather than the 2 they did get.

They also have a very effective long throw specialist, so I'll be surprised if Wild doesn't play Clarke.

I'd be happy with a point.

I wouldnt read too much into this result, Wealdstone have been on the beach for 2 months. Agree Yeovil have been improving after a shocking start to the season

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to go for it today or it will come back and haunt us...Chadwick and Hyde up front drop Clarke to bench and Alan to bench..he always does better coming on as sub and we can bring Clarke on hopefully to see out the game..think it's going to be a very tough game but think we can win if we go for it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Granty said:

Does anyone know how much the stream costs? Been on their website and can’t see a price without setting up an account!

Same here. Yes typically looks like you’d have to sign up to find out.

Steve, thanks for sharing. £9.99 isn’t too bad, I’ll mull it over.

Edited by shaymen_x
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

We have to go for it today or it will come back and haunt us...Chadwick and Hyde up front drop Clarke to bench and Alan to bench..he always does better coming on as sub and we can bring Clarke on hopefully to see out the game..think it's going to be a very tough game but think we can win if we go for it

We can't see games out comfortably though , if 60 minutes in and winning 2-0 , keep going , don't change anything unless it's forced on you , we are not good enough to sit on a lead.

We are 5th because we score goals , it's not down to good defending and winning games 1-0 it's putting the opposition on the back foot.

Wilds mindset has changed recently he needs to get back his confidence.

I think we will win today , he can say what he wants about Saturday , he won't come out and admit he was scared of them but deep down I bet he was , it will be forgotten if we are on 62 points at 5.00pm .

I thought 70 points would be enough but I think it will be less with a lot of sides in the top 10 playing each other , 62 with 4 left puts us in a great position.

Over to you Pete , POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Let's play Maher up front, he might set up a dolly with his head for one of our strikers, like he did for Madden on Saturday. :doh:

Stop being a moaning old git.😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Stop being a moaning old git.😂

Facts Steve old love, can't hide the facts. That's why we all support Halifacts Town. (That's awful isn't it?)

Edited by born to moan
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS just realised the game is today at 4. That knackers me reet up - still a working day here so the kids are in creche, will need to get them early. Bah humbug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Monk said:

We can't see games out comfortably though , if 60 minutes in and winning 2-0 , keep going , don't change anything unless it's forced on you , we are not good enough to sit on a lead.

We are 5th because we score goals , it's not down to good defending and winning games 1-0 it's putting the opposition on the back foot.

Wilds mindset has changed recently he needs to get back his confidence.

I think we will win today , he can say what he wants about Saturday , he won't come out and admit he was scared of them but deep down I bet he was , it will be forgotten if we are on 62 points at 5.00pm .

I thought 70 points would be enough but I think it will be less with a lot of sides in the top 10 playing each other , 62 with 4 left puts us in a great position.

Over to you Pete , POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.

I agree

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...