Senior 8 

summerfield 7

Green 8

Woods 6

Williams 6

Allen 7

Hyde 6

(Chadwick 5)

MOM Green, closely followed by Senior and Clarke.

I’m sure some of the negative folk on here will disagree with me but I don’t care!

I agree

• Like 1
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This kiss arse thinks we did OK based on the fact most thought we would get a tonking. You can't blame team selection on one mistake. Admitted we looked a little short up front & Allen maybe shoul

TBH PW is starting to remind me of so many managers in the past that seems to think too much of the opponents instead of building our team up, I still think we will scrape into the play offs though. H

Despite being one nil down, the most annoying thing about that half is the fact that someone decided to squeeze Stockport County's entire name into the little space next to their score, but didn't bot

Posted Images

Stockport never got of second gear today and absolutely controlled the game from start to finish.

We huffed and puffed but never seriously threatened them. Same against Wrexham and Hartlepool and Sutton. We are what we are......an inconsistent team capable of the brilliant and the ridiculous in the same measure.

Cleary punching above our weight

• Like 1

I think that Stockport were the most “ professional “ side we have come up against this season and the difference was what money can buy ie Paddy the goal scorer !

PW has assembled a decent side this season on a limited budget but we have some weak links , 

Senior is a footballer but has little football intelligence, Woods is a little long in the tooth as is Williams , things like this are the difference between having excess money and having, as town have , a normal budget .

Whilst Lady Luck may yet smile on us this season , I fear we have to wait for another Mulhall season , which may be a long wait ! 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, PRS said:

I think that Stockport were the most “ professional “ side we have come up against this season and the difference was what money can buy ie Paddy the goal scorer !

PW has assembled a decent side this season on a limited budget but we have some weak links , 

Senior is a footballer but has little football intelligence, Woods is a little long in the tooth as is Williams , things like this are the difference between having excess money and having, as town have , a normal budget .

Whilst Lady Luck may yet smile on us this season , I fear we have to wait for another Mulhall season , which may be a long wait ! 

Despite us losing today I’m still smiling 😁

Wilds game plan was the correct one. An individual error at the back and wrong choices by players up top is the reason why we aren’t talking about the result being the other way around.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, East Stand Ultra said:

Stockport never got of second gear today and absolutely controlled the game from start to finish.

We huffed and puffed but never seriously threatened them. Same against Wrexham and Hartlepool and Sutton. We are what we are......an inconsistent team capable of the brilliant and the ridiculous in the same measure.

Cleary punching above our weight

Agreed with most of that but what’s our weight?

Surely it’s the points were on which puts us high up the table?

Inconsistent? We have been inconsistent at home, but we have consistently bounced back and picked upon points throughout the season (ignoring the slow start).

We are what we are, but the table never lies, especially at the end of the season.

Punching  above our weight?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

It was like watching a cat playing with a mouse . Not sure what some fine margins some people were seeing . Once again Mr Wild had too little faith in his troops

5th v 4th and scared to death of them.

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

TBH PW is starting to remind me of so many managers in the past that seems to think too much of the opponents instead of building our team up, I still think we will scrape into the play offs though. He has to go back to positive thinking and play to our strengths.

Our strength is going forward not sitting back , we can't defend well enough to do that , it's ok saying they would have picked us off and hammered us but we don't know that, we went to Torquay who were top and outscored them playing attacking football , his approach to that game is a million miles away from what he is doing now .

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

TBH PW is starting to remind me of so many managers in the past that seems to think too much of the opponents instead of building our team up, I still think we will scrape into the play offs though. He has to go back to positive thinking and play to our strengths.

It’s called a game plan. All managers have them. You can’t just go all hung ho and hope you’ll score more than them. 

21 minutes ago, Monk said:

5th v 4th and scared to death of them.

Our strength is going forward not sitting back , we can't defend well enough to do that , it's ok saying they would have picked us off and hammered us but we don't know that, we went to Torquay who were top and outscored them playing attacking football , his approach to that game is a million miles away from what he is doing now .

We also had our 2 most creative players in King and Earing unavailable

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ash said:

You had only to look at our bench then compare it to theirs to see why we took a cautious approach. We lost King & Earing, big misses, it would have meant nothing if they had lossed similar.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Ash said:

I understand that and they are a big miss but it's not just yesterday , we seem to have gone into a bit of a shell and confidence to go at sides has either gone or the manager's mindset has changed.

This season our Achilles heal has been defending, individual errors , sitting back and inviting pressure your going to get more errors .

When we were playing well we still made defensive errors but we were creating chances and scoring so they weren't as costly.

Wild set up for a 0-0 draw against the league's leading scorers knowing we don't have a great defensive record , having a go might have lead to a heavy defeat but nobody would have complained still got 5 games to go against lesser opposition, it was a freebie for the manager and frustrating he didn't set up a bit more positive .

He should have treated it like a play off game as we could easily be facing them , instead he went into it like a chess match.

We look like conceeding in every game so play to our strengths and attack , while the ball is in the opponents half you can't make defensive errors.

• Like 1

We sat back for about 25 mins yesterday, the remainder of the rest of the half was even then we gave them a goal.

2nd half we 'had a go' most of the game spent in their half but we didnt have the quality.

To me player for player they were better thab us and i cant see how setting up differently would have changed that.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Ash said:

It’s called a game plan. All managers have them. You can’t just go all hung ho and hope you’ll score more than them. 

Why not? It's better than playing all deep and defensive and hoping we keep a clean sheet, I know which I would rather watch.

We have the players to suit ultra-attacking so let's go for it.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Ash said:

Well it didn´t work. Attacking is a better game plan.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ash said:

Well you can! We were defeated before we kicked a ball yesterday and wild bottled it. 

Why defend all game and have two attacking players on the pitch in a game you want to win. He clearly didn’t aim to win that game his aim was to TRY and get a point and it didn’t work. 

If I paid £20 to watch that yesterday I’d have been very pissed off seeing my team not go into a game to win it. 

Please done come back and say wild tried to win that game as he didn’t 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Grayski said:

Why not? It's better than playing all deep and defensive and hoping we keep a clean sheet, I know which I would rather watch.

We have the players to suit ultra-attacking so let's go for it.

This.

19 hours ago, Ash said:

Wilds game plan was the correct one. An individual error at the back and wrong choices by players up top is the reason why we aren’t talking about the result being the other way around.

Yet you criticised Jamie Fullarton for using the same game plan. It's ok for Perfect Pete to do it though 

• Like 3