• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nathan Clarke has been immense today.

Clarke man of the match for me won everything, read everything, marshalled everything.  Still going strong. How wrong some people can be.

I'll volunteer as today's know it all, and point out it should be "Braced" and not "Braised".

Ground another one out, Alty a solid side with a sprinkling of decent players so no mean feat.

Is Shaun Williams the one we had, if so he's been there a while, good player flogged to death by NA.

Just now, Roy Race said:

Ground another one out, Alty a solid side with a sprinkling of decent players so no mean feat.

Is Shaun Williams the one we had, if so he's been there a while, good player flogged to death by NA.

He is indeed 

Just now, Lewis said:

Clarke for me has been solid since his return but today was his best performance by a mile. There is definitely still life in him yet

I thought he had a great game today and has started bringing the ball out and finding a player with a pass. 

Well done Clarkey!!

Thats a huge win for us today. Alty are no mugs and are having as equally a good season as we are. Many might have thought it was a gimmy win, but it was far from it. 

Keep chipping away, the playoff picture is looking better as each passing round of games go. 

4 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

Clarke man of the match for me won everything, read everything, marshalled everything.  Still going strong. How wrong some people can be.

How dare you give him mom!

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Good gritty win that. They’re the games we need to win and glad to keep a clean sheet. 

We will beat Wrexham Tuesday 

Go on Thomas give Clarkey some credit it won't hurt you.

• Haha 3

Very good win. Alty are no mugs and it was a tough pitch to play on. As others mention above, Nathan Clarke absolutely brilliant. MOM by a mile. Everyone else put in a shift but he definitely stood out.

Only slight criticism would be dropping back last 20 minutes or so and once again not dealing convincingly with the second phase on set pieces. Other than that, our shape was very good and we were hard to beat. Big 3 points 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, chadders said:

Go on Thomas give Clarkey some credit it won't hurt you.

He's studiously ignoring any mention of MOM Captain Clarke & Johnson's contribution with superb saves:D

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Nathan Clarke 10 ot of 10 today. Leadership, quality and desire to win!!!! He has his critics on this forum, but he has produced today 

Was the perfect type of game for him today 

Clarke was very good today and good to see. Did some great blocks and led the back line very well. 

Not just me who has mentioned wanting Clarke on the bench but it is good to see him doing what he does “best” again. 

Good win and a clean sheet happy days! 

3 points against Wrexham easy

Terrible doggied game today, horrible pitch, Clake had his best game as Alty played into his hands, Earing only touch of class but MOTM to me Big Sam. Alty at the Shay was as good as any team we have played. Mention also to Hyde heads a ball on the lines of the great Dennis Law seems to be able to spring up and hold in midair.

Excellent 3 points, onwards & upwards.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Nathan Clarke 10 ot of 10 today. Leadership, quality and desire to win!!!! He has his critics on this forum, but he has produced today 

Double edged sword. Played well today did Clarke,however the fluidity & intensity has gone out of the team. 

We are not the same attacking threat. 

Braised for the know it alls to have a pop.