• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nathan Clarke has been immense today.

Clarke man of the match for me won everything, read everything, marshalled everything.  Still going strong. How wrong some people can be.

I'll volunteer as today's know it all, and point out it should be "Braced" and not "Braised".

I’m in a minority and agree with the commentators. The pitch is causing problems for both sides. Tough pitch to play on. Some very dodgy bobbles and I’m worried every time the ball heads goal wards because of it. Alty play on it regularly so they will be used to it but it’s completely different to what we are used to. I’d like a second. I think that would kill the game based on the first half in all honesty. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If King and Allen can going down the right we look like we could get some success 

Yes we look a little hesitant to give it a go down that side, Allen needs to go past the fullback on the outside & cross. The fullback is offering him inside he then runs into other defenders with no end product.

How useful is it to have two players who are as good with both feet as Earing and King? Don’t see it often at this level. Earing is that good with both feet the commentators think he’s left footed when I’m fairly sure he’s right footed.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Yes we look a little hesitant to give it a go down that side, Allen needs to go past the fullback on the outside & cross. The fullback is offering him inside he then runs into other defenders with no end product.

We've ignored the overlap on the right a couple of times, which is fine if we can create more problems by going inside, but if the ball goes to Earing's right foot, we have to go back again to go forwards.

6 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Allen never does that always cuts back inside that is the frustrating part of the game for me

• Like 1
Just now, StVn1987 said:

If we don't have an option on Earing we won't see him after this season. Too good for this league now. Even if we have an option I can see some league clubs willing to pay a fee.

Agree. Can they still sign him up? 

27 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Referee blew for a free kick then decided it was half time & blew for that, surely the free kick should have taken place.

No. If time was up he should blow for half time. It is rare for refs to do this correctly. The only thing that should delay a final or half time whistle is a penalty.

Edited by andrich
  • Like 1