• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nathan Clarke has been immense today.

Clarke man of the match for me won everything, read everything, marshalled everything.  Still going strong. How wrong some people can be.

I'll volunteer as today's know it all, and point out it should be "Braced" and not "Braised".

1 hour ago, townmad said:

I can't see Earing being with us next season, it would be good if we could get him to sign a contract to give us a chance of a decent fee.

Agree...he will not be here next season..

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

If he carries on till the end of the season as he is now then he will go with my best wishes as I feel he can give us a big shout at the FL. 

Young lad...needs and will player at a higher level then FC Halifax Town.. Our board will not be able to offer him a top contact\£££. That's way of lower league football. 

8 minutes ago, Monk said:

I keep expecting that kick in the teeth but it's not coming , this squad knows how to win.

Think we have had several kicks in the teeth with the number of serious injuries but have managed to ride these out with younger players stepping up. Hopefully it is now full steam ahead with a little luck along the way.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, nw3casc1 said:

Young lad...needs and will player at a higher level then FC Halifax Town.. Our board will not be able to offer him a top contact\£££. That's way of lower league football. 

I would be doing everything I could to keep him if I were DB/PW (as long as it doesn’t put the long term future of the club at risk). Our best chance is to get promoted. 

50 minutes ago, Jmc said:

If we don’t get promoted and earring leaves for free , just feels like waste of tine and effort  

It is disappointing when we see a young player develop under out tutelage and then lose them without earning a fee. It’s great to see them playing higher up but how can lower league clubs progress without transfer fees. 

l think we will see Earing playing in the Championship in the next few years and who knows even higher, especially if he continues to  progress like ha has in the last 12 months. What a player and a delight to watch. His goal today was absolute class. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Glenners said:

It is disappointing when we see a young player develop under out tutelage and then lose them without earning a fee. It’s great to see them playing higher up but how can lower league clubs progress without transfer fees. 

l think we will see Earing playing in the Championship in the next few years and who knows even higher, especially if he continues to  progress like ha has in the last 12 months. What a player and a delight to watch. His goal today was absolute class. 

Would he leave for free, if we offer him a contract, due to his age, won’t we be entitled to compensation?

• Like 1

0-1 away win is the best result in football.

Everyone comes off the field feeling they have done a good job. The Keeper and defenders for the nil part, the strikers for the 1 part and the midfield claim a hand in both parts. In fact a total team effort, no pointing fingers, like when it’s 3-2 there’s always a bit of a bitch about something.

A real seriously good result.

No team will win anything if they need 3 goals every match in order to win. You need to be able to get 0-1.

Pete Wild’s substitutions were spot on. Summerfield and Woods quickly got a grip in midfield and Mr Maher snuffed out their winger when moved to full back.

We were comfortable throughout in a very tricky game.

Roll on Wrexham.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

As I have stated before as long as we offer a contract a tribunal will decide compo due to being under 23, probably not a lot but at least something.

Correct. Is it 2 or 3 seasons we’ll had had Earing at the end of this one? Won’t be as much as a proper transfer fee, but better than nothing.

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

0-1 away win is the best result in football.

Everyone comes off the field feeling they have done a good job. The Keeper and defenders for the nil part, the strikers for the 1 part and the midfield claim a hand in both parts. In fact a total team effort, no pointing fingers, like when it’s 3-2 there’s always a bit of a bitch about something.

A real seriously good result.

No team will win anything if they need 3 goals every match in order to win. You need to be able to get 0-1.

Pete Wild’s substitutions were spot on. Summerfield and Woods quickly got a grip in midfield and Mr Maher snuffed out their winger when moved to full back.

We were comfortable throughout in a very tricky game.

Roll on Wrexham.

Anyone got coverage of the goal? 

3 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

So he isn't good enough for our team then? 

Maher in Centre back and hardy starts or hardy on the bench. Of course he is good enough I never said he wasn’t. Probably just you making it up again as usual. 

Edited by TJAshton
7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Maher in Centre back and hardy starts or hardy on the bench. Of course he is good enough I never said he wasn’t. Probably just you making it up again as usual. 

Hardy doesn't start above Earing and isn't a replacement for Green, Woods or Summerfield. So I do not see where he gets into our team. Yes in the squad inplace of Spence or Tear