2 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Double edged sword. Played well today did Clarke,however the fluidity & intensity has gone out of the team. 

We are not the same attacking threat. 

Braised for the know it alls to have a pop. 

Same point as I make on the Sam thread.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nathan Clarke has been immense today.

Clarke man of the match for me won everything, read everything, marshalled everything.  Still going strong. How wrong some people can be.

I'll volunteer as today's know it all, and point out it should be "Braced" and not "Braised".

5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Not just me who has mentioned wanting Clarke on the bench but it is good to see him doing what he does “best” again. 

3 points against Wrexham easy

Agree T J you are not the only one wanting Clarke on the bench somebody called Ashy1966 agrees with you Hope TSS does score today as breakfast tomorrow in your household will be a sombre affair. Instead of passing the toast to one another you will be hoofing it across the table

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That was a game that was made for Clarkey. We sat deep and invited them on but gave them no "out" in our half, which meant that they were playing mostly speculative balls into our box or behind our defence. This is where such an experienced head comes in. He reads the game so well and so he was able to pick most of the passes off. He was, indeed, very good today but he wouldn`t be in my starting line up normally. BUT, he would deffo be on the bench and he MUST be kept in the club whatever!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Terrible doggied game today, horrible pitch, Clake had his best game as Alty played into his hands, Earing only touch of class but MOTM to me Big Sam. Alty at the Shay was as good as any team we have played. Mention also to Hyde heads a ball on the lines of the great Dennis Law seems to be able to spring up and hold in midair.

Excellent 3 points, onwards & upwards.

Hyde did a great job today. No frills just good battling 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Double edged sword. Played well today did Clarke,however the fluidity & intensity has gone out of the team. 

We are not the same attacking threat. 

Braised for the know it alls to have a pop. 

Ridiculous assessment Clarke,s distribution was far superior to Bradbury and Byrne Clarke was the one telling them to not play deep Fluidity comes from the midfield not from a centre back

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Agree T J you are not the only one wanting Clarke on the bench somebody called Ashy1966 agrees with you Hope TSS does score today as breakfast tomorrow in your household will be a sombre affair. Instead of passing the toast to one another you will be hoofing it across the table

And id say 10 others on the forum also agree and many others on social media but don’t let that get in the way of you loving to have a go eyyyy! 

Unfortunately we don’t live in the same household so your last point is invalid 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, arryarry said:

That was a game that was made for Clarkey. We sat deep and invited them on but gave them no "out" in our half, which meant that they were playing mostly speculative balls into our box or behind our defence. This is where such an experienced head comes in. He reads the game so well and so he was able to pick most of the passes off. He was, indeed, very good today but he wouldn`t be in my starting line up normally. BUT, he would deffo be on the bench and he MUST be kept in the club whatever!

Since Nathan has been back from injury and around the club I believe he has been marshalling the defence in training as well which shows but like you he would be on the bench and come on if we need to shoulder up.

1 minute ago, Bill Atkins said:

Ridiculous assessment Clarke,s distribution was far superior to Bradbury and Byrne Clarke was the one telling them to not play deep Fluidity comes from the midfield not from a centre back

Clarke was constantly the only halifax player you could hear on the coverage, squeeze up was a regular shout, not what you normally hear from a defence sitting deep. Sadly some will not give Clarkey any credit. "Only played well because Alty played into his hands" don't make me laugh, the guy still has plenty to offer.

Big decisions for the manager now with Summerfield and Woods back. Loads of options all over the pitch for the first time this season.

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Clarke was constantly the only halifax player you could hear on the coverage, squeeze up was a regular shout, not what you normally hear from a defence sitting deep. Sadly some will not give Clarkey any credit. "Only played well because Alty played into his hands" don't make me laugh, the guy still has plenty to offer.

Big decisions for the manager now with Summerfield and Woods back. Loads of options all over the pitch for the first time this season.

hmmmm 

Edited by TJAshton
2 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

If you say so. If Clarke was telling them not to play deep. Clearly they were not listening. Intensity comes from how quick you distribute the ball from the back. 

Anyway we won so happy days. 

• Like 1

Seriously though, we now have games coming fast and furious up to May 1st, so we need to steady ourselves when we can. Thankfully, our injury situation is improving.

What could possibly go wrong now?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Keep going bully boy

6 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Nothing but credit for Clarke today. You see what you want to see. 

Edited by ashy1966
  • Like 1

The Walsh brothers will be creaming their pants tonight.

Papa Lazarou & Ash will be having a takeaway together 

Shaymen0, Roy Race & Bill Atkins will be having a nice romantic meal 

After Clarke’s world class performance today. 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

hmmmm 

I think he just needed some time to get match fit and fit in back 4 well again. In previous games I felt nervous when opponents attacked. Not today. Well done Clarke. He’s got more nouse than most defenders and always a great header of the ball. Him and Williams played well. In fact no one had a bad game. All did their jobs. Great win. 

5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

And id say 10 others on the forum also agree and many others on social media but don’t let that get in the way of you loving to have a go eyyyy! 

Unfortunately we don’t live in the same household so your last point is invalid 

Is ten the magic number that makes an opinion correct? how many people contribute on this forum who consider Clarke is OK. The man that counts thinks he is worthy of his place in the team.

9 minutes ago, kit said:

I'll volunteer as today's know it all, and point out it should be "Braced" and not "Braised".

Noticed he'd made a hash of it but didn't want to make it into a big bouf.

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

The Walsh brothers will be creaming their pants tonight.

Papa Lazarou & Ash will be having a takeaway together 

Shaymen0, Roy Race & Bill Atkins will be having a nice romantic meal 

After Clarke’s world class performance today. 

They do say football is a universal language and unites people. 

• Haha 1

The whole team played well 

and to have senior summerfield and woods come on as subs just shows how strong we were today 

Clarke time was MOM he won everything in the air but he always does.. but today he played the ball out from defence .. 

johnson get a mention.. not have too much to do ., but did it all when it was needed .. 

nobody weak to today we pressed them all game .. lost count how many time they had a throw in mid way into our half .. 3 touches later they passed it back to their keeper .. there keeper probably had more touches than any player .  They at time couldn’t get out of there Half .. 

that game was a perfect one nil.,players worked hard without having to exhaust themselves .. good to go on Tuesday 

• Like 1