RIP. Met him when I served in the RN. He asked me if I was married I said yes.  He said where did you meet I said Belfast while visiting on another ship.  He said so was that a good visit.  Then when he was leaving the ship his cap blew off into Portsmouth harbour. Should have heard the language that he came out with. Very funny

• Like 2
3 hours ago, andrich said:

But yes I agree with you. My daughter worked for him, and now for the current archbishop. Quite a character.

Sentamu is what institutions like the church need....I am not religious in any way but he’s a really engaging bloke. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Nick said:

Wouldnt swap the queen for a macron a trump a Biden ., nope you can keep your presidents .. executive or constitutional .. 

but each to his own :) 

Me too imaging the PM´s running wild if not having to answer to the monarchy on their weekly visit or human rights under a dictator.

But each to their own🙂. As the saying goes be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Me too imaging the PM´s running wild if not having to answer to the monarchy on their weekly visit or human rights under a dictator.

But each to their own🙂. As the saying goes be careful what you wish for.

To be fair Steve, its the HofL that keeps the government in check! The monarch has no power.

41 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

To be fair Steve, its the HofL that keeps the government in check! The monarch has no power.

She actually has the power to sack the PM. Also is not afraid to tell them what she thinks of them.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

She actually has the power to sack the PM. Also is not afraid to tell them what she thinks of them.

It must be like going to see the headmistress, a daunting prospect & for that am sure HRH does have a positive impact on any PM's behaviour & actions.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, obmij77 said:

Sentamu is what institutions like the church need....I am not religious in any way but he’s a really engaging bloke. 

I ran the Yorkshire marathon a few years back and he was 'supporting' in the middle of the road somewhere around mile 18 high-fiving everyone. Most unusual!

• Haha 1