RIP Prince Phillip

R.I.P Prince Phillip .

Wicked sense of humour or just foolish comments you would not expect someone in his position to say  , it was difficult to tell .

From his slitty eyed comments to a group of British students in China to "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass their test " he asked a Scottish driving instructor on a royal visit to Edinburgh.

His best one on a visit to Australia he asked a group of Aboriginals if they still threw spears.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Monk said:

R.I.P Prince Phillip .

Wicked sense of humour or just foolish comments you would not expect someone in his position to say  , it was difficult to tell .

From his slitty eyed comments to a group of British students in China to "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass their test " he asked a Scottish driving instructor on a royal visit to Edinburgh.

His best one on a visit to Australia he asked a group of Aboriginals if they still threw spears.

Always thought he was trying to lighten the mood .. the majority of British people have always had an ability to laugh at ourselves and he could do that .. unfortunately some people ( and nationalities) just can’t do that and take humour as insults 

• Like 1

Whilst on holiday in Kirkcudbright in 2008 Queen and Prince  Philip turned up for a visit they were looking at the fishing boats in the harbour. Some sort of shell fish oyster or Scallop was on the ground next  to Prince Philip he saw it bent down picked it up and put it in his jacket pocket very strange.

Other thing about that day it peed it down all day until about 10 minutes before the Royal arrived. Sun came out beautiful weather. Ten minutes after they left the heavens  opened for the rest of the day. Talk  about divine intervention. 

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

Always thought he was trying to lighten the mood .. the majority of British people have always had an ability to laugh at ourselves and he could do that .. unfortunately some people ( and nationalities) just can’t do that and take humour as insults 

Agree , British people have banter , we laugh and take the mickey out of each other all harmless fun , misinterpreted in other countries as abusive .

I think Prince Phillip's comments to individuals and groups while on Royal Duties were meant in fun but I think he went too far sometimes like asking a Maori women who gave him a gift "You are a woman?"

Or telling a schoolboy he was too fat to be an Astronaut .

I don't think he had a filter and said first thing that came into his head.

My mother was always a big Royalty fan. Strangely my parents were the same age as Philip and the Queen. I suppose in their younger days they were the celebrities of their time that everybody followed what they were doing.

Not a big fan myself but RIP.

I always think the Queen will outlast me but maybe not. Makes you wonder how she will cope at her time of life.

18 minutes ago, Monk said:

Agree , British people have banter , we laugh and take the mickey out of each other all harmless fun , misinterpreted in other countries as abusive .

I think Prince Phillip's comments to individuals and groups while on Royal Duties were meant in fun but I think he went too far sometimes like asking a Maori women who gave him a gift "You are a woman?"

Or telling a schoolboy he was too fat to be an Astronaut .

I don't think he had a filter and said first thing that came into his head.

I know ..but I couldn’t help but laugh at your laugh examples .. but I agree with filter comment .. but so many don’t 

9 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

My mother was always a big Royalty fan. Strangely my parents were the same age as Philip and the Queen. I suppose in their younger days they were the celebrities of their time that everybody followed what they were doing.

Not a big fan myself but RIP.

I always think the Queen will outlast me but maybe not. Makes you wonder how she will cope at her time of life.

I am sure she will pass a 100 .. does she send herself a telegram then ?