Match commentators at the Shay, and streaming

It is all a bit 'Fred Karno' and amateurish but at the end of the day I would rather have money spent on players than fancy media stuff, frustrating though it is at times.

The worst was actually on Monday when the camera was unable to scan to the left. God help us if a goal had been missed.

Perhaps we need a Poll. We seem to have one for most things!

For everyone saying it’s not the commentators fault etc I ain’t seen many comments on social media or anyone on here saying it’s the commentators fault for how bad the stream is. Which yes the stream is garbage but the club have stated that and give us reasons why. 

The commentators I’ve had on mute for a while now so I don’t really hear what they say anymore but I just found them very one sided and biased so muted them one game last year but all together they’re a good set of lads and I wouldn’t have the balls to do it neither would many so credit to them in that aspect. 

• Like 2

To be honest ive seen nothing ever aimed at the commentators, just the stream but the way the world is now,  people take anything to heart nowadays. In my opinion they do a good job but if want to walk away let them. Another side of social media is posts like 1 of the commentators made saying not sure if wants to continue anymore etc, its an attention seeking post. For me they do a great job, i couldn't do it but if cant handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen. Even the  best commentators in football will get some criticism, dont worry about it and dont take it personally 

Well done oldskir. Just what I was thinking. The lads are novices and doing their best. I hope they know that their work is appreciated by most of us and that they will carry on. Social media is a real problem and you only have to look at some of the abuse rained down on some footballers at the moment. We are all different; many can take nasty comments from a keyboard warrior with a pinch of salt, block them and move on. Others not so much. It made me think of the poor Yeovil lad. Nobody knows why he did what he did but hopefully something like abuse didn’t contribute. Best if you have nothing good do say, say nowt. But of course you won’t persuade the morons unfortunately.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

It is all a bit 'Fred Karno' and amateurish but at the end of the day I would rather have money spent on players than fancy media stuff, frustrating though it is at times.

The worst was actually on Monday when the camera was unable to scan to the left. God help us if a goal had been missed.

Perhaps we need a Poll. We seem to have one for most things!

If we are going to have a Pole can we make sure he is a sparky and can fix the camera

The Commentator and player who were on the live stream against Aldershot were complete and utter biased tools, especially their player (out injured) who was a total muppet!

Our lads are world beaters compared with them. I actually don't think they do a bad job to be fair.

I wouldn't like to do it. However, that camera needs it's tracking sorting and it needs zooming in.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Long may they continue in and around the club and those who moan, give it a rest. Is this really the biggist injustice and problem you are facing in your life!! Miserable sods. 

We really do have the biggest set of moaning, whinging, peevish, grumbling set of supporters I have ever come across, even when we win!!!

You've just got to sit in the East stand to witness it first hand....thankfully they are in the minority...

Moan over😄

Edited by woody
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, woody said:

We really do have the biggest set of moaning, whinging, peevish, groumbling set of supporters I have ever come across, even when we win!!!

You've just got to sit in the East stand to witness it first hand....thankfully they are in the minority...

Everybody is entitled to a moan, i do it myself, but theres just no reasoning with many of them. They are perpetually miserable no matter what life throws at them. 

Leave them to it, the majority know our lads do a good job. Its been crazy times with this pandemic and things like streaming has been forced upon us whilst we are trying to keep our head above water. I hate having to stream but thats life and I'll suck it up until we can go back. Fair play to all those who try tbeir best and throw their hat in to try snd make a difference. Life isnt perfect and nor should our stream, club, team, commentary be so. 

• Like 1

like to the commentators, i know i couldnt do it, and yes i get frustrated with the stream, but as i live in norway being able to watch the games has been a really great bonus, i will miss it next year when we are playing in league two.

New Comms Team.

PW-We´re punching above our weight

DB- We can only afford 7 stoners on our budget.

PW- King shoots lifts the back of the net 1-0

DB- and they have a bigger budget than us.

PW- Allen down the wing he´s going the extra mile he´s off the pitch up the north bank, he´s going shopping to Sainsberry´s

DB- Tell the bloody idiot to get to Aldis we have the lowest budget.

PW- Final whistle we win 1-0 that´s another one for Hyde.

DB- This should be a good time to ask for a fund raiser.

PLEASE PLEAS don´t put us through it your doing a great job lads.

Not got a problem with the commentators. I think they do a decent job for something which is a lot more difficult than it may seem. With regard to the stream, I understand the club not wanting to spend a fortune but I am sure they could make some adjustments to improve it. There is a definite problem in moving to the left. Monday showed that and we also missed a goal earlier in the season at that side. Whenever there is a corner it appears to zoom out which makes it almost impossible to tell what is happening. I would thought that there should be some way of adjusting the camera to overcome these problems. Having had a moan I still look forward to being able to watch the match.

1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

The only decent stream comes out of one of the commentators noses.

Hahaha, sniffing a lot....wish he'd blow it occasionally...moan over!