7 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

If you needed a signal to back Town, here it is!  

Worth a tenner if you are happy to lose a tenner. 

Would be great to see us promoted or even go atleast one step further than what we got last season at Boreham Wood. 

But my money would be on Stockport 

To be fair, Chesterfield are probably the value bet in there.   8/1 I think and for the first time in ages they seem to have made a reasonable decision on the manager front. I bet they have put all of their loans on that one, which is probably why they took them out.  Stockport, like all bankrolled teams, lack the heart and the club is just not stable as it burns money in the desperate scramble for promotion.  Stability and success in football are often linked. I expect it to all end in tears at Edgeley Park.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I'm very tempted at that price.

Got to agree. Of course we can be extremely subjective looking at our own chances and given most of us know very little about the ins and outs at our rivals it is easy to 'big up' our chances. But 33/1 is a cracking price given where we are after such an horrendous injury hit season. With Summerfield coming back and Hyde hitting form we are looking pretty good right now. Learn to take more of our chances and cut out the mistakes at the back and we will be tough to stop on our day. Very few games this season that we have been outplayed, even against the top sides so we have every chance if we make the play-offs. 

• Like 1

There is profit to be had there as JMC says - bet to lay.

The only "risk" is if Town fail to make the playoffs, in which case you lose your stake. 

I'd put us as odd on for a Playoff finish in truth, 13/10 is slightly generous but I wouldn't be temped on a single there due to the return. I'd have expected us to be closer to 4/5 in all honesty when you look at the teams run ins. We have an easier run in than all those around us, plus home advantage for a lot of the games.

To the playoffs, 33's is good on the bet to lay market, as the realistic outcome for Town is a 6th or 7th placed finish. This would put us with 2 away games at the 2nd/3rd seed and then more than likely away at the team that wins the other side of the draw, then the final at Wembley. We are then effectively looking at three games where we would be odd against. Looking at the teams likely to be seeded 2-5, even when away, I'd not put us out at 3/1 on many (Maybe Stockport and Hartlepool at a push)

However, lets say we are 3/1 against v Hartlepool (2nd v 7th), we get through that and we are 3/1 against v Stockport - you are looking at a 15/1 payout odds on those. Whoever you play in the final - if your in the final then its going to be tight. An Evens call would be a payout at 31/1 on those odds. 

Yet, lets be fair, most on here would happily put £10 at 33/1 and lay it all to net if it meant we got promoted. 

TLDR - Bet on Town at 33/1, and if they make the Playoffs bet on the opposition in each round to guarantee a profit. You will either make a profit, or you will break even but Town will be promoted. The only risk is Town NOT making the playoffs. 

Edited by Flea
5 minutes ago, lonesomedove said:

13 to 10 means 1300 if they get in play offs with 100 bet  is that how it works ?

No, you would win £130 

Number before the / is multiplied by the number after the /

So 13/10 is the equivalent to £1.30 won for every £1 bet. 

A £100 bet at 13/10 would net you £130 in winnings (So you would get £230 in total back - £130 winnings plus your £100 stake) 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Just had another £25 on as well , long as we make the playoffs should guarantee few hundred profit either way , they’re very generous odds 

I think Bet365 have dropped a bollock, they still have the league table on their site as pre-Dover changes. Good for punters for once.

3 hours ago, Jmc said:

Just had £25 at 33/1 can’t lose , if we get to the playoffs I’ll just lay us each game and still make nice profit 

Obviously not as well heeled as you mate but l put a tenner on us earlier and like you rightly point out just lay us of against each team we play and still be in the money. Every year for donkeys years l put a bet on for Town to get promoted and guess what....the year we won the Conference l didnt. We were 66/1 too l think......dho!

Edited by woody