league 2 here we come 

Believe and it will happen.😃

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Believe and it will happen.😃

I do ! 
think this team is far better than last years 

and despite the poor start and the injuries here we are in a play off spot with the destiny in our own hands 

we can go toe to toe with chesterfield stockport notts County torquay hartlepool .. the old Div 4 teams 

in fact we play better against the teams than the weymouths.. 

we didnt make it easy against Weymouth yesterday .. and we were struggling against them at Weymouth until their fan ran in the pitch .. 

but against the better sides we are so much better 

Edited by Nick

One thing I find interesting about the table this season is that all the teams in the play offs are what you would traditionally call ‘big’ clubs at this level, with a history of league experience. The only exception being Sutton sitting in first. I feel like I’m the past few seasons it hasn’t been weighted like that so much, with many more ‘smaller’ (and bankrolled) clubs making up the spots - Harrogate, FGR, Salford, Boreham Wood, etc.

With no relegation this season I think clubs like Weymouth are more relaxed without the pressure of looking at the table and seeing how precarious it would be .

Same for other clubs who cannot get a play off place , instead of what you would think they would do which is be unable to motivate themselves and just go through the motions , instead they are more relaxed and playing better.

It is throwing up some odd results and making it a tighter league , only Barnet cannot mathematically win the league , with clubs on average having only about 10 games to go it seems strange how tight it is .

51 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

One thing I find interesting about the table this season is that all the teams in the play offs are what you would traditionally call ‘big’ clubs at this level, with a history of league experience. The only exception being Sutton sitting in first. I feel like I’m the past few seasons it hasn’t been weighted like that so much, with many more ‘smaller’ (and bankrolled) clubs making up the spots - Harrogate, FGR, Salford, Boreham Wood, etc.

Yes it is a sign of the current times I suppose, we do have a lot of teams in this league who are bigger than quite a few league 2 teams. I also keep wondering if there is there any link with a plastic pitch and league position, Harrogate last year, Sutton this year?  I know Bromley have one too, so it doesn't follow that it equals a promotion place.  Sutton haven't lost at home for a while and that gives you momentum.  Either way, if Sutton do stay the course, they won't last two minutes in the league and probably will land back down in Conference South within the next 5 years or so.  It is slightly embarrassing that they might go up.

Back to us though, if we are at full strength, or close to that, for remainder of the season, then we should make the play offs. Again, if we go into the play offs at full strength, we will be a tricky team to beat and nobody will be wanting to play against us this time.  If we won the play offs, which is only a distant dream at this point, being realistic we would need a hell of  a refit to compete in league 2.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

Yes it is a sign of the current times I suppose, we do have a lot of teams in this league who are bigger than quite a few league 2 teams. I also keep wondering if there is there any link with a plastic pitch and league position, Harrogate last year, Sutton this year?  I know Bromley have one too, so it doesn't follow that it equals a promotion place.  Sutton haven't lost at home for a while and that gives you momentum.  Either way, if Sutton do stay the course, they won't last two minutes in the league and probably will land back down in Conference South within the next 5 years or so.  It is slightly embarrassing that they might go up.

Back to us though, if we are at full strength, or close to that, for remainder of the season, then we should make the play offs. Again, if we go into the play offs at full strength, we will be a tricky team to beat and nobody will be wanting to play against us this time.  If we won the play offs, which is only a distant dream at this point, being realistic we would need a hell of  a refit to compete in league 2.

i do think a plastic pitch makes a difference i would say 10 home points extra in a season .. that puts you in contention and getting home results puts the winning mentatlity in a team 

to me we should all have them or nobody should have them 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

Sparrow they only have to score one goal which every team is doing.  Can we score two or more goals every game.  Answer is no. 

I get what your saying...I just get the feeling all the injuries are clearing up and we have a very strong squad everyone fighting for a place...Hyde stays fit we will score at least two a game...the momentum we will have if we keep everyone fit I can't see us losing tbh..still think we could get second or third and I would be very confident of going up

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

I get what your saying...I just get the feeling all the injuries are clearing up and we have a very strong squad everyone fighting for a place...Hyde stays fit we will score at least two a game...the momentum we will have if we keep everyone fit I can't see us losing tbh..still think we could get second or third and I would be very confident of going up

This is Halifax Town, as Pete Wild says that's the "utopia" but we all know we will lose games that we really shouldn't be doing and win ones we think we have no chance in. 

Because of the position we are in we'd have to show Sutton like consistency and we haven't done that most of the year. The last 9 games is as consistent as we have been all year. 

Before that we'd win a couple. Then not win in 3 and so on like that. 

Edited by Greggs
2 hours ago, Greggs said:

This is Halifax Town, as Pete Wild says that's the "utopia" but we all know we will lose games that we really shouldn't be doing and win ones we think we have no chance in. 

Because of the position we are in we'd have to show Sutton like consistency and we haven't done that most of the year. The last 9 games is as consistent as we have been all year. 

Before that we'd win a couple. Then not win in 3 and so on like that. 

Yes it's hard been consistent but that's going to happen with all the injuries...no more injuries and we are in with a shout