It's tight as hell, a couple of wins and we are set, a few defeats and its all but over.

12 games to go, it is nice to be in the mix - and that again for so many consecutive seasons we are worried about the football we are playing rather than what is going on off the pitch that could cause a threat to the club. 

Heading in the right direction indeed. 

• Like 1

Tight but its in our hands, game in hand on majority of teams below us and a better goal difference than them chasing us. A long way to go and will be a few bumps along the way.  Saturday wrexham play stockport and notts county play hartlepool, so playoff rivals to be dropping points, hopefully we can do our job at alty

7 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Today has a Saturday feel for some strange reason, I've got to remember when I go to bed that tomorrow is Tuesday and I need to be up with the dawn chorus

I started my very early retirement on Friday, I have to remember not to get up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

That´s it you´ll never get a day off again.😆

Found that out already, my job list is quite long.....moving to my place in South West France when the moment is right, motorbike tours of the Pyrenees beckon (if I can get a quiet minute).  OK, I am not being realistic about that last bit am I?

Edited by francisfirth
2 hours ago, francisfirth said:

Found that out already, my job list is quite long.....moving to my place in South West France when the moment is right, motorbike tours of the Pyrenees beckon (if I can get a quiet minute).  OK, I am not being realistic about that last bit am I?

You are lucky, I dont meet the Spanish financial criteria to be able to move to my place in spain!

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

You are lucky, I dont meet the Spanish financial criteria to be able to move to my place in spain!

You were lucky. when I was a lad we did not even know where Spain was.....Mablethorpe was as far as we ever got.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I’m not bothered about a bloody form table. I’m bothered about the actual table that matters 

TJ what it shows is that the gradual move up the table we are making is backed up by results, even if they are 3-2 or 1-0.

Yes, the actual league table is the only thing that matters but what about hartlepool who have played 4 games more than most teams? At some point there will be a day of reckoning, as they have to face Chesterfield, Notts County and Sutton in amongst their remaining 9 games. Add in Boreham Wood and Bromley away then it is unlikely they will muster the max points they can achieve, which is only 2 more than the Shaymen.

5 hours ago, ITMAN said:

TJ what it shows is that the gradual move up the table we are making is backed up by results, even if they are 3-2 or 1-0.

Yes, the actual league table is the only thing that matters but what about hartlepool who have played 4 games more than most teams? At some point there will be a day of reckoning, as they have to face Chesterfield, Notts County and Sutton in amongst their remaining 9 games. Add in Boreham Wood and Bromley away then it is unlikely they will muster the max points they can achieve, which is only 2 more than the Shaymen.

Yes but I hate to be a gloomy gus but we still have Chesterfield. Stockport. Wrexham and Bromley to play at home as well as Chesterfield away we ain't getting maximum points from that. I cant see us catching Hartlepool as much as we have games in hand we wont win them all 

Edited by Greggs
7 minutes ago, ColinCanberra said:

Forget promotion if we can’t keep a clean sheet to teams like Weymouth 

Why... if you outscore the opposition you win... Weymouth beat Stockport home and away this season. Weymouth scored 3 v Torquay in a 4 3 defeat. Weymouth also beat Hartlepool 1-0. Clean sheets would be a bonus but 3 points is what matters, nothing else

• Like 1

The playoff spot is ours to lose..no one behind us can catch us with games in hand and we have done fantastic to get where we are with all the injuries we have had...still a couple of big players to come back aswell so as fans we should all be HAPPY...not one team as looked any better than us when we are on form I fear no other team and don't see why we can't get a playoff spot and get promoted...stid

• Like 3
8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

You were lucky. when I was a lad we did not even know where Spain was.....Mablethorpe was as far as we ever got.

Ha, Sandsend was where we went! My gran lived near Whitby.