1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Clarke played well today but i want Byrne Maher and Bradbury as our back 3 as its the strongest we have, fastest and most comfortable on the ball. Nobody can think having Clarke there strengthens our team as it doesn't 

I’m sure when everyone is fit that will be the line up

• Like 3
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allen bust a gut to get into those positions in the first place. He won our penalty today too.  Lads, go for a beer and a clog dance, we won! 

Agree.....why do some members of this forum always pick on one player.....we all  know how good our captain has been in his career...still can and will do a job for us...he did a lot of work in school

The stream is very very poor but to knock Kirky the commentator and his pundit is totally unfair. I think Kirky is very good. I've (although reputed to be the best Bingo caller in Brighouse) never had

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Sounds like we laboured after the break

Still massively the better team 2nd half just didnt take our chances, they didnt really create much. We had shots at the keeper, poor decisions when on the break with extra men and the new lad from Huddersfield hit the bar. 

13 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Still massively the better team 2nd half just didnt take our chances, they didnt really create much. We had shots at the keeper, poor decisions when on the break with extra men and the new lad from Huddersfield hit the bar. 

And cleared off the line...somehow 

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

The biggest problem with having Clarke in defence is it means Maher plays midfield. 

Be interesting to see when Summerfield is back next week if Maher moves back or Clarke stays in there. 

33 minutes ago, greygoose said:

The biggest problem with having Clarke in defence is it means Maher plays midfield. 

The biggest problem with having Summerfield and Woods out means Maher needs to play in midfield.

Who knows for certain who scored today? We know the first was Hyde. In both the club website report and the Courier, they say that Bradbury got the second, but in both cases in the stats at the end of the report they say Byrne! As for the 3rd goal, I thought we all knew that it was King, but in Wild’s interview he says that Hyde scored 2 goals! Is it me...?

For all the people that insist we have a keeper on the bench.

The game ended 2-2 with Pools playing over 50 minutes with Rhys Oates in goal and coming from behind twice to rescue a point. Dave Challinor’s 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, andrich said:

Who knows for certain who scored today? We know the first was Hyde. In both the club website report and the Courier, they say that Bradbury got the second, but in both cases in the stats at the end of the report they say Byrne! As for the 3rd goal, I thought we all knew that it was King, but in Wild’s interview he says that Hyde scored 2 goals! Is it me...?

I think it's more to do with trying to watch the game from, it seems, the top of Shaw Lodge flats.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

For all the people that insist we have a keeper on the bench.

The game ended 2-2 with Pools playing over 50 minutes with Rhys Oates in goal and coming from behind twice to rescue a point. Dave Challinor’s 

He also said it’s pointless having a keeper on the bench and that it’s benefitted them a lot  more times not having a keeper than having one on the bench. 

38 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Agree.....why do some members of this forum always pick on one player.....we all  know how good our captain has been in his career...still can and will do a job for us...he did a lot of work in schools before lockdown hit us...I hope he does not read this forum..no doubt be does...

NC thanks for all you do for the shaymen....good luck for the rest of the season..

Yeah had a great career, yeah does great by going round schools etc, however its pretty obvious that he doesn't make our defence stronger anymore. The game has changed nowadays and we have moved on from centre backs like Brown and Clarke. Clarke did well today but his negative attributes outweigh his positive ones and the back 3 of Byrne Maher Bradbury is our best 3 at the back

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Yeah had a great career, yeah does great by going round schools etc, however its pretty obvious that he doesn't make our defence stronger anymore. The game has changed nowadays and we have moved on from centre backs like Brown and Clarke. Clarke did well today but his negative attributes outweigh his positive ones and the back 3 of Byrne Maher Bradbury is our best 3 at the back

Until the manager (recently declared our messiah) deems that is the case no amount of postings on here are going to change our defensive line up, I don't necessarily disagree but it is becoming tedious, at some point be it injury, a ban or for his experience Clarke will be needed, at least his inclusion is keeping fit.

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Be interesting to see when Summerfield is back next week if Maher moves back or Clarke stays in there. 

I will be very surprised if Summerfield comes straight back into the team on Saturday. Maybe on the bench and get last 20 minutes, but doubt he will start after such a long layoff.

• Like 2
Just now, andrich said:

I will be very surprised if Summerfield comes straight back into the team on Saturday. Maybe on the bench and get last 20 minutes, but doubt he will start after such a long layoff.

Talking about the long term. Summers in the best passer in the team so when he is ready to return to the starting line up he should be straight back in. When that happens who plays at the back Clarke or Maher 

2 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I think it's more to do with trying to watch the game from, it seems, the top of Shaw Lodge flats.

Oh that it was that close. Even the ball tracker can't see far enough!