• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allen bust a gut to get into those positions in the first place. He won our penalty today too.  Lads, go for a beer and a clog dance, we won! 

Agree.....why do some members of this forum always pick on one player.....we all  know how good our captain has been in his career...still can and will do a job for us...he did a lot of work in school

The stream is very very poor but to knock Kirky the commentator and his pundit is totally unfair. I think Kirky is very good. I've (although reputed to be the best Bingo caller in Brighouse) never had

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Al about points at this stage of the season , very little margin for error now , 4 points from next 2 games will see us comfortably in the lower end of the play offs 

We are better away from home which fills you with more confidence next week at Altrincham , Wrexham had a bad result today conceeding late to Torquay they play Stockport on Saturday then come to us on Tuesday week , 6 points from them two games will put us in a great position going into last 10.

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Play football to win, 3pts for a win was on offer today and we got it. Whats not to like. Some will moan at owt and i think they're either puddled or wums. 

I'll bet Pete Wild is not totally happy with today's performance so why should we all be?

28 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

He literally said “Allen should have done better, but that’s an amazing challenge” He then went on to describe how Allen should have found Hyde or Obiero.

Which is probably a fair summary of that situation...

An amazing challenge.  Allen lost the ball!

7 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I'll bet Pete Wild is not totally happy with today's performance so why should we all be?

I wonder why Wild has changed a winning formula in defence....loyalty to Clarke perhaps? Tbh though, he played as well as anyone else today.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I thought we played well for the first period.

We didn't throw in the towel but thought we could have menstruated our intent better if we had seen out the game at 3-1

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, woody said:

I wonder why Wild has changed a winning formula in defence....loyalty to Clarke perhaps? Tbh though, he played as well as anyone else today.

But the team don´t woody far more fluent with Maher CD especially if Summerfield comes back next week for Alty. When Nathan in we defend too deep

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, woody said:

Therfore not seeing games out is not down to Clarke's inclusion.

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

The call was for Nathan to come in to keep clean sheets he´s played 3 games 5 conceded.

Clarke played well today but i want Byrne Maher and Bradbury as our back 3 as its the strongest we have, fastest and most comfortable on the ball. Nobody can think having Clarke there strengthens our team as it doesn't 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

The call was for Nathan to come in to keep clean sheets he´s played 3 games 5 conceded.

Yeah there’s something not right about the defence. I’m watching Clarkey really closely and not sure it’s him personally BUT we are not coming out quick enough and that could be down to him being the slowest of the line? 

5 minutes ago, woody said:

Because we like to play with a holding midfielder. Woods and summerfield have been injured or for one has had long Covid which has forced wild to put maher in that role where he plays well. seems like the only option to put Clarke into centre half to replace Maher and with the three centre backs we play.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

I thought we were rubbish today.

I thought the streaming was double rubbish.

If we want to be involved in the play offs we will have to do a lot better than todays performance. Big improvement required for next match, now is the time to stamp your authority on games. 

That was not a rubbish performance.  I think you watched another game. We are a conference club with a low budget who dominated that match. Get real! 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Totally agree....don't change it PW..the two lads should have stayed on bench..

Happy for Micah to come on .. but not both young guys 

18 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Clarke played well today but i want Byrne Maher and Bradbury as our back 3 as its the strongest we have, fastest and most comfortable on the ball. Nobody can think having Clarke there strengthens our team as it doesn't 

As much as I don`t like disparaging a old stalwart, I have to agree. We really don`t look comfortable with him in defence especially when he is the last man because he isn`t quick enough any more. We have looked so much better with Maher, Bradbury and Byrne as the back 3. Everything that HM says is correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bit of a shout out to the ref today. We are all aware of Mr Marsdens reputation and his interpretation of certain rules. but he was pretty much invisible today and had a reasonable game. Well done Mr M. You can come back again if you ref like that every game. 

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

Happy for Micah to come on .. but not both young guys 

I suppose the argument is that they are not going to get experience unless they play. It might be argued that coming on at 3-1 at home against a side towards the bottom of the table was an appropriate opportunity. There's plenty of energy and some vision in Spence, from the brief cameos I've seen him make. He'll gain greater fluency and better judgement-making the more he gets onto the pitch.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I suppose the argument is that they are not going to get experience unless they play. It might be argued that coming on at 3-1 at home against a side towards the bottom of the table was an appropriate opportunity. There's plenty of energy and some vision in Spence, from the brief cameos I've seen him make. He'll gain greater fluency and better judgement-making the more he gets onto the pitch.

Spence is one to watch fo sure. The future is bright 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I understand the argument but bringing the two on so close together risked dis-jointing the team ..