• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allen bust a gut to get into those positions in the first place. He won our penalty today too.  Lads, go for a beer and a clog dance, we won! 

Agree.....why do some members of this forum always pick on one player.....we all  know how good our captain has been in his career...still can and will do a job for us...he did a lot of work in school

The stream is very very poor but to knock Kirky the commentator and his pundit is totally unfair. I think Kirky is very good. I've (although reputed to be the best Bingo caller in Brighouse) never had

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

Really? We weren’t clinical enough up front, but bar that 90th min volley, that was the most comfortable we’ve looked at home for a long while 

I didn’t feel comfortable about that all game. Our front men were not taking their chances, and I always thought they could get another goal.

Just now, shaymen down under said:

Really? We weren’t clinical enough up front, but bar that 90th min volley, that was the most comfortable we’ve looked at home for a long while 

How many times are we going to lament all the missed chances? Seems like the same old clichés get rolled out every week. 

We are a better side than our results show, we need to change that. 

I'm happy with the 3 points and back in the playoffs.

Created loads of chances. Needed to do better for their goals.

I'd have liked to see Chadwick running at their defense today, I think he would have caused them problems.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, obmij77 said:

Profligate in front of goal 2nd half....we should have been 6-7 up before they got their 2nd. We need to tighten up defending....too easy for them despite us being by far the better team.

agree... strikers should have easily scored another 2 or 3 in the 2nd half 

• Like 1

I can only assume it isn't possible to coach decision making.

Allen just seems to have a brain freeze and the chance is gone.

He seems better just running at a defence with the ball with none of his players in sight to confuse him.

It will eventually cost us when it really matters.

17 minutes ago, billythegid said:

He gave away  free kick for first goal, when no need to.   He is steady but we look unsure when he is there and others don’t look as confident.  I just think we look a more solid unit without him 

Agree 

Summerfield is now available , Wild said he expects him back in for Altrincham.

Will it make any difference , we still need to be more clinical infront of goal , a side looking at a play off place should kill sides like Weymouth off , maybe Chadwick missing didn't help .

We are 7th , so it's in our own hands , Altrincham next .

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I can only assume it isn't possible to coach decision making.

Allen just seems to have a brain freeze and the chance is gone.

He seems better just running at a defence with the ball with none of his players in sight to confuse him.

It will eventually cost us when it really matters.

Sadly its a result of them being non league players!

Didn’t agree with the last two subs put two young in experienced players on who have never/barely played for us, at the same time was wrong and taking off king and earing our two best. Players off was doubly wrong .. nearly cost us 

I thought we were rubbish today.

I thought the streaming was double rubbish.

If we want to be involved in the play offs we will have to do a lot better than todays performance. Big improvement required for next match, now is the time to stamp your authority on games. 

• Like 1

Got into good break away attacks with players busting a gut to get into overlapping positions .. only for the player with ball trying to shoot from distance ... dumb dumb dumb 

If play off places are decided on goal difference, today is one of the days we will remember. Agree we should have won by 4 or 5 clear goals today. Positives are that we win and the cameo appearance of Obiero was very impressive. He deserved a goal for his efforts.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, billythegid said:

Not saying it is easy.  But some of the stuff that our commentator says is awful.  Jamie Allen 3 on 1 needs to play a simple pass and when he looses the ball due to a terrible touch it was amazing defending!!!    It’s just very one sided and amateurish.  

He literally said “Allen should have done better, but that’s an amazing challenge” He then went on to describe how Allen should have found Hyde or Obiero.

Which is probably a fair summary of that situation...

11 minutes ago, Monk said:

Summerfield is now available , Wild said he expects him back in for Altrincham.

Will it make any difference , we still need to be more clinical infront of goal , a side looking at a play off place should kill sides like Weymouth off , maybe Chadwick missing didn't help .

We are 7th , so it's in our own hands , Altrincham next .

Summerfield is one of the best midfielder players I’ve seen at the Shay. I’m confident he can run midfield and help the younger players find the right ball when they need to. I still think this is one of our best sides to get in play offs and promotion and they really are learning on the job. Main coaching points - Keep going in same vein if winning. Don’t slow our own play down.  Also work on corners - Hyde should be able to get better service for these plus Bradbury and Byrne and Clarke all good headers in box and defending set pieces. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

We're making so many chances in every game which is brilliant. With 48 goals scored we're third in the table behind Sutton (51) and Torquay (50). A slight improvement in our conversion rate will send us to the football league. 

Brilliantly well said 

25 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

How many times are we going to lament all the missed chances? Seems like the same old clichés get rolled out every week. 

We are a better side than our results show, we need to change that. 

Goal difference needs to be better....could cost us a play-off spot...

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

Didn’t agree with the last two subs put two young in experienced players on who have never/barely played for us, at the same time was wrong and taking off king and earing our two best. Players off was doubly wrong .. nearly cost us 

Totally agree....don't change it PW..the two lads should have stayed on bench..

Al about points at this stage of the season , very little margin for error now , 4 points from next 2 games will see us comfortably in the lower end of the play offs 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

Set of women half of you.. moan just to moan after a fooking win..go change your tampax

I thought we played well for the first period.

• Haha 3