• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is pleasing is in his time with us so far PW has done a very good job results wise. He knows what the budget is. He knows what restraints the club have. He has signed up for another two year

While other clubs in play off positions seem to sack their managers .. our club gives them new contracts ..  says a lot about the our club ., it’s run be people who want to succeed but also by pe

PW and Milly commit for 2 years. Fantastic news. We can only go onwards and upwards. Players will be falling over themselves to sign for us now. 

Posted Images

Don’t know how to do it 

can somebody create a poll 

manage duo Pete and Milly sign new year contract are you 

a. Happy, think this is a good thing for the club

b. Unhappy ., the club need to get a new manager 

C Chadders .. will sit on the fence but will pretend to know what I am talking about later when the outcome is known 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Don’t know how to do it 

can somebody create a poll 

manage duo Pete and Milly sign new year contract are you 

a. Happy, think this is a good thing for the club

b. Unhappy ., the club need to get a new manager 

C Chadders .. will sit on the fence but will pretend to know what I am talking about later when the outcome is known 

Pointless poll. Dont need any negative vibes and there is NO reason why anyone at this stage of the season would think we need to get a new manager. Irrelevant anyway as we have wild and milly for another 2 years so have to back them

I really do hope I'm wrong, but another poor managerial move Mr Bosomworth. Wild makes too many bad decisions and doesn't appear to be learning from them. Never mind I will still be paying my £9.99 and attending when we can. We live in hope. 

Edited by born to moan
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, born to moan said:

I really do hope I'm wrong, but another poor managerial move Mr Bosomworth. Wild makes too many bad decisions and doesn't appear to be learning from them. Never mind I will still be paying my £9.99 and attending when we can. We live in hope. 

I thought that you live in Brighouse which is a million miles away from hope :lol:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, born to moan said:

Love the honesty of your opinion 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, born to moan said:

Really?!!! Who, realistically would you prefer to be in charge of the team

Great news that Pete and Milly have signed for another two years. Lots to look forward to, not just this season but for the future if we can keep our promising young players and get everyone fit and available for selection.

Nowhere near the finished product. But, whenever is a manager? They are continually learning and evolving and its great PW will continue to do so with us.

With a bit more luck on the injury front and hopefully unearthing some rough diamonds, we can look ahead with optimism.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

I assume BTM is joking. 

We know that in the background they have been looking to secure deal for several months, particularly important as there are clubs all around us who are going to be wanting decent, creative, forward thinking managers in the not too distant future. I am not entirely sure how much the contract actually fully protects us against that risk, I know it does to an extent.

Loads of ups and downs to come, but what we have seen from Wild, and for this I think he stands out, is an ability to get performances regardless of financial constraints or injuries to key players. His teams keep bouncing back, bad form or a bad result has always been followed up by a positive reaction.  Without a series of frustrating injuries we would be up there at the higher end of the play off places. 

I agree with that sentiment that's expressed through this thread, give him your full backing. Don't call for his head or refer to him as clueless 70 minutes into our next poor performance, or on a 3 game run of defeats and draws. Fully developed or not, he knows far more about this game, his players and his opponents than any one of us does.  Stick with him, support him and stand up if you love the Town.

The knee jerk reaction becomes normal behaviour for Town fans after years of disappointment, just that some are bigger jerks than others:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, townmad said:

BTM is not joking he has been calling for his sacking most of the season. It would be interesting who he thinks we should appoint in place of him. B:doh:

But even then I assumed he was just playing it for laughs?? I suppose only BTM can confirm. Either way he keeps paying his money, which suggests (like doe most of us) he does need professional help....

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, townmad said:

BTM is not joking he has been calling for his sacking most of the season. It would be interesting who he thinks we should appoint in place of him. :doh:

Virtually every club in the country has at some point thrashed around looking for the perfect manager, there is no such thing. PW gives me confidence for the future, he has an eye for players who work hard for him, is dedicated & is for the most part a positive communicator.

• Like 1

DB does get a lot of criticism from us fans for how slow he acted in securing the Management Team. But in these uncertain times, he should be given some credit for finally getting the deal over the line. Nothing is more frustrating as a fan in not knowing what is going on behind the scenes, but it is obvious from the comments made, that talks have been going on for some time & now we know that part is agreed we can look forward to some positive news on the playing front re new deals.

As the season has developed, we have started to see a significant improvement on our playing style, throw in the odd Barnet debacle & we are showing had we been more fortunate on the injury front, then we would be one of the front runners for the title. We really have been hit hard by losing some key players at regular intervals. But others have stepped up & shown that as a squad we are as good if not better than all the Teams in this division. Get to the play offs & we have a good chance of beating any other team, home or away.

PW & Milly talk a good game & explain their thinking in a clear way & have made some significant improvements off the field as well. Bringing training back to the Town & re appointing a good scout, who we all felt was doing a good job are two major improvements in developing a proper set up within the club.

The future looks good, long may it continue.:)

Easter Saturday without a game what a bummer:(

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, townmad said:

BTM is not joking he has been calling for his sacking most of the season. It would be interesting who he thinks we should appoint in place of him. :doh:

And so were many ten games into the season .. some very short term memories on here 

Looking forward to Monday , now Wild has committed I think the players will be happier and looking to do the same .

Poor Weymouth , a tonking is on its way .

6-0 minimum.