• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus just realised it´s only Friday this bloody lock down must be getting to me.😆

Neither are half of our team according to you 

How many times have you watched Sutton this season? True we were poor on the day , most sides have off days, we had one yesterday. Doesn’t make us a bad side. What we have is a belief we can win games

Thought we played well today overall and fair play to Sutton for clawing ot back, as show of Champions perhaps?

I don't buy that we sat back as we still created chances to get a 3rd, even at 2-2.

Do people think Sutton were just gonna take a 2-0 defeat lying down, of course not they caution to the wind.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Thought we played well today overall and fair play to Sutton for clawing ot back, as show of Champions perhaps?

I don't buy that we sat back as we still created chances to get a 3rd, even at 2-2.

Do people think Sutton were just gonna take a 2-0 defeat lying down, of course not they caution to the wind.

Yes , well played Sutton , that's what champions are made of , 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go away from home .

Plate , hand , it , them , to , on . a.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
45 minutes ago, AJS said:

Wild has got to take the blame for that one. Awful tactical change at 2-0 up. Earing was absolutely tearing them apart and we stupidly switched formation. In the 4231 we were winning the midfield battle, won every second ball. The change to 532 just made us drop deeper and invited pressure. Feels like a loss that. Big 2 points dropped that could cost us.

Yes.  I just wonder if PW had a bit more insider information than us why he made the Sub.  Unless of course, God forbid, he made a mistake.

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, kit said:

Town have done this for years. Different players, different managers, but same old death wish.

Football teams up and down the country do this and have done forever tbh, one of those classic things in football 

Sutton Utd, got very lucky today. Perhaps a sign of champions to claw a point back, but I do not see much quality in their team.

Don't want to criticize our team, as we were the better team to a man by far. 

If the Manager made a mistake in replacing Earing & not due to an injury, I would like to think he will learn from it.

We are the better team when forcing the game & if we continue to adopt this style of play we will be in a play off place at the end of the season & I would fancy us to progress, against any other team I have seen so far. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Sutton Utd, got very lucky today. Perhaps a sign of champions to claw a point back, but I do not see much quality in their team.

Don't want to criticize our team, as we were the better team to a man by far. 

If the Manager made a mistake in replacing Earing & not due to an injury, I would like to think he will learn from it.

We are the better team when forcing the game & if we continue to adopt this style of play we will be in a play off place at the end of the season & I would fancy us to progress, against any other team I have seen so far. 

100% agree...if nothing else keep the formation the same, it makes no sense as we had them in hand but the change of shape just gave them the initiative. Not the end of the world but bloody annoying. I think we made them look very average right up till 2-1. Ho hum....

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Football teams up and down the country do this and have done forever tbh, one of those classic things in football 

That's right. And they have then been rightly criticised by their fans.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Today's game proves one thing - the quality in this league is gash this season.

It's been diabolical for years. Honestly, if we were not at this level I'd pretty much have no interest in any of the teams. The quality is pretty much non existent. 

Watching Conference games on BT when Halifax aren't playing is almost as bad as watching SPL games. There is just nothing there to excite. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Today's game proves one thing - the quality in this league is gash this season. They're top of the league on merit, obviously, but we totally dominated them for the majority of the match. Without our terrible start to the season, and with a little more positivity from Wild, I really think it could have been us sitting pretty at the top. 

I predicted a win today but was very nervous at kick off given the defensive line up and all the experts on here. But after 5 minutes I was very surprised how effective we were, and it was obvious we were going to try take the game to them. 

Earing going off was a little strange but it was more the change in attitude and formation that allowed them back into it.

It was noticeable that even during that final 20 minute period when the tables had turned, they were keeping 6 men at or behind the halfway line. That was showing us incredible respect. It is well deserved. 

We need to believe in ourselves more, keep carrying the game to the opposition and stop inviting pressure that exposes the weakest part of our game.

Disappointed because we've shown that we have a good squad, and despite all the injuries we're still more than capable of competing with the best this league has to offer.

Good standards long may it continue 

We blew it at the final hurdle but the team more or less picked itself on that basis alone it was against the odds we played so well. Every player gave their all & we had some good passages of play, give the team some credit Disappointed but not despondent, onwards & upwards.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

I’ll also point out what a fantastic job James Rowe has done at Chesterfield. 

If I was a football league club looking for a new manager I wouldn’t look at wild I’d get straight on James Rowe. 

He’s had unlimited money unlike Wild. He’s had pick of players from his old club. Been allowed to sign players from higher up whilst Furloughing the deadwood. Can’t compare in my eyes 

11 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Alty score direct from a corner - helped by a swing and a miss from a defender at the near post. Who said there's no quality in this league? 

That's a good result for us. Maidenhead have a lot of games in hand on us whereas Alty shouldn't be a worry to us having played 4 games more. 

• Like 1

Like most on here at 3pm I would have settled for and been happy with a draw against the league leaders.  But when you are two up with quarter of an hour to go it's very disappointing to only end up with a draw.

Once again we created numerous chances but failed to put them away

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

He’s had unlimited money unlike Wild. He’s had pick of players from his old club. Been allowed to sign players from higher up whilst Furloughing the deadwood. Can’t compare in my eyes 

Hardly call bringing in players from Gloucester & Weymouth having a unlimited budget. 

57 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Not signed anyone for big bucks though have they? 

What a great game of entertainment today. Halifax were superb for most of the match we two mistakes costing two points. However we made Sutton look ordinary, our passing and interplay was just a joy to watch.

I disagree with those blaming PW for taking Earring off. He’s coming back from injury had been clobbered by a Sutton Neanderthal and had worked his socks off. No complaints from me. 
The second goal for them was just one of those opportunities that fall in matches. Hyde misjudged his defensive header, hits has back and falls perfectly in front of the Sutton lad who smashes it in.

A bit lucky like Chadwicks goal for us. Ball ricocheted into his path in the box and he smashes it past the keeper.

• Like 2