• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus just realised it´s only Friday this bloody lock down must be getting to me.😆

Neither are half of our team according to you 

How many times have you watched Sutton this season? True we were poor on the day , most sides have off days, we had one yesterday. Doesn’t make us a bad side. What we have is a belief we can win games

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Wild has got to take the blame for that one. Awful tactical change at 2-0 up. Earing was absolutely tearing them apart and we stupidly switched formation. In the 4231 we were winning the midfield battle, won every second ball. The change to 532 just made us drop deeper and invited pressure. Feels like a loss that. Big 2 points dropped that could cost us.

I think that’s a bit harsh.

Poor defending under set pieces and we had a couple of good chances.

I don’t think they overran us at any point, we just failed to stand up to the aerial bombardment

2 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

We got away with that one! The real Sutton didn’t turned up until the last 15 minutes.

Sutto definitely upped the intensity but we did our usual trick of dropping off when on top. Fair play for taking advance but got Sutton have got away with murder there

1 minute ago, shaymandownsouff said:

I don’t think they overran us at any point, we just failed to stand up to the aerial bombardment

We wouldn't need to if we didn't insist on defending a lead every time we get one. Throwing points away is inevitable eventually If you just camp in your own half. We did it against Aldershot and solihull in the last 2 home games and got away with it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaymandownsouff said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. We were completely winning the midfield battle until the change in formation. It allowed Sutton to do the aerial bombardment with ease as we dropped off and let them dictate the game.

• Like 4

I’ll also point out what a fantastic job James Rowe has done at Chesterfield. 

If I was a football league club looking for a new manager I wouldn’t look at wild I’d get straight on James Rowe. 

Those dropped points today are entirely down to the decision of the management. We did not need to make a sub when we did, we had them worried every time we attacked. If the match had gone on another 5mins we would have lost. Very disappointed with management decisions. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AJS said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. We were completely winning the midfield battle until the change in formation. It allowed Sutton to do the aerial bombardment with ease as we dropped off and let them dictate the game.

He could basically reach the 6 yard box from the half way line, where else are you meant to defend other than deep to that :lol:

1 minute ago, shaycrazy said:

Those dropped points today are entirely down to the decision of the management. We did not need to make a sub when we did, we had them worried every time we attacked. If the match had gone on another 5mins we would have lost. Very disappointed with management decisions. 

I agree, we were totally unable to defend the set pieces.(corners)

Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

It’s almost almost like there are two teams playing a football match.

The one losing tends to flood loads of bodies forward and have chances..

Doesn't mean every time you get it you just hoof it back up the field so they can attack again.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Looking at the current top 7, we have absolutely nothing to fear, we haven’t played Chesterfield yet. But I bet PW and the players feels that this team can do something special. 

Look at the 6 teams below Sutton, all ex league teams.

4 minutes ago, East Stand Ultra said:

Nonsense

Seeing out games when you are 2-0 up at home will come with experience , Wild is in no position to hold the board to ransom .

18 months into his managerial career and coming out with we are not the new kids on the block rubbish shows his immaturity .

I like the bloke , he will make it at a higher level I am sure about that but today was a lesson which will only make him a better manager .

1 minute ago, lonesomedove said:

make changes at 3-0 up  but 2-0 is still not won, we need a  mobile striker for sure who can carry the ball, bad management if the changes were not needed at 2-0

The substitute for earring was being prepared before we scored. So earring was coming off at 1-0 or 2-0 anyway. Suspect wild thought earring is coming back from a injury so give him 60 mins and bring Hyde on to give him minutes. Sutton were always going to push men forward at 2-0 and put us on the back foot

• Like 2
1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

Shows we are a decent team and we are going places when we are disappointed with a draw against a team that have been beating nearly everyone they have been playing lately. Need to win our next game against Weymouth. 

We are only dissapointed as we were 2-0 up with 15 mins to go

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

Shows we are a decent team and we are going places when we are disappointed with a draw against a team that have been beating nearly everyone they have been playing lately. Need to win our next game against Weymouth. 

Likely to be more than 1 win outside the play offs by the time we next step on the field. 

1 minute ago, Shaymen0 said:

The substitute for earring was being prepared before we scored. So earring was coming off at 1-0 or 2-0 anyway. Suspect wild thought earring is coming back from a injury so give him 60 mins and bring Hyde on to give him minutes. Sutton were always going to push men forward at 2-0 and put us on the back foot

I think he thought game over.

11 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I’ll also point out what a fantastic job James Rowe has done at Chesterfield. 

If I was a football league club looking for a new manager I wouldn’t look at wild I’d get straight on James Rowe. 

read this wrong sorry. ignore. Always had a massive budget was my point.

Edited by Alright Andy
can't read