I saw him play many times. One of the most skillful players I have ever seen. He played in the days when football was much more physical and the pitches were mud heaps but still glided over the surface. Also a very funny after dinner speaker. Another character leaves us too early. Rip Elvis

• Thanks 1

Brilliant footballer, always entertaining. What he would  have achieved if he had not enjoyed the highlife a little too much we will never know. Having said that he did it his way. Remember seeing him down the Shay as player manager for Tranmere, just stood in the centre circle spraying passes around not a Town player able to touch him, a proper legend RIP Frank.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

A local legend. I've heard so many people speak proudly of him.

That goal (you know the one) he scored for Bolton against Ipswich is one of the greatest I've ever seen and deserves to be commemorated as if it were a UNESCO world heritage site. 

May he rest in peace. 

Hear hear

8 hours ago, Dave gwyther said:

My favourite player of all time, travelled all over to watch him play including Burnden Park. Still got my junior no.9 Hudders shirt from his days there, so very sad - RIP Frank and thanks for the memories 

He was a real entertainer.

Whilst he was at PNE,  watching him practicing shooting in the  pre match practice was worth the entry fee on its own.

9 hours ago, dj funky said:

Shed a tear when i read this terrible news, going to work in Bradford we always seemed to be on the same bus and it was good to chat about football, then all the times he turned out for Shelf Utd on that famous muddy pitch ,used to go to Shelf variety club Sunday lunch and Frank showed me all the scars on his legs after playing against Leeds Utd, tried many times to see Frank and take him some Elvis Cds because like me he was a big fan but it was obvious he was not well for a long time, thanks for all the memories and Heaven FC have just got a  hell of a CF RIP

Lovely words DJ , a mate shared a Shoot! interview with  me earlier today and Frank sent up the format mercilessly, cant see his like ever returning to football with the antiseptic Sky media vision #anothersliceoffootballrealityseepsaway

• Like 1
On 3/23/2021 at 9:58 AM, Monk said:

Halifax born along with his 2 brothers and his nephew Gary all had some involvement at this club .

He passed away yesterday, his Birthday 22 March.

R I P.

not sure that is right.

18 minutes ago, chadders said:

not sure that is right.

It's not , 23rd of November 1948 , somebody got their research wrong , don't know where it came from probably Daily Express.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:06 PM, vinnyweknuts said:

Lovely words DJ , a mate shared a Shoot! interview with  me earlier today and Frank sent up the format mercilessly, cant see his like ever returning to football with the antiseptic Sky media vision #anothersliceoffootballrealityseepsaway

163995997_10157430101571741_8213201083044688849_n.jpg

On 3/23/2021 at 9:29 PM, Tracey Barlow said:

Frank was my first proper football hero, as an 8 or 9 year old I recall a couple of Tuesday night games at Leeds Road and I was immediately in awe of him. 30 odd years later I somehow found myself playing against him in a 5 a side game at North Bridge & I remained in awe of him. I couldn’t get within a million miles of him, sat me on my arse more than once & he must’ve been in his 50s by then. RIP

Brilliant story.