Halifax born along with his 2 brothers and his nephew Gary all had some involvement at this club .

He passed away yesterday, his Birthday 22 March.

R I P.

• Like 1

A local legend. I've heard so many people speak proudly of him.

That goal (you know the one) he scored for Bolton against Ipswich is one of the greatest I've ever seen and deserves to be commemorated as if it were a UNESCO world heritage site. 

May he rest in peace. 

Really sad fond memories of him and the rest of the Huddersfield Town first team taking us for games every Wednesday when they were doing their FA coaching badge. Our headmaster a friend of the Huddersfield chairman had volunteered us. 

Many years later he spoke at a supporters club meeting and I asked him if he remembered it as my sons who were with me didn't  believe what I told them. Frank confirmed it and remembered it very well. They actually came to our school for about 3 months.

R.I.P. a true football legend.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dj funky said:

Shed a tear when i read this terrible news, going to work in Bradford we always seemed to be on the same bus and it was good to chat about football, then all the times he turned out for Shelf Utd on that famous muddy pitch ,used to go to Shelf variety club Sunday lunch and Frank showed me all the scars on his legs after playing against Leeds Utd, tried many times to see Frank and take him some Elvis Cds because like me he was a big fan but it was obvious he was not well for a long time, thanks for all the memories and Heaven FC have just got a  hell of a CF RIP

My old work colleague Dave Lewis (rip) spoke very highly of Frank as they grew up together and he had great pleasure of showing us a picture of himself as a child in Frank's book.

RIP Frank. Best footballer to come out of Halifax.

Some years ago he gave his advice to my son who was then at Town's CofE: ' Don't bother with women and booze; just practice your skills'. He had everyone in stitches. 

Great player and great guy.

2 hours ago, Guido said:

My old work colleague Dave Lewis (rip) spoke very highly of Frank as they grew up together and he had great pleasure of showing us a picture of himself as a child in Frank's book.

Another great lad who also played for Shelf Utd.

• Like 1

At one time lived by the Sportsman at Greenland with his ex page three girlfriend. Lost his licence and was a regular on the bus from West Vale after an afternoon going between the bookies and the pub. Later lived near the Wagon and Horses at Outlane .