18 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I have been a critic of Jamie Allen over the past couple of seasons, but he has improved as this season has gone on. He looks stronger than he had done before and his overall play has improved. Well done Jamie and well done Pete Wild and his coaching team, another player who they have improved. 

Likewise.

There were one or two instances in games last season when he appeared to shrug his shoulders when people went past him, but he is fitter now and gets up and down the pitch better making challenges in his penalty area. (Heaven forbid)

He is strong on the ball too, such a lot of improvement. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An unusually busy period for the Non League Paper's Caribbean correspondent.

Why should they have to resort to that? They should be allowed to have online profiles without having abuse thrown at them just for being there.

Is a Brazilian variant wider or narrower?

He is also holding the ball up well now. To me he’s either a starter or a devastating substitute. Either way top player for me this season, he’s so hard to handle for defences that he opens the way for other threats. Big fan obvs. :):P

• Like 1
9 hours ago, obmij77 said:

He is also holding the ball up well now. To me he’s either a starter or a devastating substitute. Either way top player for me this season, he’s so hard to handle for defences that he opens the way for other threats. Big fan obvs. :):P

Been very impressed with his versatility as well. Has played lone striker, right winger, right of front 3 and even right wing back.  Has also been quite clinical in his one on ones. Glad he is on a two yr contract.

Edited by shaymen down under
  • Like 2

Played whole game in the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium,Antigua,2-2,both goals scored by Lyle Taylor,of Notts Forest.NL players in the Montserrat team are Rohan Ince and Jason Comley (Maidenhead),Alex Dyer (Wealdstone),and Adrian Clifton (Dag & Red).

They also have players in their squad from Barwell,Stafford,Sevenoaks,Croydon,and the mighty Kings Langley,so I think we should be told why Sutton's Rhys Browne(on their bench with Tobi 2 days ago) isn't out there.

• Like 2

Played the whole game v El Salvador.1-1,Montserrat's late equaliser from Lyle Taylor,of Notts Forest.Match played in Curacao.

Next qualifier on June 4th,which will clash with the play-offs.They tackle the British Virgins.Who are mostly semi-pros.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, JC said:

Played the whole game v El Salvador.1-1,Montserrat's late equaliser from Lyle Taylor,of Notts Forest.Match played in Curacao.

Next qualifier on June 4th,which will clash with the play-offs.They tackle the British Virgins.Who are mostly semi-pros.

Should not be a problem as the FCHT Curse will have struck and he will be out injured.

8 hours ago, JC said:

worrying

On 3/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, JC said:

Played whole game in the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium,Antigua,2-2,both goals scored by Lyle Taylor,of Notts Forest.NL players in the Montserrat team are Rohan Ince and Jason Comley (Maidenhead),Alex Dyer (Wealdstone),and Adrian Clifton (Dag & Red).

They also have players in their squad from Barwell,Stafford,Sevenoaks,Croydon,and the mighty Kings Langley,so I think we should be told why Sutton's Rhys Browne(on their bench with Tobi 2 days ago) isn't out there.

Lyle Taylor refused to kneel for BLM....

10 hours ago, obmij77 said:

Not a criticism...he’s got balls of steel given the flak he will have attracted. Good on him. 

There are other ways to show solidarity as Zaha has shown, standing up proudly & not falling for Americanisation of silent protest.

6 hours ago, Roy Race said:

There are other ways to show solidarity as Zaha has shown, standing up proudly & not falling for Americanisation of silent protest.

But with Zaha it's a case of him feeling that the knee is now an empty gesture that football authorities have used to avoid taking any genuine action to put an end to racist abuse within the game rather than "oh the nasty lefties are making us take the knee so I won't do it"

Does anybody think this Knee thing would be going on if there were crowds in the stadiums. I know there was the Millwall thing but I can think of a lot more places where the gesture would have been given short shrift.

Lyle Taylor and Zaha are right these movements have been hijacked by people with ulterior motives.

8 hours ago, Roy Race said:

People don't like it when they protest peacefully on the football field. People don't like it when they protest peacefully in the streets. People don't like it when the peaceful street protests turn violent... it's almost like people don't want them to protest.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lewis said:

But with Zaha it's a case of him feeling that the knee is now an empty gesture that football authorities have used to avoid taking any genuine action to put an end to racist abuse within the game rather than "oh the nasty lefties are making us take the knee so I won't do it"

Footballers complain they are abused on line more now than prior to taking the knee, although a simple answer is don't go on line & invite trolls.

The taking the knee has gone from being a powerful statement to a footnote now - simply because it is now expected that everyone will do it prior to kickoff. It is no longer a protest in the sense that it is making a statement, it is more a requirement to be seen to be doing the right thing. It is nothing more but lip service now. 

There is quite clearly a problem with equality, even more so in the states than there is here, however these gestures now are not doing anything for the cause - if anything they are now turning people away from the debate on equality as its starting to now feel forced. 

What the solution to this is I don't know, but taking the knee now has lost all meaning. We need something that will unite people more than divide them. BLM the group are divisive and proven to not be fit for purpose, which is a shame as BLM as in "Black Lives Matter" is an important issue as we do need to tackle inequality. As with many things the fringe trying to show how woke they are, or those with other motives, hijack a proper movement and lose the majority of public support ( Look to extinction rebellion as a prior group that also did this - started off with a message most people would endorse, but end up pissing off 99% of the public they needed to get onside)

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

Footballers complain they are abused on line more now than prior to taking the knee, although a simple answer is don't go on line & invite trolls.

Why should they have to resort to that? They should be allowed to have online profiles without having abuse thrown at them just for being there.

• Like 3