Another step in right direction

Take the expunged Dover results away and things look even better. We are right in the mix at the moment. Only a few weeks ago it looked unlikely we would make the play-offs but now we look in a very healthy position. We have that all important momentum and still have some players to come back that will make the squad really strong and increase the options from the bench. Thinks looking really good!!

• Like 1

Still in with a shout of the playoffs which is all i hoped for before the start of the season. Its in our hands, we have battled hard to get where we are and havent had any luck with injuries. Hyde summerfield Williams senior all to come back in aswel.

We need 9 wins from the following fixtures to make sure of the play-offs. 

12 wins if we want to beat the 77 points that saw us secure a play off spot under the grand old Neil Aspin. 

Eastleigh (A), Sutton (H), Weymouth (H), Alty (A), Wrexham (H), King's Lynn (H), Chesterfield (A), Bromley (H), Woking (H), Stockport (H), Yeovil (A), Borehamwood (H), Dag & Red (A), Maidenhead (A), Chesterfield (H) 

Honestly, I don't want to predict where we'll pick up the points. We're capable of beating or losing against anyone it seems and the margins have been very fine in general. The last two goal margin was our away loss at Hartlepool, and the match before that our home 3-1 win against Eastleigh. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Still in with a shout of the playoffs which is all i hoped for before the start of the season. Its in our hands, we have battled hard to get where we are and havent had any luck with injuries. Hyde summerfield Williams senior all to come back in aswel.

In with more than a good shout.. our ambition should be for a 2-3 spot ..

meant a home game with crowds as the play off semi final before we all head to wembley :)

nick 

in the 2018/19 season, the last full season,eastleigh finished 7th on 74points, with an average of 1.60 points per game. this would evaluate to 67 points in a 42 game season, salford finished 3rd on 85 points,with an average of 1.84 points per game, this would give 77 points this season, our season at the moment has a points per game of 1.59, giving us just short of 67 points.

therefor 8 wins out of 15 games would secure a top 7 finish                                  and an unlikely 11 wins out of 15  for a top 3 finish                                                 73 points would see us in 4/5 position, all of course based on the 2018/19 season

• Like 1
5 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

We need 9 wins from the following fixtures to make sure of the play-offs. 

12 wins if we want to beat the 77 points that saw us secure a play off spot under the grand old Neil Aspin. 

Eastleigh (A), Sutton (H), Weymouth (H), Alty (A), Wrexham (H), King's Lynn (H), Chesterfield (A), Bromley (H), Woking (H), Stockport (H), Yeovil (A), Borehamwood (H), Dag & Red (A), Maidenhead (A), Chesterfield (H) 

Honestly, I don't want to predict where we'll pick up the points. We're capable of beating or losing against anyone it seems and the margins have been very fine in general. The last two goal margin was our away loss at Hartlepool, and the match before that our home 3-1 win against Eastleigh. 

Dates wise how many (if at all) of these can have fans?

9 minutes ago, kirkbymoorsidesteve said:

the last 2 ,away at maidenhead and home to chesterfield'

finish 4th or 5th then a home play off quarter final

And with a crowd too. Skip on a match, and a trip to Wembley, repeat the Wembley winning formula and a dream comes true (and we can be there in personal not in cardboard).

I could not imagine the feeling of winning a play off final at Wembley for a place in the football league , the Trophy was great , a day out , first time seeing the Shaymen at Wembley but it was just the occasion nothing really riding on it , Grimsby just went through the motions .

All roads are leading to Halifax v hartlepool at Wembley in June .

If that happens I would need some sort of nerve calming medication from my doctor or that bloke who roams Kings Cross looking shady.

Stelling would there "The Jefferee's a W*****"...at the top of my voice .

Edited by Monk
To add Stelling is a W******.
1 hour ago, Monk said:

I could not imagine the feeling of winning a play off final at Wembley for a place in the football league , the Trophy was great , a day out , first time seeing the Shaymen at Wembley but it was just the occasion nothing really riding on it , Grimsby just went through the motions .

All roads are leading to Halifax v hartlepool at Wembley in June .

If that happens I would need some sort of nerve calming medication from my doctor or that bloke who roams Kings Cross looking shady.

Stelling would there "The Jefferee's a W*****"...at the top of my voice .

Loved our Wembley visit only downer was we were relegated, just took the shine off a little.

Think I read somewhere (although I now cannot find it) that after the football league playoffs ( which are the same weekend as our last league game)  Wembley is then commandeered by UEFA for the euro’s and they wont allow any other game to take place there during this time.

53 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Think I read somewhere (although I now cannot find it) that after the football league playoffs ( which are the same weekend as our last league game)  Wembley is then commandeered by UEFA for the euro’s and they wont allow any other game to take place there during this time.

In recent years, when the Champions League Final has been held at Wembley, the play-offs were moved elsewhere due to the pitch not being allowed to be used within a certain time frame before Uefa would be using it.