“The Ball is in the clubs court”

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the third time  until the loan is agreed we have no budget ..  some of you want DB to commit to 1/2 million pounds to cover contracts but won’t commit a fiver now to the club funds or to

Dont get too big for your boots Pete,  only 1 and a half seasons into their managerial career with us, they are still new kids on the block 

Just a pyramid of emotions

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Saying it's in the club's court doesn't scream getting too big for their boots to me. It implies that they're happy to stay but the club haven't talked about the new deal yet and they're waiting on that.

Why come out in public and put it out there for people to jump to the wrong conclusions , it comes across as somebody who has a very high opinion of themselves without anything yet to back it up.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Not long ago many were calling for his head..now let’s give them what the asking ..

If we lost 2-1 last night would we be having the same discussion.. I don’t think so 

remember if we give them more there would be less elsewhere ..perhaps need to look not just at base but incentives.. play off promotion average gates and cup runs, failed so far on that direction 

in the end if the bring results better crowds and increase revenue then they should be rewarded... 

but I don’t think DB has too much room to manoeuvre 

Definitely agree should be bonuses on making playoffs, promotion, cup runs etc. Also other factors for Pete are location of the job,  we arent far from where he loves so travel time is short and easy.

There is an obviousness to investing further in our current management team, just about everyone of us gets that. The smart move is to build this club around Wild and Millington's philosophies/approach so they become totally attached.

If Wild continues to punch above his weight, which he likely will do, offers will come and most will be more attractive than being at Halifax.  Only the depth of our backing and strength of his attachment would keep him at the Shay. Rochdale are the obvious next club to be looking and it wouldnt shock me if Wild was heir number one target.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nick said:

Not long ago many were calling for his head..now let’s give them what the asking ..

If we lost 2-1 last night would we be having the same discussion.. I don’t think so 

remember if we give them more there would be less elsewhere ..perhaps need to look not just at base but incentives.. play off promotion average gates and cup runs, failed so far on that direction 

in the end if the bring results better crowds and increase revenue then they should be rewarded... 

but I don’t think DB has too much room to manoeuvre 

Only a few knee jerkers on here asking for his head, the semi silent majority were not happy but realised there were mitigating factors & were prepared to see how it panned out as there were few serious options.

9 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

We offer him what we can afford. If he turns it down that’s down to him. Push come to shove we give Clarke the job. There is no way I want this club to just throw money at some thing we can not afford

Why give it Clarke? Another guy with Zilch experience 

DB has found himself in a pickle. He recruited them on the cheap. They now feel the boot is on the other foot and it’s payback time. DB, through no fault of his own, has now also been landed with a £400k loan. He has backed the management team and spent money on backroom staff. Admission and sponsorship money might be depleted once we get back to normal. So, he either dips into his personal wealth to drive the club forward in the hope revenue streams improve, or he cuts costs and runs us as a part time outfit chipping away at the £400k debt until he calls it a day and fulfills his promise of leaving us debt free.

14 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

20 years of playing professional football under dozens of different manages. 
yeah zilch experience!

Yeah Zilch managerial experience. 

It’s a big fat no from me 

11 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You have to start somewhere. How much managerial experience did wild have before he came to us a couple of games for Oldham! 

Edited by Shaymen0
5 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

You have to start somewhere. How much managerial experience did wild have before he came to us a couple of games for Oldham! 
I mean you didn’t start off being stupid from birth. You must have gained to That through experiences!

You'd be wrong to assume that we are blessed with any intelligence at birth . The two things we all have in common are where we start and where we end

9 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

If we used your criteria PW wouldn't be here, half a dozen matches at Oldham do not equate to experience.

Who would your cost effective, experienced fall back option be.

PW over another unknown any day of the week. But there are limits to what the club can pay, and the more the management take out of the budget, the less there will be for the backroom staff and players he can work with.

• Like 2

Just one point to consider .. if my understanding is correct is we have applied for a loan 

but it doesn’t mean it’s yet been granted .. if borehamwood thread is true they have had their loan request turned down 

so DB in applying for the loan has said this it to complete this season and take us into next season.. so he obviously has a plan in place .. but he can’t execute until the loan is approved .. 

so I sure when ? Sport England approve the loan we will see things moving ahead in terms of players and contracts .. but not until 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You're saying that as though the club has many other options. You can't get a proven manager on the cheap, and if cheap is all we can afford, it will always be a hungry, young manager looking to take their first steps on their managerial career. If that's where you're shopping, might as well go for someone you already know and who already knows the club.

• Like 2

You have to speculate to accumulate. If Wild gets offered  new deal which he signs and then another club want him. That's a transfer fee for him. 

If we let him go. Get someone else in it doesnt work out we go backwards we then have to pay that manager off costing us money. 

It's not just about the results it's the way we play. There is a clear ambition to play football the right way on the deck. (Yes we go away to hoofball from time to time) however the aim is clearly to play football. 

Do we really go away from that and hire someone that might make us watch that dross of kick and rush again.. 

• Like 2
Just now, Nick said:

Just one point to consider .. if my understanding is correct is we have applied for a loan 

but it doesn’t mean it’s yet been granted

Exactly how I read it. People were talking the other day about it being a done deal, and BHW's rejection suggests it may not be.

3 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

If we used your criteria PW wouldn't be here, half a dozen matches at Oldham do not equate to experience.

Who would your cost effective, experienced fall back option be.

He probably wouldn’t be no however he talks the talk and comes across well. 

As much as I like Pete wild he hasn’t achieved anything at all with us reslly he got us to the play offs last season and that was only down to covid otherwise we certainly wouldn’t have got them. 

We ain’t had a good cup run or anything but we have to give a manager time and I’m more than happy for Wild to stay next season 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Exactly how I read it. People were talking the other day about it being a done deal, and BHW's rejection suggests it may not be.

I don’t see how DB can move forward until the loan is granted 

39 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Wild is doing a good job, but has achieved nothing yet. See where we are at the end of the season. Then make a decision. If we get promoted? Is he going to want even more money? 

I think going to the biggest club with the biggest budget and tuning them over has made him a bit giddy .

He probably glanced over at their dugout and wondered what they earn .