Notts County Away (W/D/L)

Notts County Away W/L/D  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Town tame the Magpies or will we Ardley get a look in?

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

Looking forward to the team visiting Meadow Lane, a proper football ground. Stats to follow shortly.

Notts County Facts & Figures

Played 22 Won 11 Drawn 5 Lost 6

Goals For 28 Goals Against 17 (+11)

League Position 6th on 38 pts

Highest Score 4-2 v Barnet (Home)

Biggest Defeat 2-3 v Maidenhead (Home)

Top Scorers: Wooton (12)

Last 5 results: 

Dagenham (H) 3-1

Kings Lynn (A) 1-0

Chesterfield (H) 0-1

Stockport (A) 0-0

Kings Lynn (H) 0-0

For 6 Against 4

Notts County come into Tuesday night game not having played on Saturday due to their opponents, Aldershot having a Covid self-isolation period imposed on them. On paper they look stronger at home having won 23 points at home compared to 15 away, but this has to be taken in the context of they have played 4 games at home more than away.

Defensively, they have conceded only conceded 17 goals, the best record in the NL, but on attack they have only managed 28, the worst scoring record of any team in the top 15 places.

Nearly 43% of all their goals have come from Kyle Wooton with 12. The next nearest scorers are 4 players on 3 each. So, shut Wooton down and you have a good chance of beating or holding the Magpies.

Reading the reactions to the current form of their team, the Notts County fans are not impressed and give the impression that they are going through a spell of lacking creativity upfront and becoming susceptible to giving goals away at the back. The last 3 games seem to support this.

Looking at the rest of the results, it can be seen that Notts County have yet to rack up any big score lines, but at the same time have kept 10 clean sheets, with 3 of these being 0-0 draws. They are another of the clubs, like Town, who never get beaten by more than one goal, so this game has 1-1 written all over it.

Town now have a mini-run building steam with 2 wins and a draw from the last 3 games. The return of Billy Chadwick has shown a return to a more open, attacking style of play, which hopefully will show more impact as Billy continues to build up a good partnership with Jake Hyde.

Defensively, our defence is still managing to control the final third, but we cannot be caught with another sucker punch as we had in the first game at the Shay, when we allowed County to score one of the easiest goals of the season. With Williams still suspended I would expect PW to start with the same formation we had at Wealdstone, so it will be a back 3, with King and Senior as the W/B’s.

We have to get control in midfield force Notts County to play in their half. Doyle, who is their main midfield leader will need to be kept under pressure, and Keiron Green has the legs to do this giving Woods time to dictate play, and Earing the freedom to get forward in support of the strikers.

Up front it can only be Hyde and Chadwick to start. Billy showed that he has lost none of his game changing talents when he came on against Wealdstone, and I expect he will prove just as difficult for the County defenders to pick him up and stop him from creating more chances and going for goal himself. The key will be if King and Senior can get the type of crosses in that Hyde needs, as shown by his goal on Saturday, if they put the ball in the danger zones Jake Hyde will be able to make the most of the opportunities and add to his goal tally this season.

As already stated, Notts County have the best defensive record in the NL, but this is a Town team that can score goals against anyone, when they are on form. Having won at the top of the table, drawn against the team who are now joint top, they should have confidence to go out and play football with anyone in this league.

My heart says 2-1 to Town. My head says 1-1.

I am hoping for a win but will be happy with a point if it has to be. We need to come away with something if possible, to keep building up the pressure on the rest of the teams around us. Results recently have not done us too much harm, and if we do have the Dover results expunged then the table will look a bit better still. The important thing is to keep the winning mentality into the rest of the season, as momentum counts for a lot – just ask Torquay!    

Edited by ITMAN
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it dearer for being under cover ? !!

A true Yorkshire saying.

Just give me a bloody clean sheet.  If we can do that just once we are sure to get one point. PS I have always been good at maths. 

I've picked this one to stream over the Saturday one. I'm hoping we can put on a decent performance. 

I always want us to win games but a draw wouldn't be a terrible result going into 2 winnable home games. 

We are on a mini run of 3 unbeaten I'd like to keep building the momentum with that. 

Chadwick comes into the starting 11 needless to say. 

• Like 1

think the performance of our back three will be key... totally believe we will score with king chadwick hyde earring and yes Campbell i cant see us not scoring. 

just want to see a clean sheet for once, we seem to always allow a goal in the first 20 mins and then have an up hill task 

happy for us start cautiously get to half time at 0-0 and then attack in the second half 

nick

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Gone for a loss on this one. Think we will get bullied and theyve only lost 2 in their last 10 games. 

Booooooooooooooooo we will win not many can bully Byrne, Maher, Bradbury or Green.

• Like 1

Ive put a loss but any point/points we leave with will be great with home games to come. 3 points would be a massive statement and with no big home crowd there then who knows. Key for us is to get the first goal as then they attack more leaving space for us to hit them on the break

24 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Ive put a loss but any point/points we leave with will be great with home games to come. 3 points would be a massive statement and with no big home crowd there then who knows. Key for us is to get the first goal as then they attack more leaving space for us to hit them on the break

You should know by now we never score first 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Gone for a loss on this one. Think we will get bullied and theyve only lost 2 in their last 10 games. 

Yes but they have also drawn 3.

Town have a similar record over the last 10 of W 4 D 3 L 3, scoring 16 goals against Notts County's 10. The only aberration being the loss at Barnet.

For me looks a 1-1 draw, unless we can keep them on the back foot, as I feel they are to reliant on one player for goals. We on the other hand have a number of players in form who can put one in the back of the net, and don't forget the Billy Chadwick factor. He will bring a different energy level to the attacking play and a bit more creativity. 

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Yes but they have also drawn 3.

Town have a similar record over the last 10 of W 4 D 3 L 3, scoring 16 goals against Notts County's 10. The only aberration being the loss at Barnet.

For me looks a 1-1 draw, unless we can keep them on the back foot, as I feel they are to reliant on one player for goals. We on the other hand have a number of players in form who can put one in the back of the net, and don't forget the Billy Chadwick factor. He will bring a different energy level to the attacking play and a bit more creativity. 

Just becusss we’ve got Chadwick back doesn’t mean we have a divine right not to lose. We are missing summerfield badly in midfield but it will be a close game and can easily go either way

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Any idea why multi pricing options? To be honest anything a lotbove £12.00 for streaming & it's a no from me.

It is their fund raising initiative for fans to top up the streaming fee if they want to. Think of it as a donation. 

I for one will not be giving any extra to a "big" club such as Notts County, who should not be playing in a minor league such as the NL. They are spoiling it for all the other tinpot clubs such as FCHT.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Just becusss we’ve got Chadwick back doesn’t mean we have a divine right not to lose. We are missing summerfield badly in midfield but it will be a close game and can easily go either way

TJ no one is saying we have a divine right not to lose, but you must admit that Billy Chadwick adds to the options and style of play we have. We lost at hartlepool with Billy in the team, but playing with him in the team gives me a lot more confidence than when we have not had him playing.

What we need to tomorrow night is the extra dimension we were missing against hartlepool when attacking as it needs a more direct approach than passing the ball backwards and forwards across the face of the opposition box without anyone actually having an attempt to try and score..  

• Like 1

I think its highly unlikely we'll keep a clean sheet so lets have a go at them and who knows.

It wont be as easy to create chances as it was at Wealstone but we do have the players to hurt teams. Notts only conceeded 17 all season but Kings Lynn got 2 last week so we should gp into the game with confidence.

I'll go 2-2 scoreline.

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

Any idea why multi pricing options? To be honest anything a lotbove £12.00 for streaming & it's a no from me.

It´s simply all the same, as far as I can tell, but if you want to pay more to help the club.

48 minutes ago, warleyshayman said:

nothing new TJ thinks we will get beat.

Youre another one that talks absolute dog **** as well. You have now joined Bill Atkins, Francisfirth, Chrisbo and a few others in the talking utter shite brigade. 

I said we will beat Wealdstone and I was that confident I put us to win on my bet.:)

Edited by TJAshton
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Youre another one that talks absolute dog **** as well. You have now joined Bill Atkins, Francisfirth, Chrisbo and a few others in the talking utter shite brigade. 

I said we will beat Wealdstone and I was that confident I put us to win on my bet.:)

Where do I send the begging letter or has DB beat me to it.