• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To improve you need to meet my wife - She's NEVER wrong

Who needs a blue pill when the Town are in 6th place and rising!

May I suggest he marries this lass then see how often he's right

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Doubt any of the teams below us will overtake us now , but can we overtake at least one of the teams above 

Wrexham we should overtake, if we beat them at the Shay, and with 2 games against Chesterfield we can climb above them as well. Stockport are 7 points in front now, but we have a game in hand and have to also play them at the Shay.

Playoffs are achievable, with a top 5 place being the next target. Unlikely we will make up 17 points on Sutton, so being realistic, we have to try to gain home advantage and home support for at least the first round of the playoffs.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Wrexham we should overtake, if we beat them at the Shay, and with 2 games against Chesterfield we can climb above them as well. Stockport are 7 points in front now, but we have a game in hand and have to also play them at the Shay.

Playoffs are achievable, with a top 5 place being the next target. Unlikely we will make up 17 points on Sutton, so being realistic, we have to try to gain home advantage and home support for at least the first round of the playoffs.

From an excitement point of view I'd rather win the play offs than go up as champions anyway.

• Like 2

If i accept that we had a bad start to the season and assume that we continue the form since the first Barnet game then I make the estimated end of season total on that basis as 68 points. I also think with the remaining games and a fitter squad we can do better than that. Playoffs therefore no problem.

(An eternal optimist, even as a town supporter.)

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

For those who want to know here are the remaining fixtures for the top 8 teams. Highlighted games are between the top 8.

image.png.924abb75574ca62b4430ac6231451a83.png

Interesting run in for us. We seem to play quite a mix of current play off teams, the chasing pack and teams towards the bottom. The two Chesterfield games and the Wrexham game could be huge.

34 minutes ago, AJS said:

Interesting run in for us. We seem to play quite a mix of current play off teams, the chasing pack and teams towards the bottom. The two Chesterfield games and the Wrexham game could be huge.

Notts County will be interesting, they have to play all of the current top 3 sides, and have 10 away games still to play. On the road they have only scored 12 goals so far, less than Barnet.

41 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

FWP predicts us finishing 9th on 64 points. Although they somehow have Dover on 44 points with 44 0-0 draws, so I'm not sure how they're working that out... https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/league-table/predicted

It should become clearer in the next 2 weeks, as Wrexham have games against Torquay, Stockport and Town in that order. Let's see how many they pick up or drop and how we do to see how at least 7th place is shaping up. 

Just read on the Wrexham forum that Kwame Thomas, top scorer, is out for the rest of the season with an Achilles injury, plus Ponticelli, the other main striker is out injured. This leaves them with one fit striker for the games against Torquay, Stockport and Town. 

If we deliver tomorrow and defeat Altrincham then we should be able to see Wrexham fall out of play off contention, if they fail to pick up any point from those 3 games.

22 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Just read on the Wrexham forum that Kwame Thomas, top scorer, is out for the rest of the season with an Achilles injury, plus Ponticelli, the other main striker is out injured. This leaves them with one fit striker for the games against Torquay, Stockport and Town. 

If we deliver tomorrow and defeat Altrincham then we should be able to see Wrexham fall out of play off contention, if they fail to pick up any point from those 3 games.

If only the life of Halifax Town was so simple :lol:

19 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If only the life of Halifax Town was so simple :lol:

True, but it is nice to see that out competitors are now going through the injury crisis that we have already been through. With the "transfer" window now closed for FAW teams, there is no way for Wrexham to bolster their depleted squad other than out of contract players.

Maybe we are now going to see some luck on the injury front, and with the loan players PW has now added to the squad, and the return of our injured players, then we have the potential of heading into the last phase of the season as one of the in form sides. 

Edited by ITMAN
spelling correction
5 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

True, but it is mice to see that out competitors are now going through the injury crisis that we have already been through. With the "transfer" window now closed for FAW teams, there is no way for Wrexham to bolster their depleted squad other than out of contract players.

Maybe we are now going to see some luck on the injury front, and with the loan players PW has now added to the squad, and the return of our injured players, then we have the potential of heading into the last phase of the season as one of the in form sides. 

Need to get them mice sorted before they start breeding

We have now moved above Wrexham and jumped into 7th spot. The next target is Chesterfield in 6th place currently on 48 points, having played 29 games.

Between the first showdown away at Chesterfield on the 20th April each side has the following games:

Chesterfield - 10/4 Kings Lynn (A) 13/4 BHW (H) 17/4 Bromley (H) predicted return is 5 points

FCHT - 10/4 Altrincham (A) Wrexham (H) Kings Lynn (H) predicted return is 9 points

If my predictions are anywhere near the mark, then potentially if we can go ahead of Chesterfield and remove the game in hand advantage they have.

All of the teams below us have played at least 1 game more, and by the close of play on the 20th we should hopefully be settled into 6th place with a comfortable gap opening up between us and the chasing pack.

So, we now have the next target.  

Forget which topic is was on but there was mention of inconsistency regarding Town's performance 

On 4/3/2021 at 10:38 PM, Bradley said:

If i accept that we had a bad start to the season and assume that we continue the form since the first Barnet game then I make the estimated end of season total on that basis as 68 points. I also think with the remaining games and a fitter squad we can do better than that. Playoffs therefore no problem.

(An eternal optimist, even as a town supporter.)

Bradley, did a bit of number crunching regarding form since the beginning of December, which coincides with Town's reawakening and the defeat of Barnet, for all top 7 teams.

image.png.814daff8f23a1da7a06af82001b18f69.png

This would put us in 3rd position on a PPG basis. If this was maintained until the end of the season it is estimated we could achieve 70 points.

Sadly, if we had maintained this over the first 9 games, when we only won 1 game and got 7 points, we would now be on 57 points now and sitting 3/4 in the table, with at least one game in hand on the 3 teams above us. Que Sera.

All in all, minus the first 9 games, and we are one of the most consistent teams in the League.

We usually start the season well and taper off , opposite this season and are going into final 12 games in form and full of confidence .

We are in a play off spot now , the aim is to stay there, which I think we will but this is Halifax Town we are talking about , just when you think something good is about to happen it turns to Shite .

• Haha 1
On 4/4/2021 at 1:39 PM, ITMAN said:

It should become clearer in the next 2 weeks, as Wrexham have games against Torquay, Stockport and Town in that order. Let's see how many they pick up or drop and how we do to see how at least 7th place is shaping up. 

Well it's shaping up pretty well.

5 of our next 6 at home , let's see where we are after these next 6 , we could possibly have a play off place nailed on and just be jockeying for a higher position in our final 5 games 

• Like 1